Anyone having issues with AppleID? Since downloading the PB3, and having the two factor authentication with trusted devices enabled on my ID, I can't get into my account. I've tried the iForgot path with the recovery key - both resetting the password and trying to old password and it goes through saying the account is unlocked. But, when I go back to login, it says the ID is still locked.

I've gone through support, Account Security and now sitting with an open ticket with the engineering team - just checking to see if anyone else has seen this.
    I had that problem in PB2. Ended up putting my sim back in my Android til PB3 came out. PB3 actually fixed it for me.
    08-11-2015 11:01 PM
    My 5s runs quite a bit hotter and battery life is only about 8 hours now. I use to get 36 hours on it.
    08-12-2015 12:46 AM
    For me the battery life seems to be a lot better than before. Charged the phone yesterday and now sitting in 42%. Screen on time 4h and stand by 18h.
    08-12-2015 02:56 AM
    I have Beta 3 on the phone. Insanely awful to install. Might have been a memory problem, but had to a reinstallation to factory settings e.g. OS 8, then upgrade to 8.4 (which I hated), then another attempt to Beta 3.

Then yesterday, the battery drained rapidly. And apps now cannot be uninstalled.
    08-12-2015 08:08 AM
    I have Beta 3 on the phone. Insanely awful to install. Might have been a memory problem, but had to a reinstallation to factory settings e.g. OS 8, then upgrade to 8.4 (which I hated), then another attempt to Beta 3.

Then yesterday, the battery drained rapidly. And apps now cannot be uninstalled.
    Sounds like you might need a clean install. =[

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk!
    08-12-2015 10:24 AM
    My iPhone5S and iPad Air both Warmed up as soon as they were started up, Loosing about 1% a minute in general use on iPhone, video use dropped life to about 40 minutes on the Air.

I lived with it for 3 days thinking that it will calm down, but to no luck.

I rolled back to 8.4 on both devices and battery life has returned to normal, giving me a full day on the iPhone, and 5+ hours on the iPad using video.

I think I'll wait until after the full version is available, and I might even wait until after then, this Public Beta lark has given me a bad taste, and Im not trusting the quick turnaround on betas to get the features out, feature which I do not necessarily need (straight away), although music was certainly better in the beta than in 8.4.

I've been told that the devices do not warm up so much if Location Services is turned off completely - there is still a moderate power drain over the stable version.
    08-12-2015 10:43 AM
    Where do you download it from

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    08-12-2015 11:06 AM
    Where do you download it from
    iOS 9 public beta: The ultimate guide | iMore
    08-12-2015 11:08 AM
    Thanks will download when I get off work so I can use my WiFi at the house. Will post how I like it after I try it.

08-12-2015 11:10 AM
    My iPhone5S and iPad Air both Warmed up as soon as they were started up, Loosing about 1% a minute in general use on iPhone, video use dropped life to about 40 minutes on the Air.

I lived with it for 3 days thinking that it will calm down, but to no luck.

I rolled back to 8.4 on both devices and battery life has returned to normal, giving me a full day on the iPhone, and 5+ hours on the iPad using video.

I think I'll wait until after the full version is available, and I might even wait until after then, this Public Beta lark has given me a bad taste, and Im not trusting the quick turnaround on betas to get the features out, feature which I do not necessarily need (straight away), although music was certainly better in the beta than in 8.4.

I've been told that the devices do not warm up so much if Location Services is turned off completely - there is still a moderate power drain over the stable version.
    My 6 got much warmer the first couple days as well, but got better. It also gets warmer, faster when I use it outside on hot days than before, but it's nothing that's super concerning. Never gets hot, just warm.
    08-12-2015 11:46 AM
    My Beta instal failed, simply says error installing, I had to reset...:-(
    08-12-2015 12:19 PM
    My Beta instal failed, simply says error installing, I had to reset...:-(
    Mine failed initially too but installed fine after a reboot
    08-12-2015 12:34 PM
    The install tool some time but it went smoothly. The only complaints I have are about some transitions that are lagging and the fact that Podcasts, iBooks, find my iPhone and find my friends are built in. I never liked the fact that Apple started adding those apps to the OS in iOS 8.
    08-12-2015 01:17 PM
    Me either, bloatware that gets in the way
    08-12-2015 02:40 PM
    Has anyone looked at the native Podcasts app yet? Does it search iTunes yet? Also how's Bluetooth in here. On PB2 the connection to my headset would drop the minute I went out of line of sight from the phone. That was a deal breaker for me and I had to go back to 8.4.
    08-12-2015 04:40 PM
    Has anyone looked at the native Podcasts app yet? Does it search iTunes yet? Also how's Bluetooth in here. On PB2 the connection to my headset would drop the minute I went out of line of sight from the phone. That was a deal breaker for me and I had to go back to 8.4.
    I haven't had any problems with the Podcast App searching iTunes. I don't use Bluetooth headphones, but do listen through my soundbar. Haven't had any issues with it yet.
    Patrick McAfee likes this.
    08-12-2015 05:07 PM
    I have had bluetooth issues that I never had on 8.4. Keeps dropping every 10-15 minutes, with a speaker a few feet away. Reported it, hopefully they fix it.
    Patrick McAfee likes this.
    08-12-2015 09:23 PM
    Anyone else's camera very dark? 6 plus here.
    08-12-2015 10:35 PM
    Got it downloaded. Everything went real smooth. Didn't have any problems downloading or installing it. So far I really like it. Seems to be working just fine.

08-13-2015 01:33 AM
    I haven't had any problems with the Podcast App searching iTunes. I don't use Bluetooth headphones, but do listen through my soundbar. Haven't had any issues with it yet.
    I have had bluetooth issues that I never had on 8.4. Keeps dropping every 10-15 minutes, with a speaker a few feet away. Reported it, hopefully they fix it.
    Thanks for the info guys! I think I'll be sticking with 8.4 until 9.0's release in September. I love betas and all but I need a functional phone.
    Last edited by Patrick McAfee; 08-13-2015 at 08:42 AM. Reason: Added a quote
    08-13-2015 08:41 AM
    Do you think Apple will give us the option to disable entirely that leftmost search screen? I, personally, do not see the point in needing two ways to access spotlight. The swipe down gesture is enough in my opinion. Honestly, I don't use spotlight search at all, ever. In fact, I have every searchable unchecked in the settings.
    08-13-2015 10:33 AM
    Do you think Apple will give us the option to disable entirely that leftmost search screen?
    You can always just not make the gesture to invoke it...
    08-13-2015 11:09 AM
    You can always just not make the gesture to invoke it...
    Profound.

So, no, you don't think they'll provide an option?
    08-13-2015 11:19 AM
    Profound.

So, no, you don't think they'll provide an option?
    The option to disable or not is irrelevant if one just doesn't use it. It's still there - so what? Don't use it... It's like the Stocks app - I don't use it. I'm not advocating Apple allow me to delete it... I simply chose to ignore it exists.
    08-13-2015 11:24 AM
    Lol just noticed the beta changed messages app in a way it shows contact pictures in overview. Perhaps an old feature in beta but new to me 😄
    08-13-2015 03:19 PM
349 ... 678910 ...