Anyone else having issues with iMessage not sending from the phone number? It shows activated on my phone number, but it will only send via my iCloud account. If my wife sends a text to my phone number it will only send as text.
    06-08-2015 08:08 PM
    Anyone else having issues with iMessage not sending from the phone number? It shows activated on my phone number, but it will only send via my iCloud account. If my wife sends a text to my phone number it will only send as text.
    Also, it will not allow me to change the "Start New Conversations From" setting. My phone number is selected, but its not sending from the phone number.

Edit: Checked my iPad, and the setting was changed to an email address. Changed it to my phone number on the iPad, iMessage to and from my phone number works now. So it appears the start new convos from setting does not work on my iPhone 6 plus.
    06-08-2015 08:14 PM
    A couple of observations regarding the Task Switcher screen:

1. There is no option in Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars for showing Recents and Favorites in the task switcher.
    2. The individual "panes" in the task switcher now overlap, and App name is above the image, not below, as in iOS 8.

iOS 9.0 Developer beta 1-img_0017.png iOS 9.0 Developer beta 1-img_0018.png
    06-08-2015 08:28 PM
    Yeah they seem to have removed contacts from the app switcher completely. Swiping right brings up a list of 4 contacts now though, not sure how it works out which contacts to show
    06-08-2015 08:39 PM
    Anyone here who is on the beta and actually use Newsstand? What happens to the apps that are associated with Newsstand? Are they stand alone now?
    06-08-2015 08:55 PM
    So far the iOS is running smoothly for me. There is the noticeable lag time like you see in most beta OS, but since this is not a complete overhaul it isn't as bad as it normally is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    06-08-2015 09:05 PM
    Going through Settings, I am seeing a few changes: (disclaimer: comparing iOS 9 on iPhone 5 against iOS 8.3 on iPhone 6 Plus)

• Notifications: iOS 8 options of Sort Manually or Sort by Time now Sort Order with sub-options for Recent or Manual. A new option has been added for Group By App. I haven't receive any notifications on the test phone to see what Group By App actually looks like. See screen print.
    • General: Spotlight Search is now just Search.
      New section for Car Play which appears to do a search for compatible cars in range for pairing.
      New section for USE SIDE SWITCH TO: Lock Rotation | Mute
      USAGE replaced with Storage & iCloud Usage. There is no Battery Usage stats/battery shaming at this location.
    • Display & Brightness: Display Zoom > View missing (see disclaimer above).
    • New BATTERY section that includes Low Power Mode in Settings menu (not on a submenu). See screen print.
    • Passbook and Apple Pay missing (see disclaimer above).
    • iTunes & App Store: Show All > Music, Videos removed.
    • Mail, Contacts, Calendars: New Show Contacts Found in Mail option.
    • Notes: New screen. Default Account relabeled Default Account for Siri. New field: New Notes Start With > Title | Heading | Body
    • Phone: Contact Photos in Favorites has been removed
      New setting for Calls On Other Devices > ON | OFF.
    • Messages: Text Message Forwarding possibly removed (see disclaimer above).
    • FaceTime: iPhone Cellular Calls possibly removed (see disclaimer above).
    • Safari: The General section has been reworked. Passwords & AutoFill have been separated.
      Added switch for Frequently Visited Sites > ON | OFF.
      Show Tab Bar removed.
      See screen print.
    • Music: Section redesigned. See screen print.
    • Photos & Camera: redesigned. See screen prints.
    • Podcasts: Notifications removed.

Screen prints:
    iOS 9.0 Developer beta 1-img_0019.jpgiOS 9.0 Developer beta 1-img_0020.jpgiOS 9.0 Developer beta 1-img_0021.jpgiOS 9.0 Developer beta 1-img_0022.jpgiOS 9.0 Developer beta 1-img_0023.jpgiOS 9.0 Developer beta 1-img_0024.jpg
    Last edited by HankAZ; 06-08-2015 at 10:32 PM.
    06-08-2015 09:14 PM
    Please tell me that they actually included the ability to finally have clickable URLs in the reminders app, please!!

06-08-2015 09:18 PM
    Is there a thread for app tested on ios 9?
    06-08-2015 09:41 PM
    Is there a thread for app tested on ios 9?
    Yep, the one you created...
    06-08-2015 10:01 PM
    I just did because there was none
    06-08-2015 10:04 PM
    I just did because there was none
    I know, and no harm done...
    joxer007 likes this.
    06-08-2015 10:22 PM
    Does the music app have the new look and just none of the functionality yet? I was hoping they would let devs test out the new music service like they did with the iOS 7 beta and we could use iTunes Radio.

Carried by a raven from The Wall.
    06-08-2015 10:48 PM
    Anyone knows where the News app is at? I can't find it nowhere in iOS 9
    06-08-2015 10:51 PM
    Anyone here who is on the beta and actually use Newsstand? What happens to the apps that are associated with Newsstand? Are they stand alone now?
    I had a few things in Newsstand, and it created a new folder and put the individual subscription apps in there like a normal app square. I just deleted them because I forgot I even subscribed to them (haven't used it in forever, lol!). As soon as I deleted all of them, the "Newsstand" square disappeared for eternity (hopefully, lol).
    BreakingKayfabe likes this.
    06-08-2015 10:54 PM
    Anyone knows where the News app is at? I can't find it nowhere in iOS 9
    It's not in there...probably something to be added later.
    06-08-2015 10:55 PM
    W
    It's not in there...probably something to be added later.
    Would assume next beta.

06-08-2015 10:56 PM
    Does the music app have the new look and just none of the functionality yet? I was hoping they would let devs test out the new music service like they did with the iOS 7 beta and we could use iTunes Radio.

It has the new look...but it's buggy, all the control buttons in mine were sort of flickering and blinking while it sat stationary. Everything seems to work as it should though.

iOS 9.0 Developer beta 1-img_5066.jpg

...also, at least on mine, there is ZERO landscape functionality. When you turn it into landscape mode, it just stays in normal orientation and nothing changes.
    swarlos likes this.
    06-08-2015 10:59 PM
    I had a few things in Newsstand, and it created a new folder and put the individual subscription apps in there like a normal app square. I just deleted them because I forgot I even subscribed to them (haven't used it in forever, lol!). As soon as I deleted all of them, the "Newsstand" square disappeared for eternity (hopefully, lol).
    That's good to know. I'm hoping they don't integrate it with the news app because I don't like that Flipboard style. I subscribe to a couple of things that I read every day.
    06-08-2015 11:17 PM
    I use Newstand but I haven't updated my iPad yet to the beta.
    06-08-2015 11:21 PM
    Yeah they seem to have removed contacts from the app switcher completely. Swiping right brings up a list of 4 contacts now though, not sure how it works out which contacts to show
    Probably the most recently contacted. There's also a Show More button above the contacts that expands the view to include 8 contacts and 6 apps - basically it gives you 2 lines of each.

Discovered some issues with the contacts on that screen. Tapping on one gives you the option to view info, call or text. But when you return to the screen, there are only 7 contacts displaying, and I haven't seen the missing contact come back.
    Last edited by HankAZ; 06-08-2015 at 11:54 PM.
    06-08-2015 11:39 PM
    Pretty stable for a beta one. No issues with any of the apps I use. Usually dashcmd has issues. If history is any indicator for me personally, beta two will suck.

I was going through the keyboard section and noticed a new option called show character preview. I can't figure out what it is. I showed my fianc iOS 9 and how search works and the new task switched and her words were why does Apple have to go and change things?!?!?!? It was fine the way it was! I am going to have to stealth upgrade her in the fall and then deal with the consequences later.
    iwoodland likes this.
    06-09-2015 12:06 AM
    Mine did that also never got it to stay even thou I'm signed in from settings

I finally got it to stay.
    06-09-2015 12:15 AM
    Hmmm....is the request desktop site option gone in safari??
    06-09-2015 12:18 AM
    I like the fact that after I restored and updated the phone to the new ios 9 I got about 2 GBS more space on my iPhone
    06-09-2015 12:48 AM
548 1234 ...