Quick compose Messages

Dwood1970

Jan 7, 2012
Visit site
Is there any sign of a quick compose of new messages in iOS 9. I like that we can respond from inside other apps but it would be great if we could create from the pull down also.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
No, we won't be getting that in iOS 9. It's something I would like to see as well.

Maybe in the near future now that Apple has added extensibility. The idea that you dont really go looking for something on the phone and instead it comes to you.

JDabney

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
Is there any sign of a quick compose of new messages in iOS 9. I like that we can respond from inside other apps but it would be great if we could create from the pull down also.

There isn't an option to quick compose a text or email baked into iOS just yet, but there are other viable options in the App Store in the form of widgets. For instance, the widget called launcher accomplishes what you would like to do and it does it very well and then some! iMoreAppImg_20150622_224534.jpg

Dwood1970

Jan 7, 2012
Visit site
There isn't an option to quick compose a text or email baked into iOS just yet, but there are other viable options in the App Store in the form of widgets. For instance, the widget called launcher accomplishes what you would like to do and it does it very well and then some! View attachment 83793

That's an option. I was just hoping for a quick compose that I didn't actually have to leave the app that I'm currently in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
A compose in the Notification Center would likely have to be an Apple feature. The only 3rd party widget app with a keyboard that I know of was "Neato", that you could type and send messages to Evernote and Dropbox. It finally got pulled from the App Store.

Dwood1970

Jan 7, 2012
Visit site
A compose in the Notification Center would likely have to be an Apple feature. The only 3rd party widget app with a keyboard that I know of was "Neato", that you could type and send messages to Evernote and Dropbox. It finally got pulled from the App Store.

Yeah I think it went to Jailbreak. I was using that (I think) and Bitesms. Don't want to Jailbreak anymore so I'll just wait and see if Apple comes up with something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice