I got the beta 3 uploaded. They borked Swype! LOL.

It'll work at first, then this when I try to re-access it.: https://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/08...269bf54c3f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk!
    How is everything else working for you? And how are you feeling?
    08-09-2015 09:45 AM
    can anybody help me with beta installation link ? Wanna install on my iPad Air Thanks
    08-09-2015 12:17 PM
    can anybody help me with beta installation link ? Wanna install on my iPad Air Thanks
    On the device, using Safari, go to beta.apple.com, login with your AppleID and follow the prompts. You will first have to download the beta profile, and then the beta software will show as an iOS update.
    iwicked likes this.
    08-09-2015 12:31 PM
    I think it's safe to download it on your primary device I have it On mine and I love it no bugs yet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    iwicked likes this.
    08-09-2015 01:38 PM
    How is everything else working for you? And how are you feeling?
    Using SwiftKey for now. Battery life is way better on beta 3! I'm much happier and not as worried about it dying in the middle of my day.

Finally figured out what was happening to me, they are testing this theory to be sure. If all goes well, I'll be home tomorrow!

Bigeric23 and Closingracer like this.
    08-09-2015 02:52 PM
    Hello lovely people. So I've been considering installing iOS 9 public beta on my iPhone 6, which also happens to be my primary device. Of course I will do the mandatory iTunes backup and everything. But I wanted to know from your experience whether I'm likely to face any major problem with iOS 9. Like serious bugs and all that might render my phone useless.

Basically, is it safe? What does your experience say? Thanks for sharing your insights!

I have and so far no major issues. You'll get some annoyances like groupme app sometimes crashes repeatedly but closing and reopening solves the issue

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    iwicked likes this.
    08-11-2015 01:09 PM
    I got the beta 3 uploaded. They borked Swype! LOL.

It'll work at first, then this when I try to re-access it.: https://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/08...269bf54c3f.jpg

Swiftkey flow is better anyways imo

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    08-11-2015 01:10 PM
    Great to hear so many positive experiences. It gives me heart! I think I'll take the plunge this weekend. Fingers crossed! And thank you all for your responses. Feel free to share any issues you face in this thread.

08-11-2015 01:47 PM
    One query guys. I have downloaded and installed the beta profile from Apple's website. My software update is now showing iOS 9 public beta 3 is available. Now my question is, what if I don't install the beta. Will I still receive normal iOS updates? Or do I need to do a system restore for that? Thanks.

08-11-2015 02:33 PM
    For those complaining or even concerned that the latest betas (DB5 and PB3) still lag from time to time or on intensive ops, here's something to consider. We need to realize that these beta releases still contain logic for running traces and diagnostics, etc. These tools do impact the overall performance of the release, and they will be removed in the GM release. Obviously, no one outside fo Apple knows specifically what kind of code traces (or where in the OS that they've activated them), but, the fact that these are beta releases pretty much guarantees that there is still active diagnostic code in the software.

The traces and diagnostics could be throughout the code and be used to identify areas where the code could be tightened up, and/or they could be focused on what Apple has identified as problem areas where they are trying to identify info and exterminate perceived bugs.

One more thing we can be sure of - the extra diagnostic code is negatively affecting battery life. Not sure how much of an impact it has, but it's definitely greater than zero.

My point with this post is that the GM version will definitely perform better once all of the diagnostic code is removed.
    kch50428 likes this.
    08-11-2015 02:34 PM
    what if I don't install the beta. Will I still receive normal iOS updates?
    I believe this is addressed in the beta FAQ and it states that "normal" iOS 9 update will be pushed to beta users just as you would expect. I have the beta profile installed and the red update badge staring at me but haven't taken the leap yet...
    iwicked likes this.
    08-11-2015 02:52 PM
    I believe this is addressed in the beta FAQ and it states that "normal" iOS 9 update will be pushed to beta users just as you would expect. I have the beta profile installed and the red update badge staring at me but haven't taken the leap yet...
    Thanks! I'm installing beta - couldn't wait any longer.

08-11-2015 02:53 PM
    For me the latest beta has worked like a charm. Had my doubts as well. Go for it. And a big bonus is that you get the chance to help Apple make the OS better.
    iwicked likes this.
    08-11-2015 03:25 PM
    So far the beta has been working like a charm. I am noticing vastly improved battery life - 12 hrs standby and 2 hrs usage and I'm still at 78%. Wow! Haven't had any crashes or anything like that yet. Good stuff!
    Bigeric23 and Closingracer like this.
    08-12-2015 06:15 AM
    So far the beta has been working like a charm. I am noticing vastly improved battery life - 12 hrs standby and 2 hrs usage and I'm still at 78%. Wow! Haven't had any crashes or anything like that yet. Good stuff!
    I'm having similar results.
    08-12-2015 08:09 AM
    I noticed once my menu animations stopped working. A restart fixed the issue. Anyone else have this?

08-12-2015 12:39 PM
    Thanks! I'm installing beta - couldn't wait any longer.
    Same for me, installed last night. Initially the update failed after it downloaded but then it installed fine after a reboot. Too early to say anything definitive but so far so good. Like the new font, apps I have opened/used this morning seem to be working fine, had to do a manual iCloud backup since it did not do an automatic one last night.
    08-12-2015 12:44 PM
    Same for me, installed last night. Initially the update failed after it downloaded but then it installed fine after a reboot. Too early to say anything definitive but so far so good. Like the new font, apps I have opened/used this morning seem to be working fine, had to do a manual iCloud backup since it did not do an automatic one last night.
    Good to know. I honestly can't tell the difference between the old and new font.

08-12-2015 10:55 PM
    It's really sporadic for me

This is from today which I took off the charger around 10AM and at 11% around 2AM

Another time I would have a bit worse results

iwicked likes this.
    08-13-2015 02:00 AM
    It's really sporadic for me

https://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/08...2920057e94.jpg

This is from today which I took off the charger around 10AM and at 11% around 2AM

Another time I would have a bit worse results

Similar experience here. Battery life appears to have improved by leaps and bounds. Particularly impressed with the new low power mode. It really constricts battery drain. I don't think I got such good battery life even when the phone was new!

08-13-2015 02:32 PM
    Very Safe so far, no maj issues.
    iwicked likes this.
    08-16-2015 04:01 PM
    Mine has been running fine. From my experience I can say it's safe to install iOS 9 public beta even on the primary device.

One question, it seems that my app updates have gotten slower. As in, it seemingly takes longer to download app updates. Anybody else noticed anything like this?

Last edited by iwicked; 08-17-2015 at 02:15 PM.
    08-17-2015 01:39 PM
    Yes it's running fine on my 5s
    08-17-2015 02:43 PM
    One question, it seems that my app updates have gotten slower. As in, it seemingly takes longer to download app updates. Anybody else noticed anything like this?

Same here. Good to know it's not just me.
    Closingracer and iwicked like this.
    08-17-2015 02:45 PM
    Mine has been running fine. From my experience I can say it's safe to install iOS 9 public beta even on the primary device.

I have as well but a restart of my device seems to help a bit

iwicked likes this.
    08-17-2015 02:52 PM
61 123