It seems that anytime I try to type something in the spotlight search field, the first letter input does not register, and I have to hit the letter/number again a second time for it to register...this happened 9 times out of 10 that I tried.
    06-09-2015 01:10 AM
    It's in the share menu.
    06-09-2015 01:24 AM
    Pretty stable for a beta one. No issues with any of the apps I use. Usually dashcmd has issues. If history is any indicator for me personally, beta two will suck.

I was going through the keyboard section and noticed a new option called show character preview. I can't figure out what it is.
    This shows the key "popup" on the keyboard as you type - if you tap the 'C' key, you get a little popup box that shows the 'C' character that you just typed. When you turn it off, you don't get the effect - all you see is the key you pressed appearing in the text box.

Are you seeing the predictive text bar? I don't see it on any keyboard in any of the apps that I've tried (Search, Messages, Email, Safari).

I showed my fianc iOS 9 and how search works and the new task switched and her words were why does Apple have to go and change things?!?!?!? It was fine the way it was! I am going to have to stealth upgrade her in the fall and then deal with the consequences later.
    I hear that. My wife's the same way. "Why do I need to upgrade?"
    06-09-2015 01:42 AM
    Hi,, I have a quick question.. How will Siri know that you took photos of Eddy, or some person?? How do you tag them in Photos?? In iOS9, Siri will be able to bring up photos for queries like "Show me the Photos which i took in Eva's Birthday Party" "Show me the Photos of Eddy cue which i took last June".. Please clarify!
    06-09-2015 02:43 AM
    Hi,, I have a quick question.. How will Siri know that you took photos of Eddy, or some person?? How do you tag them in Photos?? In iOS9, Siri will be able to bring up photos for queries like "Show me the Photos which i took in Eva's Birthday Party" "Show me the Photos of Eddy cue which i took last June".. Please clarify!
    The photos Moments use date stamps. That identifies the time frame. I believe you also have to use Faces to identify the people in the photos.
    06-09-2015 02:48 AM
    This beta includes the option for a 6-digit passcode as well as 4-digit, custom alphanumeric and custom numeric codes.

If you just go to Settings > Passcode, then go to Change Passcode and then select Passcode options, you see this screen which included the 6-digit passcode.

And I have iOS 9 beta 1 installed on an iPhone 5.

iOS 9.0 Developer beta 1-img_0026.jpg
    taz323 likes this.
    06-09-2015 02:50 AM
    Do you guys realise that there is a certain lag in the app switcher? And also when scrolling up the control center?
    06-09-2015 03:35 AM
    Hey all, I have a question. Does anyone know if iOS 9 beta 1 have the new streaming music Apple Music running in the beta where we can test/use it? or do we still have to wait till the 30th. I have 8.4 beta 3 installed but it only has the music App not the new Apple Music with Beats1 radio and on demand streaming.
    06-09-2015 04:04 AM
    I thought the new Apple Music app would be in 8.4. beta 3 but it's not on mine. Not sure if it just appears on June 30th or if I am just missing it.
    06-09-2015 04:12 AM
    I don't like the way you type on the keyboard on iOS 9, the keyboard doesn't pop out at you like it did in iOS 8. It feels like I've not touched the right letter.
    06-09-2015 04:17 AM
    Is the Pebble app working?
    06-09-2015 05:57 AM
    Does the music app have the new look and just none of the functionality yet? I was hoping they would let devs test out the new music service like they did with the iOS 7 beta and we could use iTunes Radio.

Carried by a raven from The Wall.
    I suspect the streaming/new music services will be added on June 30th. There's none of that stuff in iOS 9 either.

I don't like the way you type on the keyboard on iOS 9, the keyboard doesn't pop out at you like it did in iOS 8. It feels like I've not touched the right letter.
    Settings > General > Keyboard > Character Preview
    06-09-2015 06:21 AM
    Do you guys realise that there is a certain lag in the app switcher? And also when scrolling up the control center?
    I had lag issues when I first installed the beta, but now everything is smooth on iPhone 6 Plus
    06-09-2015 06:21 AM
    Just downloaded the beta on my iPhone (downloading it on the iPad Air as I type), but I can't seem to find Apple's new 'News' app anywhere on my iPhone. And how does Proactive work? Is there a setting for it, or is it basically working already? I can't find any settings for 'Proactive'
    06-09-2015 06:24 AM
    Just downloaded the beta on my iPhone (downloading it on the iPad Air as I type), but I can't seem to find Apple's new 'News' app anywhere on my iPhone. And how does Proactive work? Is there a setting for it, or is it basically working already? I can't find any settings for 'Proactive'
    The news app hasn't been included yet, it'll probably turn up in future betas. No idea about Proactive, still trying to figure that out myself
    SaMaster14 likes this.
    06-09-2015 06:25 AM
    Anyone else annoyed that true multitasking only went to the iPad Air 2? I guess the new multitasking for the other iPads (swiping from the right to bring up another app) is better than the double click and swiping through apps, but it still seems half baked considering you can still only use one app at a time.

Also, anyone think multitasking might come to the iPhone 6S/6+S or whatever the new devices will be called?
    06-09-2015 07:09 AM
    Anyone else annoyed that true multitasking only went to the iPad Air 2? I guess the new multitasking for the other iPads (swiping from the right to bring up another app) is better than the double click and swiping through apps, but it still seems half baked considering you can still only use one app at a time.

Also, anyone think multitasking might come to the iPhone 6S/6+S or whatever the new devices will be called?
    I'm guessing the 6s Plus will get the iPad Multi-Tasking. It's restricted to iPad Air 2 at the moment and that's probably because it has 2GB of RAM.

My 6 Plus did get the two finger keyboard track pad thing which is nice
    SaMaster14 likes this.
    06-09-2015 07:13 AM
    Top left hand corner saying iPhone rather than showing carrier info?? Hard reset does nothing
    06-09-2015 07:23 AM
    New keyboard is nice. Finally the shift key works how it should have always worked. The trackpad function is real nice also. Would like to see low power toggle in control center. Battery life so far is decent but less battery life is to be expected. Did not get an alert to leave for work even though it is in my calendar with the address to my office so maybe that function is not available yet. Overall very smooth for a first beta with no issues so far. Would also like to be able to slide through favorite contacts on search screen.
    06-09-2015 07:24 AM
    I'm guessing the 6s Plus will get the iPad Multi-Tasking. It's restricted to iPad Air 2 at the moment and that's probably because it has 2GB of RAM.

My 6 Plus did get the two finger keyboard track pad thing which is nice
    Could this be a clue that at least the 6s Plus may have 2 gb of RAM?

mbar9607 likes this.
    06-09-2015 07:26 AM
    Pretty stable for a beta one. No issues with any of the apps I use. Usually dashcmd has issues. If history is any indicator for me personally, beta two will suck.

I was going through the keyboard section and noticed a new option called show character preview. I can't figure out what it is. I showed my fianc iOS 9 and how search works and the new task switched and her words were why does Apple have to go and change things?!?!?!? It was fine the way it was! I am going to have to stealth upgrade her in the fall and then deal with the consequences later.
    The show preview options basically shows the letter you're typing to pop-up. Because if you've noticed, the keyboard letters don't pop up now, if that option is off. I prefer not having the option on, it makes typing feel even better.
    06-09-2015 08:03 AM
    Here are a few things I like and dislike.
    Like -
    1. I love the new font
    2. I do like the new app-switcher, however I miss having favourites on top, and the switcher is really laggy right now.
    3. Loving the new notes application
    4. The Low Battery option actually gave me 2 extra hours when my phone was at 10%, which is phenomenal.

Dislike -
    1. The lag in the app-switcher
    2. I know it's a beta, but the battery life isn't very good
    3. My iCloud keeps going off and tells me I entered the wrong password so I have to restart my phone to fix it

That's all for now
    P.S. I really hoped they'd include some new ringtones
    06-09-2015 08:06 AM
    Here are a few things I like and dislike.
    Like -
    1. I love the new font
    2. I do like the new app-switcher, however I miss having favourites on top, and the switcher is really laggy right now.
    3. Loving the new notes application
    4. The Low Battery option actually gave me 2 extra hours when my phone was at 10%, which is phenomenal.

Dislike -
    1. The lag in the app-switcher
    2. I know it's a beta, but the battery life isn't very good
    3. My iCloud keeps going off and tells me I entered the wrong password so I have to restart my phone to fix it

That's all for now
    P.S. I really hoped they'd include some new ringtones
    Did you restore before install? I have no lag in app switcher and iCloud is fine.
    Have used 30% battery in 2.5 hours while streaming podcasts. Not as good as I was getting on the 6 plus but not terrible and less battery is to be expected since this is just the first beta.
    06-09-2015 08:34 AM
    Been running it since last night. The only problem as expected is battery life.
    06-09-2015 08:41 AM
    I have a huge problem. My phone won't charge! If I unplug and plug a bunch of times or reboot phone it will charge for a few minutes. Then stop charging! Uh oh! Positive it isn't the cable. This is since IOS 9. Restored twice.

FYI: i had to get the code from sprint to get the phone back on their network. Minor inconvenience there.

EDIT: Charging now. Fingers crossed.
    Last edited by Scatabrain; 06-09-2015 at 09:05 AM.
    06-09-2015 08:47 AM
548 12345 ...