Close all apps.

jaleelhamid

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
I am surprised with the new look they gave to viewing all the apps their isn't a button to just close all the ones in one click rather then swiping up

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
What "new look they gave to viewing all the apps" are you referring to?

rpayner

May 16, 2015
Visit site
Yes there is nothing to close all multitask cards, and worse yet no button to dismiss all notifications in Notification Center. I can't understand how a user experience focused company like apple hasn't figured out how to add many of the simplest niceties. Maybe one day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
In regard to the recently used app list, remember that not all apps that appear in that list are active/running. With iOS, some apps will run for a short period of time before they are set to a suspended state so having a close-all option wouldn't be that effective, in my opinion, but I would like to see a "clear-all" option...:)

jaleelhamid

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
In regard to the recently used app list, remember that not all apps that appear in that list are active/running. With iOS, some apps will run for a short period of time before they are set to a suspended state so having a close-all option wouldn't be that effective, in my opinion, but I would like to see a "clear-all" option...:)

Oh alright thanks do clearing it up guys

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I only swipe out apps that misbehave. I used to do them all, but found it took more resources to do so. So I leave them be. They're actually useful being there.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Yes there is nothing to close all multitask cards, and worse yet no button to dismiss all notifications in Notification Center. I can't understand how a user experience focused company like apple hasn't figured out how to add many of the simplest niceties. Maybe one day.

There are many that believe that closing all apps causes more battery drain than leaving them open - because of having to launch the app again, and reconnect to the internet/server/whatever.

In the mean time, feel free to leave feedback to Apple or consider a more appropriate mobile OS platform.

I'm not really saying that this is how Apple designed it, so take or leave it, but you can only do what the current version of iOS allows.

Apple - iPhone - Feedback

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Sometimes there is an app that you don't want to force close. So they would also need an option to exclude apps from an all close button.

froli13

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
Apple is indeed focused on user experience. I bet they even though about what you suggest. I also bet they ruled it out to prevent people to close apps they didn't want to close or to delete notifications they didn't want to delete.

rpayner

May 16, 2015
Visit site
Sometimes there is an app that you don't want to force close. So they would also need an option to exclude apps from an all close button.

That would be redundant. All they need to do is leave functionality, where individual apps can be swiped upwards to close, and also add a small 'close all' button somewhere. Perhaps force touch on the 6s and 6s+ will offer this function similar to dismissing all notifications on Apple Watch. Fingers crossed

rpayner

May 16, 2015
Visit site
Apple is indeed focused on user experience. I bet they even though about what you suggest. I also bet they ruled it out to prevent people to close apps they didn't want to close or to delete notifications they didn't want to delete.

Wouldn't it be easy enough for individual dismissal of notifications as well as mass dismissal to actually co-exist quite easily, similar to that of Apple Watch notification clearing? Perhaps they will be introducing this on 6s and 6s+ alongside force touch.

Bigeric23

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
Wouldn't it be easy enough for individual dismissal of notifications as well as mass dismissal to actually co-exist quite easily, similar to that of Apple Watch notification clearing? Perhaps they will be introducing this on 6s and 6s+ alongside force touch.

I like the way you think. :yes:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR