Apple Music + Taylor Swift vs Spotify or...

Antron

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
June 30th is right around the corner and Apple will release their Apple Music in an iOS update. If you have been keeping up with the news you've probably heard of the open letter Taylor Swift wrote to Apple which caused Eddie Cue to have an "aha" moment and change Apple's stance on the 3 months free trial.

For those on this forum that currently have Spotify or another music streaming service, do you think Apple Music will cause you to cancel your Spotify or other music subscription and go with Apple Music?

MrMars

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
I'll test it out for sure. I'm currently happy with Pandora One for $3.99 a month so not sure if the extra $6 will be worth the switch.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I'll just do what I always do. Milk whatever I can and just be done with it. I'll take the 3 months of Apple Music and just stop after that. I'll take advantage of whenever Spotify does a 90 days for 99 cents deal, which I've taken advantage of twice already. And when I momentarily don't have any music service, I'll just listen to my own library. I don't do the free streaming because I skip a lot and I don't care to listen to ads. None of these services are worth my $10 a month to tell you the truth.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I thought Cue had a "Aha, yes Ma'am!" moment. Anyhow, I'm with you on this. Music streaming is just not worth $10 a month to me. I'd rather spend that money buying songs @ $1.29 each. I have room to grow my music library. I only have 85 songs on my phone. And my Wife and I don't do Family Sharing. So no $14.99 deal. Actually, I like my TuneIn Radio Pro. I grew up on radio and still enjoy it.

Antron

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
I thought Cue had a "Aha, yes Ma'am!" moment. Anyhow, I'm with you on this. Music streaming is just not worth $10 a month to me. I'd rather spend that money buying songs @ $1.29 each. I have room to grow my music library. I only have 85 songs on my phone. And my Wife and I don't do Family Sharing. So no $14.99 deal. Actually, I like my TuneIn Radio Pro. I grew up on radio and still enjoy it.

I hear you. Currently though I only pay 4.99 with Spotify with the student discount. If Apple did something like that I might switch but only time will tell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
To this point I've seen nothing that would persuade me to leave Spotify. I've invested too much time building my playlists. Since the price point is the same I see little incentive to start from scratch.

jschu22

Oct 19, 2014
Visit site
I'll just do what I always do. Milk whatever I can and just be done with it. I'll take the 3 months of Apple Music and just stop after that. I'll take advantage of whenever Spotify does a 90 days for 99 cents deal, which I've taken advantage of twice already. And when I momentarily don't have any music service, I'll just listen to my own library. I don't do the free streaming because I skip a lot and I don't care to listen to ads. None of these services are worth my $10 a month to tell you the truth.

You redefine the term "freeloader", sir.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
You redefine the term "freeloader", sir.

You can have that opinion. But you're essentially calling the millions of people who will do the same thing with Apple Music the same name.

I just don't value music as much as the next guy. And the type of music I value is intangible and is available to listen to whenever I please without paying anything.

anon(39328)

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
I'm looking forward to giving Apple Music a try to see what's to like about it, but I'm pretty happy with Spotify. Especially since it is now on PS4. We'll see.

JDabney

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
I'm looking forward to giving Apple Music a try to see what's to like about it, but I'm pretty happy with Spotify. Especially since it is now on PS4. We'll see.

This. What keeps me on spotify is that it's on more of my devices(TiVo, PS4, etc) than Apple music is currently. The fact that I can play just about all my favorite music in the background while playing my PS4 is a feature I don't want to give up anytime soon. Plus I love the social features of spotify. Most of my friends use the service as well, which makes it easier to share songs or find out what they are listening to.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73