MAJOR Music/Music Issue (Beta 2 & 3)

SaMaster14

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys,

Not sure if this is affecting anyone else, but it is a major issue for me. I think it has more to do with Music than with the iOS9 Beta considering I had beta 2 installed and everything was working fine until Music came online on June 30th. Since then, whenever I connect my phone to my car's bluetooth, songs just start deleting and I need to go into iTunes on my phone, go to Purchased -> Music -> Recent Purchases and hit Download All. The songs then download and stay on my phone until I start trying to play them through bluetooth again...

It seems to be fine when I play my playlists on the iPhone itself, or with headphones. But as soon as I connect to bluetooth stuff starts going wrong. I can try and take a video if that would help? On beta 2 (when our devices technically didn't have the new Music app (Music?), whenever I started playing my playlists stuff would delete. Now it seems as if it is restricted to when I start playing through bluetooth).

Should I try reseting my bluetooth settings? Should I try a clean restore (upload the beta 3 software on my Mac using the manual restore and then restore to my backup?). Not sure if it could be the car, but it's a 2013 Mercedes SL550... so it's not the newest bluetooth software, and Mercedes in general is never usually up to the tech times when it comes to bluetooth and connectivity at least...

Thanks guys!

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
You should report your experience to Apple... either through the Developer bug/issue reporting process or the Public Beta's Feedback app.

SaMaster14

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
You should report your experience to Apple... either through the Developer bug/issue reporting process or the Public Beta's Feedback app.

Thanks. I don't have the public beta so for some reason I never got the feedback app (I download normally as a developer... Not sure why I didn't get the feedback app like when I was testing iOS8).

I will go through the proper channels through the Dev center for reporting issues.
Thanks.

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
I have noticed that apple music behaves funny on my Nissan bluetooth as well. I have not had the opportunity to see if it does the same with my wife's phone which is on 8.4

SaMaster14

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
Sent in a bug report in the Dev Center.

Will try later today with our 2015 BMW to see if the issue could be the old-ish Mercedes Bluetooth system that is throwing things off. But I have a feeling I'm going to have similar issues.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2