iOS9 Developer Beta 5 now available

Status
Not open for further replies.

joxer007

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
I seem to have lost the videos that i downloaded from iTunes but luckily they're still on my phone as Other in storage. Anyone else have this problem?

I lost all my videos and timelapse from Photo app after beta 5. I had to go get them with iExplorer

baz1536

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
Couple more features

Love the way you can see text being selected when marking up and now in the UK you get city names of incoming callers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

konjis1

Sep 18, 2014
Visit site
The wifi assist toggle, I truly believe this functionality has been happening ever since iOS 8.4 (or maybe sooner in the iOS 8 regime) without the consent of the consumer. The purpose of the toggle is to switch from wifi to cellular data automatically when/if wifi signal is weak. So now Apple has implemented a way to give control back to the user on the sly! Just my 2cents

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oladob

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
So when the grand master iOS 9 is released, do we as beta testers get the OTA update on our devices or is there something more we'll need to do to get the update. Currently we didnt (as should be expected) get the iOS 8.4.1 update. Anyone know?

naimmkassim

Jan 18, 2014
Visit site
So when the grand master iOS 9 is released, do we as beta testers get the OTA update on our devices or is there something more we'll need to do to get the update. Currently we didnt (as should be expected) get the iOS 8.4.1 update. Anyone know?
I was going to ask the same question..lol..park here..

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Afaik you'll have to connect your phone to iTunes and do a restore and put the latest backup back. I recommend you because of that to do a encoded backup before restoring.

Nonstickron

Aug 25, 2015
Visit site
I'm having a bear of a time with gaming on iOS9. Gamecenter is completely fubar. Occassionally it will load, out of the blue, but for the most part it is unresponsive and won't let any game that checks for gamecenter before starting, to get passed that point.

Also, deleting apps seems to be bugged. If I enter wiggly mode, I can move apps around just fine but if I tap an X my phone usually locks and then reboots. Most of the time. Sometimes I can delete an app, or even two, but never more than that before it freezes.

I don't understand how people can be saying this is nearly ready for release with such glaring obstructions to usability as these. Really hoping the next release fixes these. :crying:

BradKamin

Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
I am all of a sudden having rapid battery lose. I've been on beta 5 since the very begging and have had 0 battery issues and today my battery has been draining like crazy. Battery fully charged at 6pm and 4.5hrs later and I'm down to 33%.ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1440642601.210118.jpgImageUploadedByiMore Forums1440642618.401552.jpg

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm having a bear of a time with gaming on iOS9. Gamecenter is completely fubar. Occassionally it will load, out of the blue, but for the most part it is unresponsive and won't let any game that checks for gamecenter before starting, to get passed that point.

Also, deleting apps seems to be bugged. If I enter wiggly mode, I can move apps around just fine but if I tap an X my phone usually locks and then reboots. Most of the time. Sometimes I can delete an app, or even two, but never more than that before it freezes.

I don't understand how people can be saying this is nearly ready for release with such glaring obstructions to usability as these. Really hoping the next release fixes these. :crying:

You're making it seem as if 'everyone' is experiencing what you're experiencing, and that's simply untrue. There are those of us with devices that iOS 9 is running superbly well with.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Beta 6 will come tomorrow. I can sense it.

Interestingly, according to this chart, Apple has released a beta between 7-8 days prior to Gold Master (GM)/General Availability (GA) release for every major (x.0) version since iOS 5. Some argue that the "last" beta in those cases is, in fact, the GM release which is released approximately one week prior to the GA version.

Personally, I think we're done with the betas, save the GM version that's coming 09/09 following the keynote.

iOS Version History Chart

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox