iOS 9.0 Developer beta 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul Pavlou

Jun 10, 2015
Visit site
I just went back to 8.3.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk for 

I'm tempted to do the same simply because of battery life but think I'll try and stick it out as according to earlier discussions could only be a two to three week wait for beta 2

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

csierra72

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
An article on another site indicates that contact photos has been added to Messenger for the iPhone 6. I don't have them or see an option to turn them on. Anyone have this functionality on a 6 or are they just mistaken?

Paul Pavlou

Jun 10, 2015
Visit site
An article on another site indicates that contact photos has been added to Messenger for the iPhone 6. I don't have them or see an option to turn them on. Anyone have this functionality on a 6 or are they just mistaken?

I have them

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
For those with battery drain issues, someone on the dev forums has tried disabling mobile data completely and enabled power saving mode and enabled wifi and the drainage has stopped for them, after 1 hour and 14 minutes of standby they only dropped 1%.

Sent from my jailbroken 5th gen iPod touch or iPhone 6 or Surface 2 using Tapatalk

Hansana

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
I'm tempted to do the same simply because of battery life but think I'll try and stick it out as according to earlier discussions could only be a two to three week wait for beta 2

Yeah this is my daily driver. Can't afford the bugs plus my banking app and outlook was broken. Now happily on 8.3. I think il wait for the public betas.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk for 

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I've been at work now for a couple of hours with one springboard issue. Having said that, my battery life is at 94%. The only thing I've done is disable Wi-Fi.

kurahk7

Jul 12, 2013
Visit site
What is?

(Proper forum netiquette includes quoting the post to which you are responding. It gives context to your reply.)

Whoops, pressed reply instead of quote. The request desktop site is in the share menu in safari. It was one of the last options but you can rearrange it.

gdruin74

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone received time to leave for work alerts? Info is in my calendar with address to my office but have not gotten an alert. Maybe this feature has not been turned on yet.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Has anyone tried the picture in picture on the iPad yet?

I specifically was wondering if you launch PIP for a video from an app that doesn't offer AirPlay, does the video, once in PIP, AirPlay?

piranhadonna

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
I've been at work now for a couple of hours with one springboard issue. Having said that, my battery life is at 94%. The only thing I've done is disable Wi-Fi.

I wish I had that battery life lol. Mine is better now that I disabled pretty much everything in the search options but still not great.

Kris Palkovich

Jun 10, 2015
Visit site
Ok. I'm having major battery drain issues on my iPhone 6. Also, when it's plugged in charging it is running very, very hot.

I don't know if anyone else is having the same issues. Trying to figure out if by coincidence something happened to my battery or if others are having the same issues.

I've closed all background apps and that makes no noticeable difference in battery life. Also, the battery saver feature doesn't make any noticeable difference either.

Apr 20, 2015
Visit site
I've got the terrible battery drain issue on both my iPhone and my watch. Barely make it through the work day.
I'm being optimistic but I've currently done two things that seem to be helping....I've turned off all the search items as suggested previously and rather than disabling mobile data I've turned off 4G/LTE. I did both of these together so not sure which one has helped tbh.
I took both devices off charge two hours ago and my phone hasn't dropped at all and even my watch is still at 99%. Not quite sure why changing the phone settings would make the watch stop draining though.
I am going to wait until tomorrow and see how it goes at work and try turning the searches back on at lunch time if it's stable and see how it goes.

Henry Malmgren

Jun 10, 2015
Visit site
I've just turned off everything in search and I'm actually able to charge the battery from a USB port at the moment. I haven't had a chance to start narrowing it down to which particular search toggle is responsible for the terrible battery life, but I'm 95% sure its one of them.

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Responses in red, within the quote of your post.

As far as stability goes, this is a really good first beta. It will only get better from this point.

In regards to most apps crashing I am referring to , Facebook, Whatsapp, Instagram, Cnet , email and few other stock apps.
Other than battery drain and the few issue listed above its been okay I guess. I think I'll revert back to iOS 8.3.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I wish I had that battery life lol. Mine is better now that I disabled pretty much everything in the search options but still not great.

I hear ya, but you know it'll improve with the next beta update. At least I'm hoping it will.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro