iOS9 Public Beta 3 now available

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnapThrow

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for the info guys! I think I'll be sticking with 8.4 until 9.0's release in September. I love betas and all but I need a functional phone.

Yeah I'm restoring an 8.4 iTunes backup I have as I type. Shouldn't have installed on my daily driver (iP6+) in the first place but had a moment of weakness. The UI lag, graphical bugs, and occasional crashes drove me nuts in all of about one about a day!

SnapThrow

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
Profound.

So, no, you don't think they'll provide an option?

I'll give you an answer which is purely my opinion... not I do not think Apple will give you a way to turn off the left-most search screen. It seems to be where they are headed UI wise with spotlight search...

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Profound.

So, no, you don't think they'll provide an option?

Did everyone forget that spotlight search used to be to the left of the home screen before iOS 7 came out... And there was no swiping down on the home screen to get to spotlight search before iOS 7... In my opinion there will be no option to get rid of the spotlight search that is to the left of the home screen in iOS 9

Sent from my 6th gen iPod touch using Tapatalk

kdeckels

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
Issues I was having with earbuds & a few apps have cleared up with the latest build. Battery life has improved dramatically & don't notice phone heating up.

RoCutler

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
ok, I've done some playing with a couple of suggestions given on a number of forums.
I usually have Reduce Motion turned on, and after the update both my iPad Air and iPhone5s heated up, and battery drain was huge.
Im not sure where I read it, but someone suggested to turn on Reduce Motion, to reduce a process which was running a lot of process cycles - if it's already on, turn it off and on again in Settings/General/Accessibility (in true IT Crowd Style)

So my method what to do this first on the iPad Air (wifi/cell/32gb)
Before I updated I
Turned "Off" Reduce Motion in Setting/General/Accessibility
Updated to iOS9pb3
It heated up again.
I then Turned "On" Reduce Motion.
Battery seems a lot better, iPad is not hot.

I ran it for a couple of days - battery drain was acceptable.

I did this on the iPhone5c last night too, and again iphone is cooler (but still a tiny bit warm to touch, 20'c methinks), and the battery drain is again acceptable.
I have yet to try low-power mode, which I've been told makes it even better.
I will report back after the weekend with comments.

Last edited:

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Is there anything in this "Beta" about getting rid of the shaded home screen bottom dock, or at least having an option in settings to remove it?

piranhadonna

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
Maybe you should give it another day and then restore and come back to the beta if it's not working out. :)

I let it run completely down and charged it back up and seems to be ok now. It was also getting pretty warm when it was draining so fast I thought I was back on dp 2 lol.

riaanck

Aug 15, 2015
Visit site
Hey guys, I've got the 4s running ios 9 beta 3. I've noticed since the first beta that spotlight can only be accessed by swiping down (no left swipe) and also no wifi assist shows up in my cellular settings? Is this because of the device age? The wifi assist doesn't bother me, but I would love the left swipe for spotlight though.

Milenkod

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
Anyone getting a notice that a new public beta is available but when you go to General--> Software Update it tells you your up to date? I'm stuck on the previous beta and not sure what I'm doing wrong to get my ipad3 updated?????

whetrick1

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
I've only got the IOS 9 and when I got to check updates it says I have the latest version. Where do you go to get the latest update

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

froli13

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
I have been using the beta (started with PB3) for one week now and it's great all around. I expected it to be less stable but so far so good. I only see small glitches now and then, especially the keyboard and sending animations in Messages and I only had one soft reboot so far. Bluetooth headphones works great, my UP2 works great, battery life is great. Sometimes Spotlight doesn't play nice though. Can't click on anything and apps/contacts suggestions are useless so far. I love the new features especially those related to battery. Like the battery saving mode and the widget in the notification center that shows the battery level of every devices connected. I wish my UP2 would show up there though, I guess Jawbone has to do something for this to work.

ba_hamilton

May 29, 2011
Visit site
ok, I've done some playing with a couple of suggestions given on a number of forums.
I usually have Reduce Motion turned on, and after the update both my iPad Air and iPhone5s heated up, and battery drain was huge.
Im not sure where I read it, but someone suggested to turn on Reduce Motion, to reduce a process which was running a lot of process cycles - if it's already on, turn it off and on again in Settings/General/Accessibility (in true IT Crowd Style)

This worked for me. Thanks for this. My phone no longer runs hot and my battery life is back to normal. In 5 hours I'm only down 4 percent. In my case, Reduced Motion was turned off. I turned it back on and it seems to have fixed my problem.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I've only got the IOS 9 and when I got to check updates it says I have the latest version. Where do you go to get the latest update

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If the latest version is the same as the one depicted in the attached screenshot then you have the latest beta version.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1439660087.382321.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox