iOS 9.0 Developer beta 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

bszucs

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
Interesting. I also have a 6 Plus and installed 9 but restored data and had horrible battery life. I switched back today to 8.4 Beta 4 which is nice but honestly I thought 9 was very fast with only a couple of hiccups. I might try a "new" setup and see how the battery is.

pancho15

Jun 11, 2015
Visit site
I have the beta installed on both my iPad Air 2 and iPhone 6 Plus. Tot experiment I started from scratch setting up the Air and restored the 6 plus from backup. The air is running fantastic and ultimately I reinstalled and did a fresh set up with the 6 plus. Whatever legacy code that was trapped in the restore caused the 6 plus to lag and drop battery life very quickly. Setting up as new not only improved battery performance but really got rid of 90% of the lag issues I was experiencing.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
My phone told me I had no storage left this am ? I have 128gb model lol a hard reset fixed it .. Earlier I downgraded to 8.4 B4 .. IO9 will be good but a little ruff for my daily .. I'll wait till beta 3 and jump back in lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jonathan Thomson

Jun 11, 2015
Visit site
My experience so far;
  • Battery drain is dreadful. First time with my iPhone 6+ that the battery has died overnight! I have seen the battery drop from 100% to 90% whilst doing nothing on my drive to work.
  • There is a serious bug in the CarPlay functionality that causes the phone to crash, either completely or just Springboard, every 15 minutes or so, taking the Pioneer headunit with it
  • There is another CarPlay bug that causes the CarPlay menu screen to pop up every 20 minutes or so, taking preference over anything else that was on the display (in my case, Pioneer's OEM satnav package)
  • The "Featured" tab of the App Store stops working intermitently (I've noticed this in OS X 10.11 too)
  • The Apple Store app is all but broken (which is good because it's stopping my buying an Apple Watch!!!)
  • UI performance issues (to be expected)
  • Love the new app switcher!
  • Siri seems more accommodating (I'm not sure if I'm asking different questions but he/she seems to be able to answer more questions natively rather than pulling up a web search)
  • I'm finding Touch ID more responsive (i.e. unlocking the phone from screen off is a one-touch process now rather than me having to try several times). Might be a placebo but it just seems better.
  • A rotation bug I had in 8.3 is fixed (sometimes the iPhone 6 Plus would not re-orientate from landscape to portrait without me turning the screen off and back on)
  • Really like the "Back to X..." options when you are taking from one app to another, that's a really nice touch

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Decided to install the beta on my 5th gen iPod touch, so far it's been stable.

Sent from my 5th gen iPod touch (beta testing) using Tapatalk

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
After having to charge my 6plus twice in one day which I've never done since release , I decided to revert to iOS 8.3. It was nice when it lasted but I just couldn't come to grips with so many bugs I had to face.
Awaiting on IOS 9 beta 2

Sent from my iPhone 6plus using Tapatalk

matesola

Jun 25, 2012
Visit site
Battery drain fix (it works for me at least)

Since beta update i feel that my 6+ start to be bit warmer/hot very soon and that location arrow is almost all the time present at status bar. Also under battery usage i saw only a bit higher "Home & Lock screen" consumption.
I checked location service, but haven't seen any purple/running one. I tried also play a bit with widgets and i saw, that there is also one called traffic, which is not visible. I shut him down, but it haven't helped.

Than i tried to go again to Privacy -> Location Services -> scrolled down to System Services where was under "Product Improvement" a Routing & Traffic switch with purple arrow. I turned this function off and it helped immediately.
Now, after 12 hours i can say, that i finally observe no strange battery drain.

pancho15

Jun 11, 2015
Visit site

Since beta update i feel that my 6+ start to be bit warmer/hot very soon and that location arrow is almost all the time present at status bar. Also under battery usage i saw only a bit higher "Home & Lock screen" consumption.
I checked location service, but haven't seen any purple/running one. I tried also play a bit with widgets and i saw, that there is also one called traffic, which is not visible. I shut him down, but it haven't helped.

Than i tried to go again to Privacy -> Location Services -> scrolled down to System Services where was under "Product Improvement" a Routing & Traffic switch with purple arrow. I turned this function off and it helped immediately.

pancho15

Jun 11, 2015
Visit site

Still working good?
And has anyone else tried this?

craigrn16

Jun 8, 2015
Visit site
Ok I think I found the culprit to the battery drain. I turned off mobile data and only have it on wifi and battery life seems to be back to normal. My phone was on 98% when I turned it off an hour later it's still on 98% on stand by. Still though not very ideal except if you're in a wifi area.

craigrn16

Jun 8, 2015
Visit site
I take it back. tuning off the cell radio didn't dix the drain. Only lasted longer when the phone was sleep but as soon as I started texting I saw that battery slowly go down

reeneebob

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
I just got a blue screen and shutdown. Yay!

Daily drivers: iPhone 6+/iPad Air for personal, Lollipop'd Nexus 5 as backup, LG Optimus G for work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2