That makes nonsense at all.
    It makes perfect sense...you just don't agree. Apple put NFC on the iPhone, and it brought more retailers/banks to the table ready to full integrate it into their stores. I'm not sure what you're so confused about...
    06-09-2015 02:02 PM
    I would love to have the split screen on my iPhone 6+ I used this feature a lot on my old broken Note 3. But with only 1 GB of RAM it is not possible, at least not fluid, iOS has to keep both apps in the memory to do the scrolling Federighi did on stage. If the next iPhone has more RAM then it will get this functionality.
    06-10-2015 05:57 AM
    It makes perfect sense...you just don't agree. Apple put NFC on the iPhone, and it brought more retailers/banks to the table ready to full integrate it into their stores. I'm not sure what you're so confused about...
    NFC isn't just about mobile payments. You're using the hyping up of one service, which is nothing more than a superset of stuff that had already existed for almost a decade as rationale for pretending that they bought NFC to the mainstream. NFC was in use for years before Apple Pay existed. Banks are using it in CCs and in Europe and some parts of Asia that technology was going mainstream long before Apple got into the mix. The only thing Apple did was partner with Banks for one slice of that huge pie.

Apple didn't bring NFC to the mainstream. The problem is the USA is lagging behind a lot of other markets in actually using the technology others have been benefitting from for several years.

NFC is also about easily pairing device, easily sharing information, etc. None of which the iPhone does. The iPhone's NFC is virtually invisible to the user, and they don't even really market it as such because the only reason it's there is to facilitate mobile payments - because NFC was already mainstream before they got there and they had no choice but to adopt that specific technology to do it. Otherwise, in typical Apple fashion (they're the new Microsoft when it comes to this stuff), they'd have created their own personal "standard" for accomplishing it.

Apple Pay is riding on the success of the iPhone among the affluent sector of the smartphone market. Android, even if they had a similar system (when Wallet Launched), probably still wouldn't have gained as much notoriety simply due to the fact that the majority of its user base is decidedly low end and has no need for this.
    06-14-2015 07:58 PM
28 12