I'm still not understanding Apple Music fully. I just realized that Apple Music will be independent from iTunes match so we're supposed to pay for BOTH?

But the point of this thread is... The biggest thing I like about Spotify or Google Unlimited it's music on tap. If I want to go back and listen to an old DMX album or something I don't have to BUY it with Spotify/GMU... I just find it and listen to it. Rather than Pay $9.99 per individual album or whatever, I can just listen to anything I want for a flat rate...

Will Apple Music offer unlimited access to it's entire library? Because if it DOESN'T I don't understand how it's supposed to compete with services already in place...
    MrMars likes this.
    06-13-2015 06:53 AM
    Yes I'm pretty sure it's unlimited for a flat monthly rate.
    hollidizzle likes this.
    06-13-2015 08:13 AM
    To the best of my knowledge- yes you will be able to listen to pretty much anything from iTunes for that flat rate. I believe i read somewhere that the beatles stuff wouldn't be available under that service... Who knows- I do love spotify and agree the ability to download whatever I want is appealing. I look forward to June 30th to try out apples version
    Bigeric23 and hollidizzle like this.
    06-13-2015 08:29 AM
    But the point of this thread is... The biggest thing I like about Spotify or Google Unlimited it's music on tap. If I want to go back and listen to an old DMX album or something I don't have to BUY it with Spotify/GMU... I just find it and listen to it. Rather than Pay $9.99 per individual album or whatever, I can just listen to anything I want for a flat rate...
    Yes, Apple Music is another version of Spotify. You won't have to pay for the DMX album because you can just stream it as you'd like with Apple Music.

Apple could have done a way better job of explaining what this product is and how it differentiates from iTunes and iTunes Match. This is what happens when you put two fools with no good speaking ability on the stage to present.

Eddy Cue could have done a better job, too.
    06-13-2015 01:45 PM
    The big one I want to know, can you store on device so we don't chew up a lot of data? Does anyone know?
    06-14-2015 03:14 PM
    The big one I want to know, can you store on device so we don't chew up a lot of data? Does anyone know?
    Yes there will be an offline mode.
    Fischkind#IM likes this.
    06-14-2015 03:20 PM
    Yes there will be an offline mode.
    Thank god, up in Canada the biggest plan that I can get it 10gb a month shared between two lines. Rather use wifi. Thanks for he answer.
    06-14-2015 03:21 PM
    I hope its mixed in with iTunes Match. Even though its cheaper, I won't pay for it another year if I can store my songs in the iTunes Music server. The only downside is that songs not in the iTunes library won't be saved? Or will it?
    06-14-2015 11:01 PM
    I hope its mixed in with iTunes Match. Even though its cheaper, I won't pay for it another year if I can store my songs in the iTunes Music server. The only downside is that songs not in the iTunes library won't be saved? Or will it?
    Yes that's another thing I want to know. I'm a current iTunes match user but I don't want to pay for BOTH
    06-15-2015 06:07 AM
    Yes that's another thing I want to know. I'm a current iTunes match user but I don't want to pay for BOTH
    I'll also be annoyed if I had to pay for both. However given that iTunes Match is only $2/month, it wouldn't be enough for me to get upset. Annoyed, yes, but that's about it.
    06-16-2015 02:38 PM