iOS 9 Beta 3 Now Available

Status
Not open for further replies.

JakubRWrobel

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
Tried to update an app this morning and it would not update on Beta 3. Not sure if this is an isolated incident or no apps will update, so if anyone can confirm or not that would be good.

I updated 12 apps this morning with no problems.

Thanks for verifying. I'll have to restart my 5S to see if that helps. If others have this issue and a restart doesn't/won't help, a workaround is to delete the app you're trying to update and re-install it. Worked for the app I tried to update this morning.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
If one is having issues updating apps on devices - one can always update the app in iTunes and sync to devices...

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
Obviously you don't know what you're talking about cause if you had been here long enough you would know 'D has been a mod here forever and I know he's been using the betas at least since iOS 7 when I was using them perhaps even longer. So perhaps before you make derisive remarks like that you do some actual research.

The Lannisters send their regards.

I think he has been using betas prior to 7

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
Now that I have had some time with Beta 3 I am even more excited. Looks like Apple is going to have a rock solid beta when they make it public. Running fantastic for me, battery life is even better than what I was experiencing with beta 2 & 8.3 (last OS I had installed before entering beta land)

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Public beta release may be imminent... the beta.apple.com site is a "we'll be back soon" page...

From what I gather from using beta 3 thus far, it is stable enough to release to the public without it causing a good deal of problems for them.

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
From what I gather from using beta 3 thus far, it is stable enough to release to the public without it causing a good deal of problems for them.

I agree, and am very impressed with how far Apple has come in just 5 weeks with these betas. Beta 1 may have been the worst beta 1 ever released and yet here we are on beta 3 with darn near everything working correctly and great battery life as well. Beta 4 will likely raise the bar!

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I agree, and am very impressed with how far Apple has come in just 5 weeks with these betas. Beta 1 may have been the worst beta 1 ever released and yet here we are on beta 3 with darn near everything working correctly and great battery life as well. Beta 4 will likely raise the bar!

I'm still waiting for the beta that breaks everything... But at this rate that might not happen.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Okay, so when I first installed beta 3, it was laggy, choppy, slow, inconsistent, News crashed on launch, Spark closed on launch (uninstall and reinstall fixed). But after an hour or so it started to settle out, settle in, and get comfy. Now into the next day, it's smooth, clean, all my apps are working just fine. Rocky start, but so far I'd say the best beta yet.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I still don't have wifi access. Boohoo!!! And I may not have it for a week until Cox can get around to our new house. I'm stable on beta 2 but I really want to update to beta 3 to check out Apple Music and the News app.

I've installed it on my device and am enjoying it on your behalf...;)

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I still don't have wifi access. Boohoo!!! And I may not have it for a week until Cox can get around to our new house. I'm stable on beta 2 but I really want to update to beta 3 to check out Apple Music and the News app.

Do you have an extra phone or cellular iPad you can tether to to download the beta?

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site

And talk about waiting for 4 has begun! Nice!

rlacrossjr

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
Anyone on iPhone 6 plus Verizon having LTE issues? 3G works but goes to LTE and no network.

Status
Not open for further replies.