iOS9 Developer Beta 5 now available

Status
Not open for further replies.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
It's built into the OS, to test if it works on your device just have wifi on, turn cellular data off, then make a phone call. Having cellular data turned off makes sure that your phone is only running on wifi.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can have both wifi and cellular data off and still make calls...

Sent from my 5th gen (soon to be 6th gen) iPod touch using Tapatalk

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
So far so good and this may be the first beta I will run as my daily driver. I personally think there will be one more beta in two weeks and that's it until GM in September. The last beta is always the longest available.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
It's built into the OS, to test if it works on your device just have wifi on, turn cellular data off, then make a phone call. Having cellular data turned off makes sure that your phone is only running on wifi.

I can have both wifi and cellular data off and still make calls...

Exactly. Cellular data is, well, for data. Cellular data on or off does not affect the voice channel - which is both phone calls and texting.

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
So I guess they took away the ability to use your keyboard as a trackpad on an iPhone. I haven't seen this feature since the early betas.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
So I guess they took away the ability to use your keyboard as a trackpad on an iPhone. I haven't seen this feature since the early betas.

I remember it being removed earlier - I know it wasn't in beta 4, maybe not in beta 3. The function still works on the iPads. Don't give up hope. :)

vsnlweb

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
I remember it being removed earlier - I know it wasn't in beta 4, maybe not in beta 3. The function still works on the iPads. Don't give up hope. :)

I doubt they're gonna bring it back. They were probably testing out how it would function on the iPhone keyboard. I guess they thought it wasn't much use!?!?

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

tsparks1

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
I doubt they're gonna bring it back. They were probably testing out how it would function on the iPhone keyboard. I guess they thought it wasn't much use!?!?

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

IMHO it was very useful. Hope to see it come back.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
ac214acbb5db183641177bb44e2256e8.jpg

This is what I got when I tried to enable it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
Very very solid build. I tried past betas and they were not up to par, but this one is very good. cleaned up and no issues thus far.

Batting1000

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
I knew I wasn't allucinating! I hope this returns.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It won't be. Apple Developer Relations confirmed to several people from Macrumors who reported it said it won't be back and it was only intended for the iPad. It was removed with beta 2 I believe.

tsparks1

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
It won't be. Apple Developer Relations confirmed to several people from Macrumors who reported it said it won't be back and it was only intended for the iPad. It was removed with beta 2 I believe.

Oh well, at least it seems to be a very smooth and stable build, for me at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh