Heck, my battery life is great...
    You have in iPhone 6 Plus, mine is a 5s

And I updated OTA, which can be an explanation
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    08-03-2015 09:05 AM
    You have in iPhone 6 Plus, mine is a 5s

And I updated OTA, which can be an explanation
    You have a point......I, too, updated to beta 4 OTA, and although I would normally do a clean install a few days later, I don't think I had the time to do it with the current beta due to me putting in a lot of hours at work. Anyway, hopefully the next beta will be another great improvement on an already improved operating system...
    Tartarus likes this.
    08-03-2015 09:17 AM
    I disagree. Beta 4, at least on my iPhone 6 Plus, has been the most stable. Beta 3 was great, but this one is even greater in my experience, and I've been using iOS 9 as my daily driver on my 'primary' device since beta 2.
    I agree it is the most stable but don't confuse that with something that is releasable to the general public. If Apple are sticking to a two week beta release they still have a long way to go to clean this up. Luckily they still have just under 6 weeks. Hopefully that is enough time to make it ready for the general public.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    08-03-2015 12:25 PM
    I agree it is the most stable but don't confuse that with something that is releasable to the general public. If Apple are sticking to a two week beta release they still have a long way to go to clean this up. Luckily they still have just under 6 weeks. Hopefully that is enough time to make it ready for the general public.

I am not confusing anything. I disagreed that beta 4 was 'nowhere close to being ready' to be released. It is 'close to being ready', in my opinion. Anyway, you're right about Apple having weeks to get it up cleaned up for public consumption...
    Digital-Tony likes this.
    08-03-2015 12:30 PM
    I don't think beta 4 is anywhere near being ready to be released. I won't be surprised if there was a 6th or even 7th.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk
    Not enough time for a 7th beta. Usually no betas for the month prior to it going official.

08-03-2015 01:13 PM
    Not enough time for a 7th beta. Usually no betas for the month prior to it going official.

Maybe different with public betas. Apple like to keep people guessing. Who knew that we would get another beta of El Capitan last week!!

08-03-2015 01:14 PM
    Maybe different with public betas. Apple like to keep people guessing. Who knew that we would get another beta of El Capitan last week!!

It's because they had to. It couldn't wait another week.

08-03-2015 01:15 PM
    It's because they had to. It couldn't wait another week.

Why? Mine appeared to be 'ok'

08-03-2015 01:24 PM
    Why? Mine appeared to be 'ok'

All I know was a major bug that has to be addressed. I don't know what it was and I'm sure many probably never new it existed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    08-03-2015 02:49 PM
    I disagree. Beta 4, at least on my iPhone 6 Plus, has been the most stable. Beta 3 was great, but this one is even greater in my experience, and I've been using iOS 9 as my daily driver on my 'primary' device since beta 2.
    Not saying no to that... I think it's pretty dam stable. But, don't you think there's some more polishing to do? Or is it that when they release the GM they turn on everything?

08-03-2015 05:35 PM
    Not saying no to that... I think it's pretty dam stable. But, don't you think there's some more polishing to do? Or is it that when they release the GM they turn on everything?

They are always fixing the OS in each update. The point of the betas is to fix the major kinks and bugs. They always wait until the end to fix all the minor ones and send out the mostly bug free OS officially.

Just_Me_D likes this.
    08-03-2015 08:19 PM
    Tried it again a few days ago. but didn't last long on my device...... Ugh hoping it gets better.
    08-04-2015 08:49 AM
    I wonder if we're gonna get beta 5 today...

08-04-2015 09:17 AM
    Question for you all - is the recent apps menu still dropping frames left and right in the 4th beta? (Thanks.)
    08-04-2015 09:41 AM
    I wonder if we're gonna get beta 5 today...

Me too
    08-04-2015 09:42 AM
    Question for you all - is the recent apps menu still dropping frames left and right in the 4th beta? (Thanks.)
    It does it for me sometimes... But that's expected since this is a beta.

alias3800 likes this.
    08-04-2015 09:43 AM
    Curious if anyone else is having an issue placing calls on Beta 4? It's random...I will go to redial a call from the log and I can not get the call to go through...get the "Your call cannot be completed as dialed" recording.

A hard reset fixes the problem. Otherwise pretty solid. I'm using a 6 plus.
    08-04-2015 10:21 AM
    Noticed something this morning. When I open maps on my MacBook and on my iPhone I don't see any traffic data. Has anyone noticed this? Could this be a server problem...

08-04-2015 10:38 AM
    Curious if anyone else is having an issue placing calls on Beta 4? It's random...I will go to redial a call from the log and I can not get the call to go through...get the "Your call cannot be completed as dialed" recording.

that's a carrier problem...
    08-04-2015 10:50 AM

Nope. I've yet to run into that problem.
    08-04-2015 10:51 AM
    Noticed something this morning. When I open maps on my MacBook and on my iPhone I don't see any traffic data. Has anyone noticed this? Could this be a server problem...

It's possible, but I can't say with any certainty.
    08-04-2015 10:54 AM
    Tried it again a few days ago. but didn't last long on my device...... Ugh hoping it gets better.
    I know it's beta but it's still pretty horrible for a beta 4. Hoping beta 5 brings some better performance.

08-04-2015 11:54 AM
    LOL it better... Running out of time.

I know it's beta but it's still pretty horrible for a beta 4. Hoping beta 5 brings some better performance.

08-04-2015 11:55 AM
    I have no complaints about this beta except for battery life in comparison to beta 3. But that's expected and totally normal.

Only issue I have is with shortcuts in keyboard settings. They keep disappearing for unknown reasons. Hope that will change soon.
    08-04-2015 11:56 AM
    I'm hoping for a new beta soon
    08-04-2015 02:17 PM
256 ... 891011