iOS 9 beta 2 is out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
May be the apps not updated to support iOS 9 just yet, is causing some grief on people, including me, but I am putting up with it. Facebook is another one, group joining request would show up on notification, and I click on it, and gives me an error saying page is not available, however when you go into the group itself, it would be visible and things can be actioned accordingly. Ah what ever, I'm sticking to it, for now. I hope they'll fix it in two weeks time when they release the next one.

It's a given that some apps will not work or will work erratically on a beta OS. Anyone who opts to install a beta should expect that to occur. Still, I'm one of the lucky ones whose iPhone is handling beta 2 just fine. There are hiccups here and there, but they do not diminish my user experience, thankfully. Anyway, like you, I'm sticking with it unless it somehow starts mucking thing up...:)

vsnlweb

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
Couple of new small issues:
Also, does anyone find typing with the new font harder? I don't mind reading the font, but I find myself making noticeably more errors typing. Maybe it is because the character preview is turned off? I will turn it on and see if my typing improves.

I also find it a bit weird with the common case letters, it seems like I type slower. I think having the smaller letters makes the keyboard seem smaller than it really is. I guess it's just something that I would have to get used to

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Was wondering what the something was that made him go back to 8.3

John knows what he's doing and have been around for a long time. I trust his judgement. Besides, in his line of work, his device needs to be running optimally. ...

Digital-Tony

Jun 24, 2015
Visit site
From Device1 (iphone6+/9.0 beta2) When you go to Settings> Messages> Text Message Forwarding, then select/toggle the device (Device2 iphone5s on 8.4) you want to forward the text messages to, Device1 is supposed to send a code to Device2 to enter back on Device1 as confirmation, but that code never appears on Device2.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
FYI: when you select the quote option, please be sure to also reply to the quote. Thanks...:)

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
From Device1 (iphone6+/9.0 beta2) When you go to Settings> Messages> Text Message Forwarding, then select/toggle the device (Device2 iphone5s on 8.4) you want to forward the text messages to, Device1 is supposed to send a code to Device2 to enter back on Device1 as confirmation, but that code never appears on Device2.

I don't have 'text message forwarding' when I go to Settings - Messages. When I forward messages, it's done automatically from within the Messages app when I long press on a message and then choose 'More' and then the forwarding arrow.

Digital-Tony

Jun 24, 2015
Visit site
I don't have 'text message forwarding' when I go to Settings - Messages. When I forward messages, it's done automatically from within the Messages app when I long press on a message and then choose 'More' and then the forwarding arrow.

Correct. That works for me, too.

If you have more than one Apple device on the same "iMessaging" AppleID account, the "text message forwarding" option pops up. It automatically forwards all text messages (SMS) from one device to another. I have 2 phones (personal/work) so this was useful when not carrying both with me.

Thanks for checking, though.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Correct. That works for me, too.

If you have more than one Apple device on the same "iMessaging" AppleID account, the "text message forwarding" option pops up. It automatically forwards all text messages (SMS) from one device to another. I have 2 phones (personal/work) so this was useful when not carrying both with me.

Thanks for checking, though.

Okay. I understand, and thank you for clarifying...:)

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Battery life much improved over beta 1. Funny thing though my phone discharged from 100% to 96% then got stuck there and didn't show any discharge happening. I got 30 hours standby and 9 hours usage.

The Lannisters send they're regards.

reeneebob

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
Battery is SO much better.

192efb56c9879527462202d322d08356.jpg

vsnlweb

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone used Apple Maps on B2? I would like to know if they take into consideration traffic conditions and rerouting. I could have sworn it did, but I am in a London, ON which is pretty small and not much rerouting can take place... lol

SaMaster14

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone used Apple Maps on B2? I would like to know if they take into consideration traffic conditions and rerouting. I could have sworn it did, but I am in a London, ON which is pretty small and not much rerouting can take place... lol

Seems to work. I was using it today (In the US) and a yellow banner popped up on top explaining that there was road work ahead. Not sure if that is what you are referring to though.

vsnlweb

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
Seems to work. I was using it today (In the US) and a yellow banner popped up on top explaining that there was road work ahead. Not sure if that is what you are referring to though.

Hey, that was one aspect, was also wondering if it would reroute if there was traffic.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
How is the battery life on this beta?

Sent from my iPhone 6plus using Tapatalk

Much much improved. Last cycle from Tuesday night through today was 30 hours standby and 9 hours usage. My phone died today at 4pm and I unplugged it at around 8am Wednesday.

The Lannisters send they're regards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR