Just curious for anyone with an Watch when you restored for the beta did you unpair your watch first and then repair after the restore or just restore and go from there?

Carried by a raven from The Wall.
    I forgot to unpaid my Apple Watch. After I installed the beta and restored my watch prompted me to pair with the iPhone and allowed me to restore the watch from backup without issue.
    06-10-2015 10:02 AM
    It's in the share menu.
    What is?

(Proper forum netiquette includes quoting the post to which you are responding. It gives context to your reply.)
    06-10-2015 10:08 AM
    Depends... If there are significant issues that need an immediate fix... A week? Two?? My guess... Developer beta 2 will come out at the same time as the public beta in July...and may even be the same build.
    Oh wow that fast? How exciting!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    06-10-2015 10:14 AM
    Responses in red, within the quote of your post.

Been running this beta has my daily driver, brave move I know but I was tempted. So far I've noticed alot of bugs has expected.

1) cannot sign into my mail, it crashes every time
    I have not experienced this. I have one email account and no crashes (yet).

2) most apps crash due to IOS 9 not being comparable which isn't really a bug
    Again, I have not experienced this. Please clarify "most". So far "most" apps work fine, in my experience.

3) spotlight sometimes not working
    Agreed. I have seen some wonky behavior with "Search", as it's now called.

4) apps not downloading from App Store.
    Again, not my experience. I installed iOS 9 on an old iPhone 5 and used the App Store to redownload a handful of my favorite apps for testing purposes.

5) split screen not working has shown on the demo for the 6 plus.
    The "split screen" was not demoed or announced for any iPhone. That is (currently) just an iPad feature.

6) battery drain like crazy
    Yep. It's a beta, and is to be expected - especially for beta 1.
    As far as stability goes, this is a really good first beta. It will only get better from this point.
    06-10-2015 10:18 AM
    Does anyone know when beta 2 will be released or how long it usually takes?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Historically:

iOS 9.0 Developer beta 1-ios-beta-history.jpg

Source: iOS Version History Chart
    06-10-2015 10:21 AM
    So I reported yesterday that I was getting about the same battery life...turns out that was a lie, lol. Battery life, as others have reported, is horrific, but I'm not jumping ship just yet, as I kind of expected it.

Honestly, the only issue I've come across that has made me even think about reverting back to iOS 8 is the one where my phone will ring but no controls will show up on the screen to answer or dismiss. This has happened a few times, but a hard restart gets it going properly again.
    06-10-2015 10:47 AM
    Yeah outlook is broken

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk for 
    06-10-2015 10:47 AM
    Yeah outlook is broken

Works fine for me
    06-10-2015 11:32 AM
    I just went back to 8.3.

06-10-2015 12:16 PM
    I just went back to 8.3.

I'm tempted to do the same simply because of battery life but think I'll try and stick it out as according to earlier discussions could only be a two to three week wait for beta 2

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk
    csierra72 likes this.
    06-10-2015 12:43 PM
    An article on another site indicates that contact photos has been added to Messenger for the iPhone 6. I don't have them or see an option to turn them on. Anyone have this functionality on a 6 or are they just mistaken?
    06-10-2015 12:49 PM
    An article on another site indicates that contact photos has been added to Messenger for the iPhone 6. I don't have them or see an option to turn them on. Anyone have this functionality on a 6 or are they just mistaken?
    I have them

csierra72 likes this.
    06-10-2015 12:56 PM
    I have them

Glad to know I will...eventually. Wonder why I don't now. Did you have to turn anything on?
    06-10-2015 12:59 PM
    For those with battery drain issues, someone on the dev forums has tried disabling mobile data completely and enabled power saving mode and enabled wifi and the drainage has stopped for them, after 1 hour and 14 minutes of standby they only dropped 1%.

Sent from my jailbroken 5th gen iPod touch or iPhone 6 or Surface 2 using Tapatalk
    06-10-2015 01:05 PM
    Glad to know I will...eventually. Wonder why I don't now. Did you have to turn anything on?
    Nope just simply appeared I think

csierra72 likes this.
    06-10-2015 01:08 PM
    I'm tempted to do the same simply because of battery life but think I'll try and stick it out as according to earlier discussions could only be a two to three week wait for beta 2

Yeah this is my daily driver. Can't afford the bugs plus my banking app and outlook was broken. Now happily on 8.3. I think il wait for the public betas.

06-10-2015 01:16 PM
    Battery is draining in my pocket. Other than that everything is great.
    06-10-2015 01:31 PM
    I've been at work now for a couple of hours with one springboard issue. Having said that, my battery life is at 94%. The only thing I've done is disable Wi-Fi.
    06-10-2015 02:00 PM
    What is?

(Proper forum netiquette includes quoting the post to which you are responding. It gives context to your reply.)
    Whoops, pressed reply instead of quote. The request desktop site is in the share menu in safari. It was one of the last options but you can rearrange it.
    06-10-2015 02:14 PM
    Has anyone received time to leave for work alerts? Info is in my calendar with address to my office but have not gotten an alert. Maybe this feature has not been turned on yet.
    06-10-2015 02:48 PM
    Has anyone tried the picture in picture on the iPad yet?

I specifically was wondering if you launch PIP for a video from an app that doesn't offer AirPlay, does the video, once in PIP, AirPlay?
    06-10-2015 03:18 PM
    I've been at work now for a couple of hours with one springboard issue. Having said that, my battery life is at 94%. The only thing I've done is disable Wi-Fi.
    I wish I had that battery life lol. Mine is better now that I disabled pretty much everything in the search options but still not great.
    06-10-2015 04:04 PM
    I'm looking forward to reading this thread and I'm not a developer lol
    Me, too. And I can't wait until next month.
    razza1987 likes this.
    06-10-2015 04:06 PM
    I wish I had that battery life lol. Mine is better now that I disabled pretty much everything in the search options but still not great.
    Another reason for my poor battery life could be my obsession with Clash of Clans

06-10-2015 04:09 PM
    Ok. I'm having major battery drain issues on my iPhone 6. Also, when it's plugged in charging it is running very, very hot.

I don't know if anyone else is having the same issues. Trying to figure out if by coincidence something happened to my battery or if others are having the same issues.

I've closed all background apps and that makes no noticeable difference in battery life. Also, the battery saver feature doesn't make any noticeable difference either.
    06-10-2015 04:21 PM
548 ... 678910 ...