iOS 9 Public Beta - Cellular Data

kazn3r

Aug 19, 2012
Visit site
It's completely sporadic, so I am going to stick with 9 for now. I just hope iMessages do come in, and are not disregarded!

rlacrossjr

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
It's completely sporadic, so I am going to stick with 9 for now. I just hope iMessages do come in, and are not disregarded!

I did that for little bit. What helps is just turn LTE off so I got my mail and iMessages. Then turned LTE when speed needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rlacrossjr

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
I'm on Verizon and having the same problem on iOS 8.4.

I downgraded on Thursday to 8.4 with no issues, but I did have my SIM replaced. Possibility that the upgrade fried the SIM. Try reset network first.

rlacrossjr

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
I've already reset network settings. No good.

Go to a verizon store and have your SIM replaced. Free, don't go to authorize dealer they don't carry Apple version just android. I made that mistake trying to save drive time.

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Go to a verizon store and have your SIM replaced. Free, don't go to authorize dealer they don't carry Apple version just android. I made that mistake trying to save drive time.

I think I'll run over there before they close. Thanks

kazn3r

Aug 19, 2012
Visit site
There are reports of cell data turning off with this beta and the developer version as well.

So it is the BETA and nothing to do with the Verizon phones? We all see it's with Verizon, but it is with the public beta software, not the actual phone, or verizon parts of the phone?

Anywho, I haven't run into the issue again today since this morning, when I was on WIFI and then left the vicinity...So I'm going to keep testing.

Glad to hear it's happening on 8.4 as well, which means hopefully they'll (Apple) will cure the issue sooner rather than it just being cured in 9 in time for Sept.

I'll continue to note whether it's without wifi ever going on and off, or if it also happens after a phone call......

Will keep reporting here...and resending the message in Feedback (if I can!)

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Ok so before I could get to the Verizon store my 5s is now performing much better. I started with a clean install of 8.4 this morning that didn't help. Then this afternoon I did another restore. Now, the cellular connection is working fine, as well as iMessages and Siri.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I've had no issues on dev beta on Att service. I've known many with this bug. All were on Verizon. Hopefully this is resolved for you Verizon users on the next beta.

Sent from my iPad Air 2 using Tapatalk

rlacrossjr

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
Can confirm that with my iPhone 6+ I did fresh installed on iOS versions 13A4293g and 13A4293f both have network bug

I read somewhere that the developers version, one ending in f. Works if you just put LTE on data only. I must have deleted of PC and can't find a copy of it anymore. Can anyone confirm that ?

chanan

Jul 21, 2015
Visit site
I have the same problem (on Verizon as well). I did find a quick fix without rebooting though.

1. Go to Settings
2. Click on Cellular
3. Turn off Cellular Data
4. Turn it back on again right away

Done - your data will now work (apps, web, and iMessage)

rlacrossjr

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
I have the same problem (on Verizon as well). I did find a quick fix without rebooting though.

1. Go to Settings
2. Click on Cellular
3. Turn off Cellular Data
4. Turn it back on again right away

Done - your data will now work (apps, web, and iMessage)

Yup been doing that and just turning LTE off and running on 3G and turning on when needed. But when I test the speed, when it works LTE is running just little faster then 3G. Makes FaceTime unusable. I restored back to 8.4.1.

rlacrossjr

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
So far the beta 4 Verizon LTE is working fine. Just remove the public beta profile and hard reboot and it will show up. No need for the profile anymore.

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
This issue automatically resolved itself for me. I have an iPhone 6 on Verizon. Toggling airplane mode was a temporary fix to my LTE issues. I tried not using LTE, but the only other connection available was 1x or 1xx (idk).