Public Beta - available now (7/9/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Found a fix for spotlight not showing up, here it is...

Settings
General
Restrictions
Enter code to access the restrictions options
Scroll down to "Privacy" category and select "Location Services"
Then scroll all the way down to "System Services"
Find "Spotlight Suggestions" --> make sure it is turned "ON"
Also find "Popular Near Me' --> make sure it is turned "ON"
Go back to General
Select "Spotlight Search"
Turn off --> Siri and Spotlight Suggestions
Do a hard turn off of your iphone
Go back to "Spotlight Search" and turn "ON" --> Siri and Spotlight Suggestions
Exit out and try to see if the far left search page will start displaying the Siri and Spotlight suggestions. You may have to tinker with the search few times and go back and forth to this page.

I was having a couple of issues with iOS 9 beta 3 on my iPhone 5 so I reinstalled using iTunes. Afterwards, I get everything on the search screen as it should, except the News feed.

I went to try this, and realized that I have no restrictions enabled, so I had to skip that part. Followed through the process and still no fix.

However, now that I have done that, I see another anomaly: The contact "suggestions" only show 3 people across. The 4th position is blank. If I tap "show more", I see a total of 6 contacts - the rightmost column in both rows is empty.

Still lots of wonky bugs with this one. I'm really of the mind that there is no absolute rhyme or reason at this point. Maybe beta 4 will fix it.

And I am still seeing the misalignment between the title bar and the search field on this screen.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Can anyone please try tango app to see if it crashes ? Tango developers just sent in an update of the app and I need to know if they updated the app for iOS 9 beta before I install it .. Thank you

Dude, I refuse to believe ONE app is keeping you from updating to iOS 9 beta, especially when you can easily downgrade back to 8.4. Having said that, install the public beta, if you haven't already, and then install the aforementioned app. If it works, great, if it doesn't, uninstall it and downgrade back to iOS 8.4, if necessary. Furthermore, it's not uncommon for an app to work flawlessly on one device and then crash on another.

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Found a fix for spotlight not showing up, here it is...

Settings
General
Restrictions
Enter code to access the restrictions options
Scroll down to "Privacy" category and select "Location Services"
Then scroll all the way down to "System Services"
Find "Spotlight Suggestions" --> make sure it is turned "ON"
Also find "Popular Near Me' --> make sure it is turned "ON"
Go back to General
Select "Spotlight Search"
Turn off --> Siri and Spotlight Suggestions
Do a hard turn off of your iphone
Go back to "Spotlight Search" and turn "ON" --> Siri and Spotlight Suggestions
Exit out and try to see if the far left search page will start displaying the Siri and Spotlight suggestions. You may have to tinker with the search few times and go back and forth to this page.

I didn't do that but it made me realize part of it made sense so what I did was turn sire suggestions off and turned my iPad off. Then turned it back on and some more info was there . I turned it off again with it checked on and turned my iPad on again and it works

Edit: Did the same thing on my iPhone and worked as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

thecubsman

Jul 14, 2015
Visit site
Public Beta vs. iOS 9 beta 3

I've had my devices legitimately signed up on a developer account since iOS 9 beta 1, but MONTHS previous had registered for the public beta for iOS (back when Apple watch was announced, and Tim Cook announced the public beta for iOS 8.3? which I signed up for immediately...but never seemed to materialize!)

The other day, I got my email about being in the public beta...proceed to download! I got the certificate/profile installed and was told to do a reset of device. I did but then never got the prompt to download the actual public beta! (However, after the reset I did get the "app" to report bugs)

My question is...should I should proceed as is, and wait for the next beta update (will it be the public beta or the developer beta when it does hit for me?), or should I downgrade to iOS 8.4 and then install the public beta? OR, as I haven't found ANYWHERE...are the two betas BIT FOR BIT the same, and going forward it doesn't matter which one is on my devices since they're both the same?

HELP!!!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: Public Beta vs. iOS 9 beta 3

I've had my devices legitimately signed up on a developer account since iOS 9 beta 1, but MONTHS previous had registered for the public beta for iOS (back when Apple watch was announced, and Tim Cook announced the public beta for iOS 8.3? which I signed up for immediately...but never seemed to materialize!)

The other day, I got my email about being in the public beta...proceed to download! I got the certificate/profile installed and was told to do a reset of device. I did but then never got the prompt to download the actual public beta! (However, after the reset I did get the "app" to report bugs)

My question is...should I should proceed as is, and wait for the next beta update (will it be the public beta or the developer beta when it does hit for me?), or should I downgrade to iOS 8.4 and then install the public beta? OR, as I haven't found ANYWHERE...are the two betas BIT FOR BIT the same, and going forward it doesn't matter which one is on my devices since they're both the same?

HELP!!!
I don't know, but being that you already have a dev account, I would continue to use it to get your beta updates if I were you. As others have stated, the developer beta will 'more than likely' be updated more frequently than the public beta. Furthermore, you're already familiar with how to obtain the dev beta.

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
My iPad had a screen rotation glitch so far, and the notification center is glitchy especially with mail notifications. I would post a picture of the rotation glitch but I can't because this app uses picture links and I can't post links :/

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
What do you guys think will be the timetable for new public beta releases will be?
With iOS8 - the last few Public Betas came out with Dev betas... seeing as how this first Public Beta came out the same day as Dev Beta 3 - Apple may time the Public & Dev betas for the same day... we'll see...

razza1987

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
I just got another bug on my phone. For some reason it is reading the same time for standby and usage even though I have been asleep for over eight hours o.o iMoreAppImg_20150716_093140.jpg

dash210

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
Installed the public beta on my Air I, but I can't see the app store nor the Feedback app. Should wipe it & try again or is this a bug?

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Anyone else get this message?
bcb867c973998522296bd8b357d3bf0f.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members