iOS 9 Beta 3 Now Available

Status
Not open for further replies.

vsnlweb

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
Possibly a server overload? So many people are now on Beta 3 and using it to try and load news. Idk if apps work that way, but it's a possibility.

Interesting theory... You're probably right... I would think that it would just hang and not load anything. I kinda wish Apple would do something better than jus having an app crash. I guess for betas polish isn't really that important.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

vsnlweb

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
Possibly a server overload? So many people are now on Beta 3 and using it to try and load news. Idk if apps work that way, but it's a possibility.

Actually I tried just after posting... And I think you may be right for sure!
2363a58fff48f57c71d2824690fabfba.jpg

It works!!! Lmao

vsnlweb

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
50334f3bd64379c3f58fbdf8e68733a9.jpg

I guess last night when the news app was crashing, Apple did some back end work. Before there wasn't any option under explore to select different categories but today I noticed that they just showed up!

Anyone else notice this?

sau124

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site
This on a primary device?

I have always used all iOS 7, 8 and now 9 betas on primary devices.

As long as you know the restrictions and the risks you should be alright!

iOS 9 beta 3 is rock solid - I think this is ready for prime time (public beta)

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
Can you post a few of them?

Well the first thing is that it is a beta and I don't expect public release quality. I don't like the weather app. It cuts off the edges of the font. Animations are choppy and there is a delay in response time when I press on an app to launch. When I use spotlight to search and launch an app, it keeps the results in search instead of a clean slate when I use it again. Apple Music doesn't work right and says I am offline when I try to look at For You. Like I said, this is a beta and I do expect issues and bugs (like the inability to use the volume button to take pics).

Also, since I have good 8.4 backups, I don't want to start getting into using 9 for extended amount of time and then an issue crops up and I have to go to an older backup and lose some settings or texts or call history that may have changed. For instance, right now I am restoring to 8.4. My backup was at 11 last night and being this early in the morning, I am not losing much stuff...if any. Had I been using beta 1 and then something in beta 3 broke a necessary function, I would have to restore from the last release of 8.x and would lose about a month of changes.

I can usually find out in one hour if a beta will work for me.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Well the first thing is that it is a beta and I don't expect public release quality. I don't like the weather app. It cuts off the edges of the font. Animations are choppy and there is a delay in response time when I press on an app to launch. When I use spotlight to search and launch an app, it keeps the results in search instead of a clean slate when I use it again. Apple Music doesn't work right and says I am offline when I try to look at For You. Like I said, this is a beta and I do expect issues and bugs (like the inability to use the volume button to take pics).

Also, since I have good 8.4 backups, I don't want to start getting into using 9 for extended amount of time and then an issue crops up and I have to go to an older backup and lose some settings or texts or call history that may have changed. For instance, right now I am restoring to 8.4. My backup was at 11 last night and being this early in the morning, I am not losing much stuff...if any. Had I been using beta 1 and then something in beta 3 broke a necessary function, I would have to restore from the last release of 8.x and would lose about a month of changes.

I can usually find out in one hour if a beta will work for me.

Understood, and thank you...:)

JakubRWrobel

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
Tried to update an app this morning and it would not update on Beta 3. Not sure if this is an isolated incident or no apps will update, so if anyone can confirm or not that would be good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen