I was watching a video today that I have watched before and I realized some of the parts that use to be "normal" volume are now really low or can't hear them at all.

So I did one of those YouTube stereo video test where you test both the left and right speakers on whatever your listening to and it turns out there's no sound coming out of the right speaker of my iPhone. Is anyone else having any issues with no sound coming out for that right speaker?

This is the link I used

Left sounds fine but I can't hear anything for right unless I have my headphones on.
    06-26-2015 02:18 AM
    There's only one speaker at the bottom of the iPhone. What am I missing?
    06-26-2015 09:18 AM
    I was watching a video today that I have watched before and I realized some of the parts that use to be "normal" volume are now really low or can't hear them at all.

So I did one of those YouTube stereo video test where you test both the left and right speakers on whatever your listening to and it turns out there's no sound coming out of the right speaker of my iPhone. Is anyone else having any issues with no sound coming out for that right speaker?

This is the link I used

Left sounds fine but I can't hear anything for right unless I have my headphones on.
    iPhone has NEVER had stereo speakers. There has only been one speaker on an iPhone since the first version. Nothing to see here, folks, let's move along...
    06-26-2015 10:32 AM
    iPhone has NEVER had stereo speakers. There has only been one speaker on an iPhone since the first version. Nothing to see here, folks, let's move along...
    I get what you're saying, but the reason the OP did the speaker test to begin with is because he said the speakers sound differently than they used to. Hence why he did the speaker test to begin with. I'm wondering if there is an issue with something somewhere even though this test is pointless in finding the problem.
    06-27-2015 06:32 PM
    I get what you're saying, but the reason the OP did the speaker test to begin with is because he said the speakers sound differently than they used to. Hence why he did the speaker test to begin with. I'm wondering if there is an issue with something somewhere even though this test is pointless in finding the problem.
    Ok, except the OP stated that "it turns out there's no sound coming out of the right speaker of my iPhone". I am simply pointing out that there is no "right speaker" on any iPhone. There never was.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    06-27-2015 06:43 PM
    Ok, except the OP stated that "it turns out there's no sound coming out of the right speaker of my iPhone". I am simply pointing out that there is no "right speaker" on any iPhone.
    Oh, I know. That's why I mentioned that particular test was pointless in finding the problem. Still doesn't negate there might be a problem. Whether it's a hardware or software issue I'm not sure because I've never heard of it happening. I was really just validating that he may have an actual problem.
    06-27-2015 06:46 PM