Status
Not open for further replies.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
You have in iPhone 6 Plus, mine is a 5s

And I updated OTA, which can be an explanation

You have a point...;)...I, too, updated to beta 4 OTA, and although I would normally do a clean install a few days later, I don't think I had the time to do it with the current beta due to me putting in a lot of hours at work. Anyway, hopefully the next beta will be another great improvement on an already improved operating system...

baz1536

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
I disagree. Beta 4, at least on my iPhone 6 Plus, has been the most stable. Beta 3 was great, but this one is even greater in my experience, and I've been using iOS 9 as my daily driver on my 'primary' device since beta 2.

I agree it is the most stable but don't confuse that with something that is releasable to the general public. If Apple are sticking to a two week beta release they still have a long way to go to clean this up. Luckily they still have just under 6 weeks. Hopefully that is enough time to make it ready for the general public.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I agree it is the most stable but don't confuse that with something that is releasable to the general public. If Apple are sticking to a two week beta release they still have a long way to go to clean this up. Luckily they still have just under 6 weeks. Hopefully that is enough time to make it ready for the general public.

I am not confusing anything. I disagreed that beta 4 was 'nowhere close to being ready' to be released. It is 'close to being ready', in my opinion. Anyway, you're right about Apple having weeks to get it up cleaned up for public consumption...:)

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I don't think beta 4 is anywhere near being ready to be released. I won't be surprised if there was a 6th or even 7th.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

Not enough time for a 7th beta. Usually no betas for the month prior to it going official.

baz1536

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
Not enough time for a 7th beta. Usually no betas for the month prior to it going official.

Maybe different with public betas. Apple like to keep people guessing. Who knew that we would get another beta of El Capitan last week!!

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Maybe different with public betas. Apple like to keep people guessing. Who knew that we would get another beta of El Capitan last week!!

It's because they had to. It couldn't wait another week.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Why? Mine appeared to be 'ok'

All I know was a major bug that has to be addressed. I don't know what it was and I'm sure many probably never new it existed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

vsnlweb

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
I disagree. Beta 4, at least on my iPhone 6 Plus, has been the most stable. Beta 3 was great, but this one is even greater in my experience, and I've been using iOS 9 as my daily driver on my 'primary' device since beta 2.

Not saying no to that... I think it's pretty dam stable. But, don't you think there's some more polishing to do? Or is it that when they release the GM they turn on everything?

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Not saying no to that... I think it's pretty dam stable. But, don't you think there's some more polishing to do? Or is it that when they release the GM they turn on everything?

They are always fixing the OS in each update. The point of the betas is to fix the major kinks and bugs. They always wait until the end to fix all the minor ones and send out the mostly bug free OS officially.

bszucs

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
Curious if anyone else is having an issue placing calls on Beta 4? It's random...I will go to redial a call from the log and I can not get the call to go through...get the "Your call cannot be completed as dialed" recording.

A hard reset fixes the problem. Otherwise pretty solid. I'm using a 6 plus.

vsnlweb

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
Noticed something this morning. When I open maps on my MacBook and on my iPhone I don't see any traffic data. Has anyone noticed this? Could this be a server problem...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice