iOS 9.0 Developer beta 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

reeneebob

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
It eventually did. Its weird, it will go long spans of time with no battery drain and then boom, out of nowhere...

Daily drivers: iPhone 6+/iPad Air for personal, Lollipop'd Nexus 5 as backup, LG Optimus G for work

Paul Pavlou

Jun 10, 2015
Visit site
It eventually did. Its weird, it will go long spans of time with no battery drain and then boom, out of nowhere...

Daily drivers: iPhone 6+/iPad Air for personal, Lollipop'd Nexus 5 as backup, LG Optimus G for work

Went back to iOS 8.3, couldn't handle battery any longer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
A couple of questions:

1. Don't you have to manually reset that number or it just keeps going?
  2. Am I seeing things or is the battery icon now yellow?

The yellow is because it is in Low Power Mode.

On the cellular data, it says current period. You could be right that it only manually resets. I reset it tonight (for the first time). Going to monitor in the next 24 hours.

jpxyz

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
Battery drain fix (it works for me at least)

Since beta update i feel that my 6+ start to be bit warmer/hot very soon and that location arrow is almost all the time present at status bar. Also under battery usage i saw only a bit higher "Home & Lock screen" consumption.
I checked location service, but haven't seen any purple/running one. I tried also play a bit with widgets and i saw, that there is also one called traffic, which is not visible. I shut him down, but it haven't helped.

Than i tried to go again to Privacy -> Location Services -> scrolled down to System Services where was under "Product Improvement" a Routing & Traffic switch with purple arrow. I turned this function off and it helped immediately.
Now, after 12 hours i can say, that i finally observe no strange battery drain.
Doesn't work for me. I switched off Location Services completely.

I went to sleep at 12 am (61%) and woke up at 9 am with 47% left.

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
The yellow is because it is in Low Power Mode.

On the cellular data, it says current period. You could be right that it only manually resets. I reset it tonight (for the first time). Going to monitor in the next 24 hours.

Thanks for asking this question. Made me think about it more clearly (after some sleep).

I can confirm that the 'current period' label is misleading. It should say, since last reset.

I did a more accurate check of cellular data usage by logging into my account. According to sprint, my current (billing) period is 4 days old. And the usage is exactly what it should be based on my actual activity on cellular data in the four days. No extra, unexpected overage.

This is a good reminder though to check your usage on your account after installing beta releases as there have been issues with phone betas in the past for some users under some circumstances.

Not for me this time.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I went back to 8.4, it's stable and runs good on my 6.

Sent from my 5th gen iPod touch (beta testing) using Tapatalk

I've yet to run iOS 8.4. I may install it within the next few days until the second beta of iOS 9 is released...:)

reeneebob

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I'm gonna have to roll back. I have background off, I took it off charger at 645 this morning and it's 12:30 and I'm at 68%. Not as bad as yesterday but nowhere what I was getting on 8.3.

I'm trying to stick it out because I really like it, ugh...

JakubRWrobel

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
iOS 9 on my 5S was stable enough, but couldn't keep it on my daily phone as I needed for work. Back to 8.4.

iOS 9 on my 3rd Gen iPad is working wonderfully. No battery drain (on the contrary, I'm seeing improvements in holding a charge), no crashes of apps or the iPad itself and overall stable with no issues.

Not really crazy about the whole upper/lower case keyboard. I think I saw an option to enable/disable lower case somewhere in the settings; will have to double check on that.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I'm gonna have to roll back. I have background off, I took it off charger at 645 this morning and it's 12:30 and I'm at 68%. Not as bad as yesterday but nowhere what I was getting on 8.3.

I'm trying to stick it out because I really like it, ugh...

It's definitely stable enough on my iPhone 6 Plus, minus the battery drain. The thing is, it would stay at 100% for quite a while, but when it starts dropping it, it drops quickly. If beta 2 fixes the battery issue, I will re-install it and keep it installed throughout the duration unless some serious problems arise.

reeneebob

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
It's definitely stable enough on my iPhone 6 Plus, minus the battery drain. The thing is, it would stay at 100% for quite a while, but when it starts dropping it, it drops quickly. If beta 2 fixes the battery issue, I will re-install it and keep it installed throughout the duration unless some serious problems arise.

That's my experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice