iOS 9 beta 2 is out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Anyone uses ios 9 beta 2 as a daily driver

Dude, it hasn't even been 24 hours since beta 2 dropped. No one is currently using it as a daily driver....;)....Having said that, if things continue to work well like they have since I installed it, I may use it as my daily driver on my iPhone 6 Plus.

JDabney

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
Anybody experiencing intermittent wifi connectivity? My wifi occasionally cuts off and then back on when using it. It's most evident when updating an app from the App Store or when using speedtest.net app to test wifi speeds. I'm using an iPhone 6. Did OTA from beta 1.

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
Anybody experiencing intermittent wifi connectivity? My wifi occasionally cuts off and then back on when using it. It's most evident when updating an app from the App Store or when using speedtest.net app to test wifi speeds. I'm using an iPhone 6. Did OTA from beta 1.

I did last night. Had trouble downloading the watch beta 2. Tried re-adding WiFi, didn't help. Reset network settings, didn't help. Rebooted all my routers, noticed an error light on cable modem. Fixed. Now I can use wifi no problem even with cellular data off. Could be coincidence or not. Working well now.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Nope. I have a steady Wi-Fi connection. Have you checked your router and/or cable/DSL modem?

JDabney

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
Nope. I have a steady Wi-Fi connection. Have you checked your router and/or cable/DSL modem?

It's not my wifi, modem, or router that's the problem. I rolled back to 8.3 and even beta 1 to try and isolate the issue and it's specifically this beta for me. I even restored as new iPhone and am having those intermittent connectivity issues on beta 2. It's a strange issue for sure.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
It's not my wifi, modem, or router that's the problem. I rolled back to 8.3 and even beta 1 to try and isolate the issue and it's specifically this beta for me. I even restored as new iPhone and am having those intermittent connectivity issues on beta 2. It's a strange issue for sure.

Try downloading a fresh copy of beta 2 just in case the one you have is corrupted somehow.

JDabney

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
Try downloading a fresh copy of beta 2 just in case the one you have is corrupted somehow.

Did that too, lol! It's not a big deal. I have sprint, so I don't have to worry about data. Just wanted to see if I was the only one experiencing that issue.

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
No beta 2 for me until 8.4 final is out. Had to restore 8.3 and then find the public beta profile online, update to the latest 8.4 beta and then restore from backup. Nothing difficult, I'm just lazy. Lol

sau124

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site
Based on the feedback over here I decided to go back and reinstall beta 2 and set the phone as new to check the battery life. Yes, it has improved a lot relative to beta 1.

So, something to try if the battery life is not improved for you all.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
If beta 2 continues to work as well as it has since installing it yesterday evening, I will not downgrade.

anon(631408)

May 27, 2010
Visit site
Beta 2 - battery is almost back to normal. Beta 1 after a 90 minute workout just streaming music - sitting at 65%, Beta 2 after a 90 minute workout sitting at 93%. 8.4 was sitting at 96% consistently.
Another item is Music. When I opened it and went to the Radio area I saw Beats1 and clicked on it - it worked. I only listened for a few minutes because they were just talking but I tried one of the radio stations by genre and had an issue. It would complete a song and then stop so I would have to start the next song and this happened for each song. Also on the lock screen I usually see the album art of the playing music or even the name of the song/artist next to the play/pause options on the lockscreen, these are not showing up only the play/pause/ff/rw options.

But I am still going to stay with beta 2 for now - no showstoppers.

iknrisms

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
Going full day using beta 2. Honestly already impressed with battery life. Beta 1 when I streamed to my Jambox in the morning getting ready for work I might already have about 74-81% before my commute. Today it's pretty much stayed around 92-94% before commute. ( streaming spotify by the way :/)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Beta 2 - battery is almost back to normal. Beta 1 after a 90 minute workout just streaming music - sitting at 65%, Beta 2 after a 90 minute workout sitting at 93%. 8.4 was sitting at 96% consistently.
Another item is Music. When I opened it and went to the Radio area I saw Beats1 and clicked on it - it worked. I only listened for a few minutes because they were just talking but I tried one of the radio stations by genre and had an issue. It would complete a song and then stop so I would have to start the next song and this happened for each song. Also on the lock screen I usually see the album art of the playing music or even the name of the song/artist next to the play/pause options on the lockscreen, these are not showing up only the play/pause/ff/rw options.

Great find. When I installed it yesterday evening and selected the Radio option, nothing happened. Now, however, Beats1 is indeed present and working. I'm listening to a song right now. Thanks for the tip...:)...By the way, the album art is displaying on my lock screen in regard to beats 1.

iknrisms

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site

Beats 1 link working for me as well. playing nine inch nails on "The Mixtape" radio playlist. Digging it for sure. Can't wait for the 30th!

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Beats 1 link working for me as well. playing nine inch nails on "The Mixtape" radio playlist. Digging it for sure. Can't wait for the 30th!

Beats1 shows up for me but doesn't work nor do any of the radio stations, it could be cause I'm in Canada...

Sent from my 5th gen iPod touch (beta testing) using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen