iOS 9.0 Developer beta 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

reeneebob

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
I've been using it on my daily driver and if you let the Beta settle down for a day or two the battery drain really decreases and becomes somewhat bearable. Specially if you turn off all the Search options, the phone is actually usable.

Not for everybody it wasn't. It's why I rolled back to 8.4 on the weekend after almost two weeks of waiting for it to improve.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
9 to 5 Mac has an article still. But they aren't as definite. They say Apple could bump it another week. I guess we'll know when Apple is ready to tell us! :)

9to5 Mac was just reporting on BGR's "trusted source" for some silly reason. Why anyone reads or listens to anything that Johnny Boy Gellar writes/says amazes me. Terrible, terrible tech journalist.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
9to5 Mac was just reporting on BGR's "trusted source" for some silly reason. Why anyone reads or listens to anything that Johnny Boy Gellar writes/says amazes me. Terrible, terrible tech journalist.

True dat never read BGR totally good for nothing.

The Lannisters send they're regards.

razza1987

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
Hmmm... They might be doing a test run of Apple music before it launches to the public maybe...

Sent from my 5th gen iPod touch (beta testing) using Tapatalk

Didn't they say at the keynote that it was being released to the general public on June 30?

Posted via the iMore App for Android

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
That was only the public beta release, right? Who said the public beta would release along side iOS 9 beta 2? Beta 2 might come before then. Also iOS 8.4 might still arrive any day now. Maybe.

My response to June 30th was in regard to Music, but I think iOS 8.4 is suppose to be released on that date as well.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Too much for me to keep up with. I'll just let it all happen. :)

(Laughing)....I hear you, and I'm sorry. I'm sitting here watching the movie, "Eraser" on TV and my focus is on it, even though I've seen it countless of times....:)

OZsMac

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site
For me running iOS9 beta on my iPad is worth it, the video overlay and slide in app (iPad Air, so no split screen) are quite good, as is the keyboard "trackpad" feature & bluetooth keyboard shortcuts. Certainly makes a difference & my iPad is not absolutely essential to me getting through the day.

Can't see any reason on iPhone at this point.

JakubRWrobel

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
I doubt Apple will seed a new beta today, 1 week before Apple Music debuts. May just be my intuition, but betas one week apart (while not unheard of) just doesn't seem realistic. My thinking is we see a slew of developer and public beta releases next week on the 30th along with Apple Music and 8.4 GM.

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
I doubt Apple will seed a new beta today, 1 week before Apple Music debuts. May just be my intuition, but betas one week apart (while not unheard of) just doesn't seem realistic. My thinking is we see a slew of developer and public beta releases next week on the 30th along with Apple Music and 8.4 GM.

The beta and GM are separate releases. 9 Beta 2 today, GM 8.4 next week. Well i can hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh