Proactive Siri + Smart Search

ferreirarq

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
Is any of the proactive siri features working for you guys? I tried sending myself a Calendar event from another email account to see if it detected the event and pre added it to calendar but nothing happened.

I just managed to get Music App suggestion when plugging my headphones or pairing with my car.

peterb77

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
Proactive Siri has been my really only disappointment with iOS 9. Maybe I need to wait a little bit longer but they only thing that has happened is my overcast app appears on the lower left of my lock screen when I get in my car. Hardly beneficial. I always text my wife when I leave work but even that has not appeared as an action nor any traffic issues with my work route of which their have been many.
I use the google app and the predictive features they have are miles a head and really the last thread keeping me on Google. I had high hopes that Apple cracked both the personal assistant and privacy nut but maybe that isn't possible. I would be willing to opt in to all my data on my device as long as I knew that data remained in my device versus a server a la Google.
Maybe we all need to be patient but the one feature that had me really excited about iOS 9 has been a bust. YMMV

razza1987

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
Why are people expecting all of the features to be available immediately on a beta? Just because what they showed on the stage at the conference isn't yet on the beta doesn't mean it won't be when it is officially released

Posted via the iMore App for Android

peterb77

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
Maybe your right but when you have a link directly from the beta webpage outlining the new features you have to make the assumption that the feature is baked in. If not how do I provide feedback. I don't know if the reason why proactive Siri isn't working is because it's faulty or that it's not available.

razza1987

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
For things like that I report it as a fault just in case it is supposed to be there but isn't so apple is aware of it

Posted via the iMore App for Android

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods