Here are a few things I like and dislike.
    Like -
    1. I love the new font
    2. I do like the new app-switcher, however I miss having favourites on top, and the switcher is really laggy right now.
    3. Loving the new notes application
    4. The Low Battery option actually gave me 2 extra hours when my phone was at 10%, which is phenomenal.

Dislike -
    1. The lag in the app-switcher
    2. I know it's a beta, but the battery life isn't very good
    3. My iCloud keeps going off and tells me I entered the wrong password so I have to restart my phone to fix it

That's all for now
    P.S. I really hoped they'd include some new ringtones
    What do you like about the new font? I hear it's difficult to read for some who don't have 20/20 vision.

06-09-2015 09:07 AM
    What do you like about the new font? I hear it's difficult to read for some who don't have 20/20 vision.

I would agree it's harder to read for 40+ or near sighted. On 6+ in zoomed mode it works well. More of the core os is obeying the custom font size as well.
    06-09-2015 09:11 AM
    Just curious for anyone with an Watch when you restored for the beta did you unpair your watch first and then repair after the restore or just restore and go from there?

Carried by a raven from The Wall.
    06-09-2015 09:15 AM

I wear glasses and it seems fine to me. I don't have any legibility issues. I like it.
    06-09-2015 09:35 AM
    I no longer have my work iPhone but still want to install beta 1 on the personal iPhone 6 once I can confirm that it won't break connectivity with my Apple watch - can anyone please confirm this for me please?
    TIA
    06-09-2015 09:36 AM
    Just curious for anyone with an Watch when you restored for the beta did you unpair your watch first and then repair after the restore or just restore and go from there?

Carried by a raven from The Wall.
    I didn't unpair it myself but the phone restore did. One nice thing though is it asked me if I wanted to restore the watch backup. Worked great. Then upgraded to 2.0 and had to re-pair again. Restore backup worked again. I didn't skip the first watch restore for fear that I would lose the watch backup in the process. Maybe it would have worked by going right to 2 then restore backup I don't know.
    sau124 and swarlos like this.
    06-09-2015 09:38 AM
    I no longer have my work iPhone but still want to install beta 1 on the personal iPhone 6 once I can confirm that it won't break connectivity with my Apple watch - can anyone please confirm this for me please?
    TIA
    It will still work. You will have to repair the watch. See above about my experience.
    sau124 likes this.
    06-09-2015 09:39 AM
    So far the beta has been stable for me, apps are opening faster across the board and performance is a lot better than iOS 8. Sometimes my phone will not wake the first time I press the home button but it will work fine the second time and sometimes the responsiveness is delayed but it's not bad. Battery life isn't that good at the moment (6% per hour on standby) but I'm sure it will get better as the betas go on. Overall I like the changes Apple has made so far.

Sent from my iPhone 6 (beta testing) using Tapatalk
    06-09-2015 09:57 AM

I have an iPhone 6 and the text is perfectly legible. The font is just soothing and extremely smooth, which just looks nice when it's being read. I don't know, but that's just me haha.
    06-09-2015 10:05 AM
    I wear glasses and it seems fine to me. I don't have any legibility issues. I like it.
    So in the name of style, you don't mind if many older users can't see it and read it as well?

06-09-2015 10:42 AM
    So in the name of style, you don't mind if many older users can't see it and read it as well?

Yup, you're old. I'm not.
    06-09-2015 10:43 AM
    If anything the new font is easier to read. The "bold text" option is still available for those having trouble with it, likewise you can still enlarge the text. I don't see what the problem is.

Unless you've got the Beta and you're testing it out, you can't really judge it
    06-09-2015 10:46 AM
    If anything the new font is easier to read. The "bold text" option is still available for those having trouble with it, likewise you can still enlarge the text. I don't see what the problem is.

Unless you've got the Beta and you're testing it out, you can't really judge it
    This is going to be different for everyone. Some of us have trouble with font changes. Others do not.
    06-09-2015 11:30 AM
    Im not a fan of the app switcher at all...something just doesn't feel fluid about it, feels almost like a downgrade compared to what it was before (cosmetically anyways). Hopefully it gets tweaked, because it doesn't do anything for me as it stands.
    BreakingKayfabe likes this.
    06-09-2015 11:31 AM
    Do you guys realise that there is a certain lag in the app switcher? And also when scrolling up the control center?
    Do you realize that this is the first beta release? When you first install the beta, there's a lot of indexing going on in the background. That will definitely slow things down. Once that indexing is complete, you should see some improvement.

Typically, Apple adds the features and over the course of the beta, they tighten things up, and improve functionality/performance.

Of course, as a developer running the beta, you agreed to provide feedback and bug reports to Apple, didn't you?
    06-09-2015 11:42 AM
    I don't like the way you type on the keyboard on iOS 9, the keyboard doesn't pop out at you like it did in iOS 8. It feels like I've not touched the right letter.
    Settings > General > Keyboard > Show Character Preview > [ON]
    06-09-2015 11:44 AM
    My 6 Plus did get the two finger keyboard track pad thing which is nice
    I have the 2-finger keyboard tracking on my iPhone 5, as well. I don't think that will be restricted by device.
    06-09-2015 11:48 AM
    Here are a few things I like and dislike.
    Like -
    1. I love the new font
    2. I do like the new app-switcher, however I miss having favourites on top, and the switcher is really laggy right now.
    3. Loving the new notes application
    4. The Low Battery option actually gave me 2 extra hours when my phone was at 10%, which is phenomenal.

Dislike -
    1. The lag in the app-switcher
    2. I know it's a beta, but the battery life isn't very good
    3. My iCloud keeps going off and tells me I entered the wrong password so I have to restart my phone to fix it

That's all for now
    P.S. I really hoped they'd include some new ringtones
    It looks like "Favorites" are gone, but the App/Task switcher has "Recents". It shows the last 4 "recents", and there's a link to Show More which will display 8.
    06-09-2015 11:51 AM
    It looks like "Favorites" are gone, but the App/Task switcher has "Recents". It shows the last 4 "recents", and there's a link to Show More which will display 8.
    That's odd, mine doesn't show any recents
    06-09-2015 11:52 AM
    Im not a fan of the app switcher at all...something just doesn't feel fluid about it, feels almost like a downgrade compared to what it was before (cosmetically anyways). Hopefully it gets tweaked, because it doesn't do anything for me as it stands.
    I don't mind the app switcher but it looks like it doesn't belong on the iPhone.

Sent from my iPhone 6 (beta testing) using Tapatalk
    06-09-2015 11:59 AM
    Is the Pebble app working?
    Yes no issues

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    06-09-2015 12:03 PM
    Well I am back on 8.3 on my iPhone 6. Battery drain was really really bad and I kept losing sound. Keeping it on my iPad Air as it has no issues whatsoever.
    06-09-2015 12:10 PM
    Well I am back on 8.3 on my iPhone 6. Battery drain was really really bad and I kept losing sound. Keeping it on my iPad Air as it has no issues whatsoever.
    Although, iOS 9 has been running well on my iPhone 6 Plus, the battery drain is noticeable, and being that Tapatalk is consuming 81%, it tells me that the app need to be updated to offset the drainage, although it works well thus far.
    06-09-2015 12:14 PM
    Although, iOS 9 has been running well on my iPhone 6 Plus, the battery drain is noticeable, and being that Tapatalk is consuming 81%, it tells me that the app need to be updated to offset the drainage, although it works well thus far.
    Settings was my big battery drain as well as home and lock screen. Wondering if it has something to do with the way I did install. I did a clean install on my phone and an update on my iPad. I would think that the clean install would have been better.
    06-09-2015 12:19 PM
    Settings > General > Search > uncheck all

Seems to have reduced the battery loss for me, I only did it an hour ago so it's a little early to be sure but it definitely seems to be falling less rapidly
    06-09-2015 12:25 PM
548 ... 23456 ...