Public Beta - available now (7/9/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.

razza1987

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
To the person who suggested I restore my phone to 8.4 and then try reinstalling ios9 thank you. It is like it's a completely different beta now.

The main issue I am experiencing now is with imessage. My friend and I were sending imessages to one another on imessage. When we send messages it doesn't always go through and can take a long time to be delivered. Also I was getting her messages to me delayed and then repeated twice on my s6.

Other than that I'm loving this beta and it seems to be getting more stable the more I use it. I haven't had that imessage issue for a while. I hope me saying that doesn't jinx it lol. Though I still don't have that proactive assistant on my phone. It's just a search bar.

Also I am in LOVE with the new back feature. Getting a notification and being able to press back on the phone to go back to what I was doing is a pure luxury than having to double tap and find the app I was using. About time apple xd

Posted via the iMore App for Android

misanthropic

May 14, 2014
Visit site
Hello,

Does anyone here managed to get PIP working with YouTube on the iPad ?
I've tried opening it in safari or the YouTube app for iOS but no luck.

Thanks

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
..... It's hard not to recommend iOS 9 public beta to an every day device but I don't know if this stability is here to stay. I'd say that Apple is ahead of schedule and maybe see the gold master release before too long. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm in agreement with you, however, keep in mind that the public beta is not going to perform as smoothly on 'everyone's' device like it does on ours. Corrupted installations, device configuration, previous unresolved issues can all affect performance. Still, a technically-challenged person may have a fit because his or her favorite or most used apps aren't working correctly and place the blame on the public beta. It never occurs to them that apps need to be updated to work correctly with a new operating system.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
To the person who suggested I restore my phone to 8.4 and then try reinstalling ios9 thank you. It is like it's a completely different beta now.

The main issue I am experiencing now is with imessage. My friend and I were sending imessages to one another on imessage. When we send messages it doesn't always go through and can take a long time to be delivered. Also I was getting her messages to me delayed and then repeated twice on my s6.

Other than that I'm loving this beta and it seems to be getting more stable the more I use it. I haven't had that imessage issue for a while. I hope me saying that doesn't jinx it lol. Though I still don't have that proactive assistant on my phone. It's just a search bar.

Also I am in LOVE with the new back feature. Getting a notification and being able to press back on the phone to go back to what I was doing is a pure luxury than having to double tap and find the app I was using. About time apple xd

Posted via the iMore App for Android

You're very welcome...:)

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
So i installed the beta on my iPhone 4S and it runs like a charm, but the "Proactive Spotlight" thing is nowhere to be found. It won't even let me swipe in that direction. Also, i'm not seeing the sketch functionality in notes. Is the 4S going to miss out on a bunch of features??? If so, Apple should have said something... Let me know if anyone else has the same deal on their 4S

Did you select to use the enhanced note option or whatever was stated when you start using Notes in iOS 9? I can't remember the exact wording.

baz1536

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
Hello,

Does anyone here managed to get PIP working with YouTube on the iPad ?
I've tried opening it in safari or the YouTube app for iOS but no luck.

Thanks

I think the app has to support it. Developers can't submit iOS 9 features to the app store till just before release.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

anon(5718668)

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Sounds silly but by updating to iOS 9, I'm not going to be forced to upgrade to WatchOS 2, am I?

And I can restore iOS 8.4 through iTunes if needs be?

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Mmm nothing is showing when I swipe left from the home screen. I've tried multiple times

Sent from my iPhone 6 plus using Tapatalk

Go to the Settings - General - Spotlight Search and disable Siri Suggestions and Spotlight suggestions. Afterwards, reboot your device. Go back into the settings and re-enable the aforementioned items. Now go to your primary home screen and swipe to the right.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Sounds silly but by updating to iOS 9, I'm not going to be forced to upgrade to WatchOS 2, am I?

I doubt it. I'm running beta 3 of iOS 9 and am still running WatchOS 1.01 without any problems.

Last edited:

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

My apologies for overlooking the second part of your post earlier. Anyway, up until Apple 'officially' releases iOS 9 (maybe a few days afterwards), you will be able to downgrade to iOS 8.4.

JobSteves

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
So it didn't work for me (at least not yet) but if proactive/spotlight still isn't showing Siri suggestions you can try this (found in apple support forum)

1. Disable suggestions in Settings>General>Spotlight Search>Siri Suggestions.

2. Hard restart of device. (Hold Power and Home buttons until device restarts. NOT DFU RESET)

3. Re-Enable in Settings> General> Spotlight Search> Siri Suggestions

Yup I just woke up and everything is working now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox