Email Attachments!

Anthonyiamador

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
So while exploring iOS 9 i came across email attachments within the stock email! I have been waiting for this! just hold down on the screen like you would select copy/paste. Document Picker will pop-up.

Attachments

• IMG_0004.jpg
    IMG_0004.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 69

mfm77

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
About time! Does it allow attachments only from iCloud Drive? Or are there other cloud services available?

llfloyd79

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
I don't think that's new. That's been there. It's currently on iOS 8.3. Unless you talking about something totally different.

JDabney

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
If you go deep into the share sheet under "more", you'll find options for Google drive or Dropbox depending on which apps you have downloaded. It's not just limited to icloud drive.

Posted via the iMore App for Android

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
From what others are saying, you can attach from files in your iCloud drive app, which is basically on your phone.

i dont use iCloud. i want to be able to select a file that is ON my phone, not on some cloud server... why is this such a difficult concept for apple to embrace?

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
i dont use iCloud. i want to be able to select a file that is ON my phone, not on some cloud server... why is this such a difficult concept for apple to embrace?
because apple doesn't want a common file system
they would have to allow files be stored within the MAIL app and well that would not work for usability lol

xderiwx

Sep 1, 2014
Visit site
So is this an actual attachment or is a link inserted for the recipient to download? Just wanted some clarification since there's other email apps that claim "attachment" but just insert a link for the recipient to download the file from your chosen cloud service.

mikeo007

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
So is this an actual attachment or is a link inserted for the recipient to download? Just wanted some clarification since there's other email apps that claim "attachment" but just insert a link for the recipient to download the file from your chosen cloud service.

It's attaches the actual file. If you want a link to a file in the cloud, you need to share from the respective app.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW