I am surprised with the new look they gave to viewing all the apps their isn't a button to just close all the ones in one click rather then swiping up
    08-07-2015 07:47 PM
    What "new look they gave to viewing all the apps" are you referring to?
    08-07-2015 07:50 PM
    Guess he's talking about app list when you get by double clicking home button.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    08-07-2015 08:05 PM
    Guess he's talking about app list when you get by double clicking home button.

Oh okay. Thank you...
    08-07-2015 08:09 PM
    Yes there is nothing to close all multitask cards, and worse yet no button to dismiss all notifications in Notification Center. I can't understand how a user experience focused company like apple hasn't figured out how to add many of the simplest niceties. Maybe one day.

jaleelhamid, nj1266 and ladyc0524 like this.
    08-07-2015 08:15 PM
    In regard to the recently used app list, remember that not all apps that appear in that list are active/running. With iOS, some apps will run for a short period of time before they are set to a suspended state so having a close-all option wouldn't be that effective, in my opinion, but I would like to see a "clear-all" option...
    jaleelhamid likes this.
    08-07-2015 08:15 PM
    In regard to the recently used app list, remember that not all apps that appear in that list are active/running. With iOS, some apps will run for a short period of time before they are set to a suspended state so having a close-all option wouldn't be that effective, in my opinion, but I would like to see a "clear-all" option...
    Oh alright thanks do clearing it up guys
    08-07-2015 08:38 PM
    I only swipe out apps that misbehave. I used to do them all, but found it took more resources to do so. So I leave them be. They're actually useful being there.
    08-07-2015 09:55 PM
    Yes there is nothing to close all multitask cards, and worse yet no button to dismiss all notifications in Notification Center. I can't understand how a user experience focused company like apple hasn't figured out how to add many of the simplest niceties. Maybe one day.
    There are many that believe that closing all apps causes more battery drain than leaving them open - because of having to launch the app again, and reconnect to the internet/server/whatever.

In the mean time, feel free to leave feedback to Apple or consider a more appropriate mobile OS platform.

I'm not really saying that this is how Apple designed it, so take or leave it, but you can only do what the current version of iOS allows.

Apple - iPhone - Feedback
    OZsMac likes this.
    08-07-2015 10:31 PM
    I would like to see that button, too. It would make my life much easier--my OCD and all.
    iwicked likes this.
    08-09-2015 09:55 AM
    Sometimes there is an app that you don't want to force close. So they would also need an option to exclude apps from an all close button.
    Bigeric23 likes this.
    08-09-2015 09:59 AM
    Sometimes there is an app that you don't want to force close. So they would also need an option to exclude apps from an all close button.
    That is a good point.
    08-09-2015 10:06 AM
    I don't want a close all button. I like choosing what I close.
    pr1nce likes this.
    08-09-2015 11:09 AM
    I don't want a close all button. I like choosing what I close.
    I don't want a close all button either. I want to decide which apps I close.
    08-09-2015 11:20 AM
    Apple is indeed focused on user experience. I bet they even though about what you suggest. I also bet they ruled it out to prevent people to close apps they didn't want to close or to delete notifications they didn't want to delete.
    08-09-2015 12:01 PM
    That would be redundant. All they need to do is leave functionality, where individual apps can be swiped upwards to close, and also add a small 'close all' button somewhere. Perhaps force touch on the 6s and 6s+ will offer this function similar to dismissing all notifications on Apple Watch. Fingers crossed

08-10-2015 11:41 PM
    Apple is indeed focused on user experience. I bet they even though about what you suggest. I also bet they ruled it out to prevent people to close apps they didn't want to close or to delete notifications they didn't want to delete.
    Wouldn't it be easy enough for individual dismissal of notifications as well as mass dismissal to actually co-exist quite easily, similar to that of Apple Watch notification clearing? Perhaps they will be introducing this on 6s and 6s+ alongside force touch.

Bigeric23 likes this.
    08-10-2015 11:45 PM
    Wouldn't it be easy enough for individual dismissal of notifications as well as mass dismissal to actually co-exist quite easily, similar to that of Apple Watch notification clearing? Perhaps they will be introducing this on 6s and 6s+ alongside force touch.

I like the way you think.
    rpayner likes this.
    08-11-2015 07:59 AM
    I don't see a point to a close all button. To what end? It's not necessary to do that.
    08-11-2015 08:15 AM
    It's convenient when you have a 100 apps open..
    Bigeric23 and rpayner like this.
    08-12-2015 12:08 AM
    It's convenient when you have a 100 apps open..
    And when you have OCD.
    Ledsteplin likes this.
    08-12-2015 08:10 AM
    No lol not ocd but if a app or app(s) is acting up its very convenient
    08-13-2015 12:07 AM
    You don't need to close them all because one misbehaves. At any given time, there's very few apps actually running in the background. I haven't closed all apps out in almost 2 years. I have 114 downloaded apps with about 106 mb free memory. It stays at around that number. iOS manages RAM very efficiently.
    jaleelhamid likes this.
    08-13-2015 12:31 AM
    That's illogical. Why close all if one is misbehaving?

Sent from my GORGEOUS, SEXY, AWESOME Gold 128G iPhone 6
    08-14-2015 06:12 AM
    By the way guys, if you run the iOS9 beta you'll notice there's almost a "clear all" button. In the notification settings you can chose to group notifications by apps, or not. I you chose not to, notifications will only be separated by days (if you have notifications older than the current day).

Note that you have to use the "Recent" sort order to have this option. It's not available with the manual sort order.
    08-15-2015 11:27 AM
37 12