I also get the popup and think that apple is preparing something on their servers which lead to this pop up. I had this also in the past with a developer beta and with  music. Here I got 3 days to early a popup for the subscription.
    Surley no secret update without increasing the build number.
    09-07-2015 04:16 PM
    I also get the popup and think that apple is preparing something on their servers which lead to this pop up. I had this also in the past with a developer beta and with  music. Here I got 3 days to early a popup for the subscription.
    I'm going to post this one last time. The update prompt was due to the current beta being exactly one month old. Beta's don't typically run for a full month and usually expire after that time frame. Apple has not let this current beta expire but the update prompt is a system setting and we never turned off. We will get the GM (public release) on the 9th.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    MasterDarque likes this.
    09-07-2015 08:50 PM
    Welcome to iMore. I fixed your post for you.
    09-07-2015 10:03 PM
    I believe that it is a flaw in the Beta programming, set to remind us to update earlier than iOS 9 is actually available. I know it is in the programming, not a push update from Apple, because at the time I received mine, my iPad (Wi-Fi only), had been at a mountain cabin for two days with ZERO chance of Wi-Fi signal, and my iPhone was off to save battery so it couldn't have connected to a mobile hotspot. Maybe they anticipated the launch last week and updates available this past weekend when the Beta was being built.
    09-08-2015 12:34 PM
    I'm going to post this one last time. The update prompt was due to the current beta being exactly one month old. Beta's don't typically run for a full month and usually expire after that time frame. Apple has not let this current beta expire but the update prompt is a system setting and we never turned off. We will get the GM (public release) on the 9th.
    I believe that it is a flaw in the Beta programming, set to remind us to update earlier than iOS 9 is actually available. I know it is in the programming, not a push update from Apple, because at the time I received mine, my iPad (Wi-Fi only), had been at a mountain cabin for two days with ZERO chance of Wi-Fi signal, and my iPhone was off to save battery so it couldn't have connected to a mobile hotspot. Maybe they anticipated the launch last week and updates available this past weekend when the Beta was being built.
    See the post above yours...

And welcome to the thread that won't die.
    09-08-2015 12:41 PM
    We expect an Apple focused on quality, etc. to actually provide it
    09-08-2015 07:28 PM
    don't worry just a glitch from apple
    09-08-2015 08:38 PM
    don't worry just a glitch from apple

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    09-08-2015 09:35 PM
    Somebody has to say it...

Apple is doomed!
    MasterDarque likes this.
    09-08-2015 09:37 PM
    Maybe I should do an Apple announcement trope/meme drinking game for tomorrow's keynote: every time that I read comments such as...
    'Welcome to 20XX'
    'Google/Android had that feature years ago'
    'Only a minor/iterative update'
    'Apple hasn't innovated since 2007/Steve Jobs died'
    ...Or some other variation on the themes above, I'll take a sip of my favorite adult beverage. Unfortunately, I'll be at work at the time, so I'll have to wait until I get home to give this a go. I should be under the table in no time at all.
    jnew619 likes this.
    09-08-2015 11:15 PM
    Here's another suggestion for a drinking game...you take a drink every time someone on stage says "fast" (or "faster"), "thin" (or "thinner"), "great", "beautiful", "amazing", "incredible", "cool", or "awesome". I like Apple products and their events, but they do tend to lay on the adjectives and adverbs a bit too thick!
    09-09-2015 01:40 AM
    Here's another suggestion for a drinking game...you take a drink every time someone on stage says "fast" (or "faster"), "thin" (or "thinner"), "great", "beautiful", "amazing", "incredible", "cool", or "awesome". I like Apple products and their events, but they do tend to lay on the adjectives and adverbs a bit too thick!
    So, Apple's talking up their new product releases to the public? Yeah, how odd it is for a company that has invested time and money developing those new products/releases to want to put those said items in the best light possible. It's not like Apple is a for profit business or anything. Like I mentioned earlier about variations on a theme, I think I'll take my first one right now 🍺👍
    09-09-2015 06:34 AM
    Really? Geeesh.
    09-09-2015 09:27 AM
    Anyone know when us public be 3's will update to 9 GM?
    09-09-2015 03:43 PM
    Its not clear yet if we will be or not. Stay tuned!
    09-09-2015 03:44 PM
    Anyone know when us public be 3's will update to 9 GM?
    If it's not "officially" released via the Public Beta channel - the usual 'unofficial' sources will have the GM available that you can download and install via iTunes later today...
    AABAAF likes this.
    09-09-2015 03:46 PM
    Really? Geeesh.
    Ok, how about this for a less smart aleck response.
    If a company announces new products (Apple), but is lacking in any emotion or excitement during their presentation of said products, then why should I as a would be purchaser and customer of theirs have any excitement or enthusiasm for their new announcements. If they seemingly don't care about what they're releasing (by giving an emotionless, monotone stat-line style of presentation), why then should I care about potentially spending hundreds of dollars of my own money on their new releases?
    Rightly or wrongly, agree or disagree about Apple's style during these keynotes - I think it shows to myself, and maybe to others of the buying public, that Apple is passionate about what they do, and want to share that passion and enthusiasm about their products and services with their customers - both old, and new.
    09-09-2015 04:11 PM
    It was a joke. I think they simply way over do it with some of their word choice. . There are YouTube videos out there that show them over using the words I wrote. I am not saying that they shouldn't sell their products in the best way possible, nor am I saying their products are crap.
    maximusaurelius likes this.
    09-09-2015 08:23 PM
    It was a joke. I think they simply way over do it with some of their word choice. . There are YouTube videos out there that show them over using the words I wrote. I am not saying that they shouldn't sell their products in the best way possible, nor am I saying their products are crap.
    I agree. I love their products but if they make the device thicker they say 'more durable' and if the new model is thinner they use thin or graceful to describe it . They will never say 'clunky' or 'fragile' or even 'bendy'
    09-10-2015 02:35 AM
    It was not because the beta was exactly one month old. I've had the beta since July 10 and did not get this message until September 5. It's just a glitch, and if you try to restore your phone and go back to 8.4 it doesn't do it. Says the location cannot be found. Mine too says my iOS is up to date, yet I just received a 2nd message to upgrade.

Also, for the person who said they cannot update to iCloud , I can't either, mine hasn't updated since I did it before installing the beta. Hopefully iOS 9 will be released soon and all will be fixed.
    09-10-2015 05:56 AM
    I just got the message again to upgrade from the beta.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    09-10-2015 08:04 AM
    Hopefully iOS 9 will be released soon and all will be fixed.
    iOS9 comes out 9/16...
    09-10-2015 08:12 AM
    iOS 9.1 Beta 1 is available now, via normal means.
    09-12-2015 12:27 PM
    My phone continues to say a newer version of iOS is available and to go upgrade it. But there isn't one there. It pops up the message tho EVERYTIME I lock and unlock my phone.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk
    09-13-2015 09:02 PM
    My phone continues to say a newer version of iOS is available and to go upgrade it. But there isn't one there. It pops up the message tho EVERYTIME I lock and unlock my phone.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk
    Same here. At first this was happening every so often, but today it's happening every time I lock and unlock my iPhone. (I have an iPhone 6 Plus)

Sent from my Space Gray iPhone from a galaxy far far away using Tapatalk
    09-13-2015 09:21 PM
78 1234