I'm a public beta subscriber and my iPad Air is running developer beta 4. 9.0(13A4305g)
    Does anyone know if Apple is releasing same beta to all?
    07-24-2015 04:47 PM
    I'm a public beta subscriber and my iPad Air is running developer beta 4. 9.0(13A4305g)
    Does anyone know if Apple is releasing same beta to all?
    Cmon man. You've stated on several occasions that you received an update for the dev beta. We get it. Having said that, the beta 4 version has the EXACT SAME build number as public beta 2. Are the betas exactly the same? Maybe. Maybe not. Only Apple knows for certain.
    Last edited by Just_Me_D; 07-24-2015 at 06:59 PM.
    Bro-row likes this.
    07-24-2015 05:28 PM
    Okay so im noticing a few weird problems with the app on facebook in this beta it looks like this any 1else? Attachment 85705
    Mine looks like this too I couldn't figure out what I did wrong. Guess I'm not the only one
    07-24-2015 10:24 PM
    To Just_Me_D: thanks for the reply. Sorry man... no harm intended with the previous posts. I was having forum app issues and thought my post was not posting and ended up posting in several places. I was already contacted by someone else of the forum. If I knew how to remove all those post to keep people from getting mad about it I would have.
    07-25-2015 06:48 AM
    To Just_Me_D: thanks for the reply. Sorry man... no harm intended with the previous posts. I was having forum app issues and thought my post was not posting and ended up posting in several places. I was already contacted by someone else of the forum. If I knew how to remove all those post to keep people from getting mad about it I would have.
    It's all good, and those posts have already been removed...
    07-25-2015 08:59 AM
    Hello you guys, I updated my iPhone 5c to ios 9 beta 4. But I've got a problem that I can't change the tone in Sounds Setting. When I touch to select the tone, it's out to the home. Plz give me some advice or explain
    07-26-2015 03:46 AM
    Hello you guys, I updated my iPhone 5c to ios 9 beta 4. But I've got a problem that I can't change the tone in Sounds Setting. When I touch to select the tone, it's out to the home. Plz give me some advice or explain
    It's a known issue in beta 4. The only way to fix it is to go back 8.4 or wait until beta 5 is released and hope they have it fixed then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    07-26-2015 05:27 AM
    So far it has been a great beta, I am enjoying the battery life and haven't found any huge bugs. Looks like they fixed the issue with predictive Siri hogging up the search window.
    07-26-2015 12:11 PM
    My biggest complain with iOS 9 is its still very laggy. 8.4 is so much smoother. With this being beta 4 now, I would have expected better by now. We'll see what next and possible last beta brings.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    07-26-2015 12:37 PM
    My biggest complain with iOS 9 is its still very laggy. 8.4 is so much smoother. With this being beta 4 now, I would have expected better by now. We'll see what next and possible last beta brings.

I would half expect beta 5 to be laggier. Just because they are getting higher beta numbers doesn't mean the lag disappears generally bugs disappear and others appear. iOS 7 was terrible until GM.

07-26-2015 12:40 PM
    I would half expect beta 5 to be laggier. Just because they are getting higher beta numbers doesn't mean the lag disappears generally bugs disappear and others appear. iOS 7 was terrible until GM.

iOS 7 was also a overhaul. iOS 9 is suppose to be more about performance and stability. It's not a very huge update.

07-26-2015 12:45 PM
    iOS 7 was also a overhaul. iOS 9 is suppose to be more about performance and stability. It's not a very huge update.

You could say the same for iOS 3-6. Betas always have bugs till the end. Especially where stability is involved.

07-26-2015 12:50 PM

They don't get too concerned with the lag thing til the end. There's too much else to fix and prepare for now. It goes with the beta territory. It's either tough it out or go back to 8.4.
    07-26-2015 03:17 PM
    They don't get too concerned with the lag thing til the end. There's too much else to fix and prepare for now. It goes with the beta territory. It's either tough it out or go back to 8.4.
    I think lag has already decreased dramatically. The lag for the tabs window for the different apps (can't think of the name for the thing lol) has decreased SIGNIFICANTLY since the last beta. At least for the public releases

Posted via the iMore App for Android
    07-26-2015 04:46 PM
    I've found this beta a little bit laggy. Not to bad a matter a fact. I've found a bug in the landscape feature on the home screen, oh, wait..... That issue has been here since iOS 8 lol. Other than that a few freezes and that's just about it!

Sent from my iPhone 6 plus using Tapatalk
    07-26-2015 06:36 PM
    I just found an issue I'm having on my iPad Air where my contacts are showing multiples of same contact in the list of contacts . Not sure if it's the dev beta 4 or something to do with contact syncing.
    07-26-2015 08:52 PM
    No OTA yet... it's on the developer portal.

Go get it...
    07-27-2015 09:37 AM
    I have a few issues so far. Battery life is stable and the build is pretty awesome!

1.) This is probably only relevant to me/a few. But I play 'Summoners War' in my spare time, and it crashes on this build. If I want to play the game, I need to delete and reinstall. Then, I can play it once, but once I close it, if I open again it will crash. *This could also be a problem with summoners war, I hear it has issues even on iOS8, but is probably worse for me using the iOS9 beta.

2.) Photos/Camera. Not a big deal, just a small glitch. But it seems when I take a photo in landscape mode, it saves it in portrait mode (upside down) when I try and look at my photos straight from the camera app. When I go into the photos app though, the picture is the right orientation. Again, a small glitch, doesn't really affect anything.

3.) Also something small. but Siri Suggestions seems to overflow into the 3rd row, but barely. A picture is worth a thousand words here:
    07-27-2015 04:27 PM
    I have a few issues so far. Battery life is stable and the build is pretty awesome!

1.) This is probably only relevant to me/a few. But I play 'Summoners War' in my spare time, and it crashes on this build. If I want to play the game, I need to delete and reinstall. Then, I can play it once, but once I close it, if I open again it will crash. *This could also be a problem with summoners war, I hear it has issues even on iOS8, but is probably worse for me using the iOS9 beta.

2.) Photos/Camera. Not a big deal, just a small glitch. But it seems when I take a photo in landscape mode, it saves it in portrait mode (upside down) when I try and look at my photos straight from the camera app. When I go into the photos app though, the picture is the right orientation. Again, a small glitch, doesn't really affect anything.

3.) Also something small. but Siri Suggestions seems to overflow into the 3rd row, but barely. A picture is worth a thousand words here:
    http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e1...7218efe63a.png
    Same here
    07-27-2015 06:29 PM
    Running Dev Beta 4 on my iPad Mini 2, if I'm in landscape and launch the stock calendar the app crashes immediately every time. No issues in portrait.

Anyone else have the same?
    07-27-2015 06:35 PM
    Seems like there's no reason to jump into this update just yet? Or what does everyone think
    07-28-2015 11:42 AM
    Seems like there's no reason to jump into this update just yet? Or what does everyone think
    It's a beta. There's no need to jump in yet. This one appears to be pretty solid. The next on? Don't know yet. The whole beta thing can be tricky to navigate. I am still not running in my daily driver - but I do have it on an older device (iPhone 5S).
    07-28-2015 02:32 PM
    I'm stumped with this issue. With previous iOS versions I could use spotlight search to find an app that is lost on my cluttered home screen. I could, for example, search "DirecTV" and it would launch the app (and even show me what folder I hid it in). In Settings>Spotlight Search I no longer see a toggle for "Applications" so if I search "DirecTV" I get a ton of suggestions, but not the app itself (unless I choose App Store and launch from there). Any suggestions? I think I may have disabled the search option for applications in 9beta1 to save battery life, but not 100% sure and don't know if that could be the cause.
    07-28-2015 03:05 PM
    Anyone else have an issue restoring or updating? If I do a fresh install it works no problem but if i click update in iTunes and select the ipsw or if I do a clean install and restore from my 8.4 backup it goes into a boot loop, never starts up and when I plug it in it vibrates twice every few seconds
    07-28-2015 03:44 PM
    I'm stumped with this issue. With previous iOS versions I could use spotlight search to find an app that is lost on my cluttered home screen. I could, for example, search "DirecTV" and it would launch the app (and even show me what folder I hid it in). In Settings>Spotlight Search I no longer see a toggle for "Applications" so if I search "DirecTV" I get a ton of suggestions, but not the app itself (unless I choose App Store and launch from there). Any suggestions? I think I may have disabled the search option for applications in 9beta1 to save battery life, but not 100% sure and don't know if that could be the cause.
    Searching for apps on my device via Spotlight works great.
    Deanig_12 and Digital-Tony like this.
    07-28-2015 04:37 PM
256 ... 678910 ...