iOS 9 public beta ?

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
We can't talk about it even on here ?

Is the public beta software confidential?
Yes, the public beta software is Apple confidential information. Don?t install the public beta software on any systems you don't directly control or that you share with others. Don?t blog, post screen shots, tweet, or publicly post information about the public beta software, and don't discuss the public beta software with or demonstrate it to others who are not in the Apple Beta Software Program. If Apple has publicly disclosed technical information about the public beta software, it is no longer considered confidential.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Source: On iOS 9, El Capitan, bugs, and app compatibility (or, please don't be a jerk) | iMore

With beta software comes beta responsibility

iOS 9 for iPhone and iPad, and OS X El Capitan have just gone into public beta. And that means it's time once again to gently remind everyone—including ourselves!—that Wheaton's Law is in full effect. So, what does that means?
[h=2]Betas are no advanced access programs[/h]The iOS and OS X public betas, like the developer betas, aren't sneaky ways to get the finished, release quality software dropped into your iPhone, iPad, or Mac a few months early.
They're just what they say up front—beta. There will be bugs. There will be compatibility issues. There will be frustrations galore.
[h=2]Not for daily drivers[/h]Choosing to install beta software is just that—a choice. It's a declaration that we're okay leaving the safe, sure path of release software and are willing to take the rougher, less stable path that comes with testing unfinished software.
If anything goes wrong, it's on us. That's why Apple advises against installing the beta on your primary iPhone or iPad, and why you really should listen to that advice, especially if your devices are critical to your daily life, education, or business.
[h=2]Bugspectations[/h]Third, betas have bugs. That's what betas are for—testing to find and hopefully fix all the bugs. iMore doesn't report on beta bugs because they're not public facing. For the vast majority of mainstream customers still running the release version of iOS, they simply don't exist.
If you find a bug, absolutely please report it, and as soon and as often as possible.
[h=2]Review restraint[/h]Some apps might not work properly sometimes. Though iOS 9 and OS X El Capitan appear to be largely compatible with previous versions, you never know when edge cases will present themselves. That means, from time to time, apps might crash, freeze, or otherwise behave strangely.
Sometimes developers can fix that by updating the existing app. If they need to update for iOS 9 or OS X El Capitan specifically, however, there's nothing they can do right now. And it'll stay that way
[h=2]Be patient, be kind, be cool[/h]All this to say, if you install iOS 9 or OS X El Capitan—or any beta software—it's on you. Don't complain that Apple ruined your iPhone or iPad, don't expect a bug-free experience, and whatever you do, please do not leave bad reviews for apps that don't work properly with the beta software you chose to install.
You put on your big beta pants. You proclaimed yourself a higher order geek. Accept everything that came with it...
...at least until the release versions ship this fall. Then it's open season.

~Rene Ritchie

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Can you talk about it here though like aspects you like or etc ?

Technically speaking, the answer, at least in my opinion, is 'no'. Having said that, Apple should be aware that the unfinished software that they release to the public will not work perfectly on everyone's device and thus, those people will seek out assistance from friends, associates, and forums like iMore to find answers to their problems as well as discuss their experiences with the beta on their devices. Unless those conversations causes Apple to lose millions of dollars, I doubt they'd waste their time sending out any cease and desist orders to forums like this. At least that's my personal take on it.

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Technically speaking, the answer, at least in my opinion, is 'no'. Having said that, Apple should be aware that the unfinished software that they release to the public will not work perfectly on everyone's device and thus, those people will seek out assistance from friends, associates, and forums like iMore to find answers to their problems as well as discuss their experiences with the beta on their devices. Unless those conversations causes Apple to lose millions of dollars, I doubt they'd waste their time sending out any cease and desist orders to forums like this. At least that's my personal take on it.

Thanks . I just didn't want any of that lol. I did install it on my iPad and iPhone which are my only devices and besides the obvious bugs I love it.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner