iOS 9 Beta 3 Now Available

Status
Not open for further replies.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I posted this earlier in the Public Beta thread, but wanted to add it here, too.

I just noticed tonight that the search screen summoned by swiping down on the home screen also includes "Siri app suggestions", similar to those found on the Search screen (swiping left to right on home screen). None of the other stuff (contacts, nearby, news info) are there, however. This addition is new to beta 3.

For me, the annoying part is not that swipe left to right Search is there, but that there are 2 different search screens accessed by similar but different methods. It can be confusing and looks "amateurish" IMO.

filmalive

Jul 10, 2015
Visit site
Can anyone aid me with a small issue

I registered for the public beta back back when it was first announced in June (after WWDC) and last night received the e-mail advising me it is available to download.

I sign in on the website on my Laptop and it advises I need to install a profile and to do this from my iOS device, so I go to the same page on my iPhone 6 however it asks me to sign in and then returns to the same page in a loop.

Credentials are correct.

vsnlweb

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
Try just copying the link and paste it into your mobile browser... Or add the credentials in the keychain so that it does everything automatically...

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

filmalive

Jul 10, 2015
Visit site
Try just copying the link and paste it into your mobile browser... Or add the credentials in the keychain so that it does everything automatically...

Tried this, makes no difference, still returns me to the same log-in page

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I just noticed this update deletes 'related names' in your contacts. I tried calling my brother and had him added as brother in my contact info. When I tried 'Call my brother, Siri asked who my brother was. Same goes with all the other related names, all deleted..

Can someone confirm this on their device?

(When I'm behind my desktop, I'll login onto iCloud to check if it's deleted there as well)

vsnlweb

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
c1ffa2300955d95156b037a6abb9df4f.jpg

Got that today... Pretty impressive. Wished that you could see traffic while directions are active.

vsnlweb

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
I just noticed this update deletes 'related names' in your contacts. I tried calling my brother and had him added as brother in my contact info. When I tried 'Call my brother, Siri asked who my brother was. Same goes with all the other related names, all deleted..

Can someone confirm this on their device?

(When I'm behind my desktop, I'll login onto iCloud to check if it's deleted there as well)

Didn't delete it for me.... I tried it and it worked.. Although you don't see it in contacts.

sectionsix

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
Hmmm "call" links in Google's search results aren't dialing for me. Lookup a business, press the call link, nothing happens. Submitted feedback.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone have the Feedback app for this beta? I know the Feedback app is included in the public beta, but do not see it in the dev beta. Of course, I am reporting issues via the BugReporter function within the dev portal, but having the Feedback app on my device would be more convenient.

Is it just me or is the Feedback app missing from the dev beta?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711