Public Beta - available now (7/9/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Runs very similar. The apps for me take a little more time to open, but nothing to really complain about. Scrolling and typing are as smooth as 8.4. So far, in fact, the only problem I have is Apple Insider not opening. It's hard not to recommend iOS 9 public beta to an every day device but I don't know if this stability is here to stay. I'd say that Apple is ahead of schedule and maybe see the gold master release before too long. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The GM release will not come before the new iPhone launch timeframe regardless of how stable it is. It's just how it works.

And your point about stability being here to stay is a good one. Several previous versions of iOS have seen regression in stability in some of the middle betas - almost as if Apple is trying to put a new feature in that is half baked, resulting in a degradation of the software. Usually when this occurs, the next beta restores the stability and functionality... but it does happen. And if you are running the beta software on your daily driver, you are negatively affected by the hiccup.

Caveat emptor, YMMV, etc.

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
How often do you all think they will update the beta? Developers are weekly or bi-weekly?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

shorski

Jul 25, 2014
Visit site
Installed on my 4s about 16 hours ago. Haven't really gone through it all but I'm liking it so far. Had an issue with Apple ID earlier on but figured the region was changed to another region. So I changed it back to what it should be and the Apple ID issue was gone.
The beats radio is awesome, News app is a good addition and the Siri search works for me. So far all is good.

razza1987

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
I want to file a report on the proactive search not appearing as it's obviously a bug. Can anyone tell me what I should file it under?

Posted via the iMore App for Android

truenorthstrong

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
So it didn't work for me (at least not yet) but if proactive/spotlight still isn't showing Siri suggestions you can try this (found in apple support forum)

1. Disable suggestions in Settings>General>Spotlight Search>Siri Suggestions.

2. Hard restart of device. (Hold Power and Home buttons until device restarts. NOT DFU RESET)

3. Re-Enable in Settings> General> Spotlight Search> Siri Suggestions

Ya this didn't work for me 😟

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Are they going to come out with new notification sounds.....? I'm really sick of these ones :-(

You are not limited to the buit-in notification sounds. I have a full set of ringtones and notification sounds that I have collected or made over the years. I don't think that I use any of the stock tones for anything. You don't need to, either.

If you want different notification tones, don't sit around waiting for Apple to change them up, go find your own. When you tire of them, repeat the process.

Status
Not open for further replies.