Much much improved. Last cycle from Tuesday night through today was 30 hours standby and 9 hours usage. My phone died today at 4pm and I unplugged it at around 8am Wednesday.

The Lannisters send they're regards.
    Which device?
    06-26-2015 04:19 AM
    isn't it ironic that apple says we'll get 3 hours of extra juice and they care about battery life this time but the opposite is happening

well, I'll skip b2 and wait for b3... maybe they'll manage to keep their promise then... if not, I'll stay with my jailbreak.
    Sekelani Zwambila likes this.
    06-26-2015 04:19 AM
    I'll test drive it today.

Sent from my iPhone 6plus using Tapatalk
    On B1 I was having to charge my Plus 3 times a day, not to mention a lot of springboard crashes and several blue screen crashes.

Not even a springboards crash with B2. In fact, it's been SO solid that if I didn't know better, I'd think it was a GM release and not an early beta.
    06-26-2015 08:11 AM
    On B1 I was having to charge my Plus 3 times a day, not to mention a lot of springboard crashes and several blue screen crashes.

Not even a springboards crash with B2. In fact, it's been SO solid that if I didn't know better, I'd think it was a GM release and not an early beta.
    In case people get the wrong idea, it's still buggy. WiFi wonky, many apps don't launch (not yet adjusted for new version - that's what beta is for!).
    06-26-2015 08:16 AM
    many apps don't launch
    All third party apps won't get released via app store till the GM release. Yes, some app developers will optimize the code before that.

But again - it's "beta"
    06-26-2015 10:09 AM
    All third party apps won't get released via app store till the GM release. Yes, some app developers will optimize the code before that.

But again - it's "beta"
    Devs can release updates to the AppStore to fix issues with their apps caused by the new iOS, as long as they don't use the iOS 9 SDK to do so. That's why some apps get fixed/released for the betas and others do not.
    06-26-2015 10:19 AM

But again - it's "beta"
    Yeah. I'm not complaining, just warning people against posts I see here that it is all working great. As expected there are things for devs to work out.
    06-26-2015 10:43 AM
    iPad battery life is amazing. At 97% after 33 hours standby and about 1-2 hours of minimal use (safari, mail, etc).

Maps are working great on iPhone in this update! Some apps are buggy, but most of the native stuff is extremely stable.

Still having issues with clearing notifications for some apps like Instagram and a few games. Found that I can swipe left and clear the notifications individually without needing to go into the app, but clearing bulk notifications (only for certain apps) still doesn't work.
    vsnlweb likes this.
    06-26-2015 11:34 AM
    Much much improved. Last cycle from Tuesday night through today was 30 hours standby and 9 hours usage. My phone died today at 4pm and I unplugged it at around 8am Wednesday.

The Lannisters send they're regards.
    It's " The Lannisters send their regards" Not they're which is short for They Are. "The Lannisters send they are regards? lol
    Tartarus likes this.
    06-26-2015 02:58 PM
    Fixed and thank you grammar police haha. I didn't even notice it.

The Lannisters send their regards.
    06-26-2015 02:59 PM
    A couple of Beta 2 items:
    1. The music app does have a radio option and you can search for stations. The issue is it will only play 1 song and then 1 second of the next song and just pause. I had to go in and hit play again.
    2. Also on the music app - it would not let me multi-task - if I tried to go to another app it was go silent - I did fix this by reboot the phone. Not sure how or why it started. This was not just the apple music app but also Beats music.

In most cases I have found a reboot gets things back in order again.
    06-26-2015 04:37 PM
    When swiping to the right from you home screen, is anyone getting news information from sources other than CNN and the Huffington Post?

iOS 9 beta 2 is out-imageuploadedbytapatalk1435354500.933566.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    06-26-2015 05:35 PM
    When swiping to the right from you home screen, is anyone getting news information from sources other than CNN and the Huffington Post?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1435354500.933566.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	193.7 KB 
ID:	83994

How are you getting the news to work?
    06-26-2015 05:52 PM
    How are you getting the news to work?
    Just go to Settings - General - Search and make sure that 'Safari Suggestions' is enabled.

06-26-2015 06:06 PM

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1435354500.933566.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	193.7 KB 
ID:	83994

Nope just those two sources.

Just_Me_D likes this.
    06-26-2015 06:07 PM
    Nope just those two sources.

Okay. Thanks...

06-26-2015 06:07 PM
    Well Facebook groups fixed itself lol

06-26-2015 08:09 PM
    I have a news source from NYTimes! (also CNN and Huff Post).

Also, battery life is quite good on this build, even better than the official 8.3 for me! Sitting at 26% right now with 5:52 of usage and 8:39 of Standby. On 8.3 my phone would be dead by now...
    06-26-2015 08:59 PM
    Found a few bugs. When searching for a name in Messages, that I know exists in the messages it wont find it, and return incorrect search results... Works with some and not others, not sure why that is happening... Nothing that would make you roll back, just weird. The second one is when tagging people in photos in Facebook, it makes the app crash. Has anyone else come across these?
    06-27-2015 12:46 AM
    iOS9 beta2 / iPhone6+: anybody else noticing that the "news" toggle is not listed under Settings>iCloud? I know I turned it off in b1 to save battery, but now I don't see it at all.
    06-27-2015 11:07 AM
    iOS9 beta2 / iPhone6+: anybody else noticing that the "news" toggle is not listed under Settings>iCloud? I know I turned it off in b1 to save battery, but now I don't see it at all.
    It is there for me. Still no News app, but the toggle setting is present in the iCloud settings for me.
    06-27-2015 11:30 AM

I have seen News from: CNN, Huffington Post, NYTimes, WSJ, and USA Today so far. I'm sure there are others as well.

Have you tried tapping the 'show more' on news?
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    06-27-2015 01:46 PM
    I have seen News from: CNN, Huffington Post, NYTimes, WSJ, and USA Today so far. I'm sure there are others as well.

Have you tried tapping the 'show more' on news?
    Yes, I have, and I've indeed seen a few articles from several sites, however, the bulk is from CNN and the Huffington Post.
    06-27-2015 01:50 PM
    It's a glitch of some sort. It appeared after initially installing beta 2, but I reinstalled it and set up my device as new and now it does not appear. It's not a big deal because it's inactive anyway...
    Digital-Tony likes this.
    06-27-2015 01:54 PM
    It's a glitch of some sort. It appeared after initially installing beta 2, but I reinstalled it and set up my device as new and now it does not appear. It's not a big deal because it's inactive anyway...
    Thanks. That's pretty much what I did, too. First OTA then a restore. Weird, though.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    06-27-2015 04:39 PM
318 ... 89101112 ...