iOS9 Public Beta 3 now available

Status
Not open for further replies.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I am seeing an issue with the App Switcher. The second-most recently used app displays as a blank/white page in the switcher.

This is not happening on my iPhone 5 with developer beta 5 installed... strange, as the build number for DB5 and PB3 is identical.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
View attachment 87083Has anyone else noticed that PB 3 broken iCloud back up? It won't do it automatically anymore and when I do it manually, I'll check back a few hours later and it tells me it was never backed up.

When I plugged it into my iMac to back up to iTunes, it says my last iCloud back up was July of 2010?! Was iCloud even around then?!
That's been going on for me since Public Beta 1... Not sure if it's an iOS bug, or an iTunes bug... Devices showing iCloud backups are happening for me... and iTunes wifi sync is irregular for me too.

Last edited:
Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
Mine does the same. I thought maybe it was just Messages that did that. I rarely keep more than a couple tabs open usually.

Yep. It's the messages.
d713b66dda95259bf3e76ec91d8eaec9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk!

btebeau

Apr 19, 2015
Visit site
I have been using it for several days. In 8.4 I was having springboard relaunches every day (started with 8.4 update). I finally decided to try the beta. The springboard relaunches seems to be fixed, but I noticed two bugs.

1) Bluetooth connections drop every 10-15 minutes. It is almost like the service crashes and restarts. I have speakers that worked fine before the beta that the phone no longer maintains a connection with them. I have not checked my watch when this happens.

2) I have a banking app that requires me to acknowledge that I want to use the fingerprint reader to log in...then it takes me back to the log in to enter log in and password and complete setting up the fingerprint log in, but, no keyboard will appear to allow me to log in, and the screen doesn't respond. I have to force close to get the app to respond again, restarting the whole process. It worked fine in 8.4.

So far these are the worst bugs. Swype seemed to work fine, but I have gone back to the default keyboard while using the beta.

iPhone6, 128

Photochris74

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
That was my thinking as well. First I woke up to the message that I hadn't backed up for two weeks. It happened to be the day I installed PB 2. So I tried a manual back up. The first two attempts failed so I turned iCloud back up off, did a hard reboot and then turned back up back on. It went right through with no issues. But when I woke up this morning it said never backed up.

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
View attachment 87083Has anyone else noticed that PB 3 broken iCloud back up? It won't do it automatically anymore and when I do it manually, I'll check back a few hours later and it tells me it was never backed up.

When I plugged it into my iMac to back up to iTunes, it says my last iCloud back up was July of 2010?! Was iCloud even around then?!

Yeah mine won't do it automatically- it usually works when I do it manually

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

kazn3r

Aug 19, 2012
Visit site
Sitting on a stopped delayed annoying the heck out of me train right now reading all comments.

To everyone doubting whether they should give beta a try--I'll say this. I've used it on my main phone since PB1 (i6). PB2 fixed the main issue I had on PB1, cell data randomly dropping.

I have never had an issue with alarms on either beta.

News was buggy in 1, but has since been great in 2.

I will not hesitate at all to update to 3, as soon as this train moves and I get home to wifi.

Update to the beta, and give feedback. That's the most important part. Don't come here to report problems first, write a message in the feedback app!

Will report back tmrw.

lightning8888

May 30, 2015
Visit site
Most hospitals should have a free wifi account, you should ask someone. Either way hope you get better fast and it will be waiting for you when you get out!

At the hospital i work at you have to connect then open browser and click "Agree" to fully connect and be able to download apps and such. The Agree button is a page of terms and conditions. I have seen other hospitals with similar setups. Try launching internet browser after you connect to see if you get a terms and conditions page .

btebeau

Apr 19, 2015
Visit site
My bugs have been reported. To me, the main reason to post here is so others that are thinking about installing the beta can see any bugs that might be show stoppers for them. Performance of the phone and battery life have both been very good.

anon(9132077)

Oct 11, 2014
Visit site
My Siri/Shazam integration does not work with PB3 on my iPhone 6. I asked Siri "who sings this song" as I always used to and her quick reply was "I don't know". These was no offer to listen for a second or anything. Anyone seen this or know if apple got rid of that integration?

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
A while ago when I went to the home screen the home screen disappeared and came back a split second later. It had been happening for the the past 4 days and it just stopped today.

Status
Not open for further replies.