Apple Notes.app vs Evernote or whatever

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
In a month, one can not store more than they're allowed to upload. Correct me if I'm missing something, please.

That is correct, however, the actual storage size is unlimited. For example: if I uploaded my very first note on January 1st, but reached my 60 MB 'upload' limit on January 25th, I cannot upload another note until February 1st when the upload count resets. The notes I uploaded in January will still be present and available to me, and will not count against the 60 MB upload amount for February. I hope I made sense with that. Sorry for any confusion.

usedberry

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
That is correct, however, the actual storage size is unlimited. For example: if I uploaded my very first note on January 1st, but reached my 60 MB 'upload' limit on January 25th, I cannot upload another note until February 1st when the upload count resets. The notes I uploaded in January will still be present and available to me, and will not count against the 60 MB upload amount for February. I hope I made sense with that. Sorry for any confusion.

Yes, you made sense and that was what I thought as well. I'm getting an iPad Air as a birthday gift in 3 days so that will be a good time to try Evernote again. Hope it syncs well with my iPhone, iPod touch, new iPad, and windows laptop.
And I can manage to stay under 60MB using all devices.😊
Thanks a lot for your time and help!

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Yes, you made sense and that was what I thought as well. I'm getting an iPad Air as a birthday gift in 3 days so that will be a good time to try Evernote again. Hope it syncs well with my iPhone, iPod touch, new iPad, and windows laptop.
And I can manage to stay under 60MB using all devices.
Thanks a lot for your time and help!

You're very welcome...:)

OZsMac

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site
Great thread, thanks guys. Evernote is winning in my head based review right now, sadly it all boils down to OneNote running like a dog on my iPad 3 (with iOS 8.3) and iPad Air (iOS 9 Beta 2), this is a widely reported issue.

I also used Evernote a few years back, what I didn't like about it was the cluttered interface (at least that's how it appeared to me), also at the time creating notes on iPad still showed the folder details in the background (in landscape view), this is a bit of an issue as people sitting either side of me could see other "customer" notes.

One additional point is that as many organisations move to Office 365, they will be able to use OneDrive corporate as a "authorised" cloud service, instead of "Shadow IT" and running the risk of having service blocked or getting a naughty note.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Great thread, thanks guys. Evernote is winning in my head based review right now, sadly it all boils down to OneNote running like a dog on my iPad 3 (with iOS 8.3) and iPad Air (iOS 9 Beta 2), this is a widely reported issue.

I also used Evernote a few years back, what I didn't like about it was the cluttered interface (at least that's how it appeared to me), also at the time creating notes on iPad still showed the folder details in the background (in landscape view), this is a bit of an issue as people sitting either side of me could see other "customer" notes.

One additional point is that as many organisations move to Office 365, they will be able to use OneDrive corporate as a "authorised" cloud service, instead of "Shadow IT" and running the risk of having service blocked or getting a naughty note.

You're very welcome. In addition, Evernote isn't for everyone, and that's okay. Just use whichever notes app you find that works best for your likes and needs regardless of what anyone else uses.

Antron

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
I received this email from Evernote today:

"Starting July 6th, saving emails into Evernote will become a paid feature.You can continue to enjoy the benefits of saving email in Evernote by upgrading to Evernote Premium. You?ll also get increased monthly uploads and offline access to notes on mobile."

I wonder why the change.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Antron

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
For the last couple of day's I find that when I type notes through iCloud on the desktop (Windows machine) the notes sometimes do not save. Anyone else having this problem?

fightcrazy

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
SimpleNote is another good alternative. Also cross platform and has a web address that syncs everything. Use to use it until I changed my daily driver to the 6S with 128gb of int-storage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

iN8ter

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
If you also use a PC, then OneNote is the way to go. The Desktop Software there blows everything else away. You can still use Apple Notes for basic things, and access it in any browser (Edge, IE, Chrome, Firefox, Opera, etc.).

If you do a ton of web clipping, then Evernote seems to be the choice of many, but the Bandwidth limitations are laughable. Honestly I could never use it because of that. If you put Pictures (or Video, not sure if Evernote allows that but OneNote does) in your Notes, then you're basically going to require a paid Evernote plan. OneNote uses is 30GB free OneDrive storage, and doesn't limit how much you can upload to the service.

You can also use it offline in cached mode if you don't have a connection without a paid plan as well - on any device.

The Mac App is more basic, but gets the job done for most things.

btbam91

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I use OneNote. I used it throughout college and loved how it syncs seamlessly with the cloud. The OneNote app on IOS is fantastic, and I love the "new note" button in the Today screen.

For me, using OneNote and Wunderlist is bliss.

anon(5140585)

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
I would have liked to keep Catch Notes as my go to note taking app, but Apple bought Catch and bam... iOS 9 Notes.

I was never a fan of Evernote, as always found it clunky and limited. I use OneNote for my major note taking and iOS Notes for quick notes.