iOS 9 beta 2 is out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Much much improved. Last cycle from Tuesday night through today was 30 hours standby and 9 hours usage. My phone died today at 4pm and I unplugged it at around 8am Wednesday.

The Lannisters send they're regards.

I'll test drive it today.

Sent from my iPhone 6plus using Tapatalk

Paul Pavlou

Jun 10, 2015
Visit site
How is the battery life on this beta?

Battery life much better, noticed the phone goes a little funny with wifi though when downloading from App Store. When texting due to the new sliding cursor feature sometimes when your typing quickly it deletes stuff as it highlights it too easily. But great in general. The app switcher hand off feature is cool too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jpxyz

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
isn't it ironic that apple says we'll get 3 hours of extra juice and they care about battery life this time but the opposite is happening :D

well, I'll skip b2 and wait for b3... maybe they'll manage to keep their promise then... if not, I'll stay with my jailbreak.

reeneebob

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
I'll test drive it today.

On B1 I was having to charge my Plus 3 times a day, not to mention a lot of springboard crashes and several blue screen crashes.

Not even a springboards crash with B2. In fact, it's been SO solid that if I didn't know better, I'd think it was a GM release and not an early beta.

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
On B1 I was having to charge my Plus 3 times a day, not to mention a lot of springboard crashes and several blue screen crashes.

Not even a springboards crash with B2. In fact, it's been SO solid that if I didn't know better, I'd think it was a GM release and not an early beta.

In case people get the wrong idea, it's still buggy. WiFi wonky, many apps don't launch (not yet adjusted for new version - that's what beta is for!).

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
All third party apps won't get released via app store till the GM release. Yes, some app developers will optimize the code before that.

But again - it's "beta"

Devs can release updates to the AppStore to fix issues with their apps caused by the new iOS, as long as they don't use the iOS 9 SDK to do so. That's why some apps get fixed/released for the betas and others do not.

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
All third party apps won't get released via app store till the GM release. Yes, some app developers will optimize the code before that.

But again - it's "beta"

Yeah. I'm not complaining, just warning people against posts I see here that it is all working great. As expected there are things for devs to work out.

SaMaster14

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
iPad battery life is amazing. At 97% after 33 hours standby and about 1-2 hours of minimal use (safari, mail, etc).

Maps are working great on iPhone in this update! Some apps are buggy, but most of the native stuff is extremely stable.

Still having issues with clearing notifications for some apps like Instagram and a few games. Found that I can swipe left and clear the notifications individually without needing to go into the app, but clearing bulk notifications (only for certain apps) still doesn't work.

kingv84

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
Much much improved. Last cycle from Tuesday night through today was 30 hours standby and 9 hours usage. My phone died today at 4pm and I unplugged it at around 8am Wednesday.

The Lannisters send they're regards.

It's " The Lannisters send their regards" Not they're which is short for They Are. "The Lannisters send they are regards? lol

anon(631408)

May 27, 2010
Visit site
A couple of Beta 2 items:
1. The music app does have a radio option and you can search for stations. The issue is it will only play 1 song and then 1 second of the next song and just pause. I had to go in and hit play again.
2. Also on the music app - it would not let me multi-task - if I tried to go to another app it was go silent - I did fix this by reboot the phone. Not sure how or why it started. This was not just the apple music app but also Beats music.

In most cases I have found a reboot gets things back in order again.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
When swiping to the right from you home screen, is anyone getting news information from sources other than CNN and the Huffington Post?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1435354500.933566.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SaMaster14

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
I have a news source from NYTimes! (also CNN and Huff Post).

Also, battery life is quite good on this build, even better than the official 8.3 for me! Sitting at 26% right now with 5:52 of usage and 8:39 of Standby. On 8.3 my phone would be dead by now...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR