June 30th is right around the corner and Apple will release their Apple Music in an iOS update. If you have been keeping up with the news you've probably heard of the open letter Taylor Swift wrote to Apple which caused Eddie Cue to have an "aha" moment and change Apple's stance on the 3 months free trial.

For those on this forum that currently have Spotify or another music streaming service, do you think Apple Music will cause you to cancel your Spotify or other music subscription and go with Apple Music?
    06-24-2015 11:47 AM
    Not cancel, just test it out and if it is better than spotify, then you know...
    Antron likes this.
    06-24-2015 11:59 AM
    I'll test it out for sure. I'm currently happy with Pandora One for $3.99 a month so not sure if the extra $6 will be worth the switch.
    Antron likes this.
    06-24-2015 12:39 PM
    I'll just do what I always do. Milk whatever I can and just be done with it. I'll take the 3 months of Apple Music and just stop after that. I'll take advantage of whenever Spotify does a 90 days for 99 cents deal, which I've taken advantage of twice already. And when I momentarily don't have any music service, I'll just listen to my own library. I don't do the free streaming because I skip a lot and I don't care to listen to ads. None of these services are worth my $10 a month to tell you the truth.
    ladyc0524, Haalcyon and Antron like this.
    06-24-2015 01:56 PM
    I thought Cue had a "Aha, yes Ma'am!" moment. Anyhow, I'm with you on this. Music streaming is just not worth $10 a month to me. I'd rather spend that money buying songs @ $1.29 each. I have room to grow my music library. I only have 85 songs on my phone. And my Wife and I don't do Family Sharing. So no $14.99 deal. Actually, I like my TuneIn Radio Pro. I grew up on radio and still enjoy it.
    Mr.Willie likes this.
    06-24-2015 04:30 PM
    I thought Cue had a "Aha, yes Ma'am!" moment. Anyhow, I'm with you on this. Music streaming is just not worth $10 a month to me. I'd rather spend that money buying songs @ $1.29 each. I have room to grow my music library. I only have 85 songs on my phone. And my Wife and I don't do Family Sharing. So no $14.99 deal. Actually, I like my TuneIn Radio Pro. I grew up on radio and still enjoy it.
    I hear you. Currently though I only pay 4.99 with Spotify with the student discount. If Apple did something like that I might switch but only time will tell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    06-24-2015 04:37 PM
    I thought Cue had a "Aha, yes Ma'am!" moment.
    I think it was more well rehearsed than anything.
    06-24-2015 04:45 PM
    To this point I've seen nothing that would persuade me to leave Spotify. I've invested too much time building my playlists. Since the price point is the same I see little incentive to start from scratch.
    06-24-2015 10:21 PM
    I'll just do what I always do. Milk whatever I can and just be done with it. I'll take the 3 months of Apple Music and just stop after that. I'll take advantage of whenever Spotify does a 90 days for 99 cents deal, which I've taken advantage of twice already. And when I momentarily don't have any music service, I'll just listen to my own library. I don't do the free streaming because I skip a lot and I don't care to listen to ads. None of these services are worth my $10 a month to tell you the truth.
    You redefine the term "freeloader", sir.
    BlaineP and BreakingKayfabe like this.
    06-26-2015 12:24 PM
    You redefine the term "freeloader", sir.
    You can have that opinion. But you're essentially calling the millions of people who will do the same thing with Apple Music the same name.

I just don't value music as much as the next guy. And the type of music I value is intangible and is available to listen to whenever I please without paying anything.
    06-26-2015 02:17 PM
    I'm looking forward to giving Apple Music a try to see what's to like about it, but I'm pretty happy with Spotify. Especially since it is now on PS4. We'll see.
    JDabney likes this.
    06-26-2015 03:40 PM
    I'm looking forward to giving Apple Music a try to see what's to like about it, but I'm pretty happy with Spotify. Especially since it is now on PS4. We'll see.
    No diggity, no doubt. Lol!
    diggity likes this.
    06-26-2015 03:44 PM
    This. What keeps me on spotify is that it's on more of my devices(TiVo, PS4, etc) than Apple music is currently. The fact that I can play just about all my favorite music in the background while playing my PS4 is a feature I don't want to give up anytime soon. Plus I love the social features of spotify. Most of my friends use the service as well, which makes it easier to share songs or find out what they are listening to.
    Last edited by JDabney; 07-03-2015 at 09:24 AM.
    diggity likes this.
    07-03-2015 09:12 AM