I signed up for the public beta a month or so ago. I never received an email about the release. Is it available OTA?
    razza1987 likes this.
    07-09-2015 11:52 PM
    Wow! I love the new App Switcher. the News app is pretty interesting but I dislike it installed another five irremovable apps on my phone though, although I am guessing that some of them are just re-purposed apps we had before, like NewsStand.

Find iPhone used to be a suggested app, now it's mandatory. I have no idea what Find Friends is but I don't want it. Obviously the Feedback app will go once the iteration goes to live (I hope).

Some nice touches to the keyboard too; finally having lower case letters displayed on the keyboard is much more preferable to me. The addition of the Carplay functrions and the Battery low power mode indicators in settings is interesting too. All I need is a car that supports any kind of Bluetooth connection and i'm good to go!
    07-10-2015 12:05 AM
    I'm feeling some type of way about this font. It's definitely different. I'll play around with other things tomorrow at work
    07-10-2015 12:12 AM
    I decided to give the public beta for the first time. Very smooth so far. Love the feedback app. So here we go. 🏾
    This is my first time using the public beta as well. So far so good🏾
    07-10-2015 12:14 AM
    i am enrolled in the beta and I have assistant app on my home screen but when I go to the settings and try to update to iOS 9 it's says "iOS 8.4 is update to date" any help in getting iOS 9 to come threw?

iPhone 6 and I have the profile installed, I have rebooted the device, removed the profile and installed it again and still no iOS 9. Any help?
    07-10-2015 12:17 AM
    When swipe left from the home screen nothing shows. Bug? And where is the news app?

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk for 
    07-10-2015 12:33 AM
    When swipe left from the home screen nothing shows. Bug? And where is the news app?

Swiping left from the home screen (Search), it may take a bit to populate. Keep trying.

With regard to the News app, it appears to be a US-only thing at this point. If you are not in the US, the only way to get it is to change your Region to US (Settings > General > Language & Region > Region > United States).
    07-10-2015 12:36 AM
    Swiping left from the home screen (Search), it may take a bit to populate. Keep trying.

With regard to the News app, it appears to be a US-only thing at this point. If you are not in the US, the only way to get it is to change your Region to US (Settings > General > Language & Region > Region > United States).
    Thanks news is there now.

07-10-2015 12:49 AM
    I have an intense hatred of any screen being left of my home screen on any device. It's one of the main reasons why I added Nova Prime Launcher to my Android devices.

Now, by swiping left, I get to a new search function that is EXACTLY the same as swiping down from mid of the screen.

Please, please, please, Apple, give me a way of disabling the swipe left, I detest it!

It might seem minor to most folks but to me, it's almost a reason not to upgrade to iOS 9. Yes I feel very strongly about it.

EDIT: So I learned that it is supposed to be populated with stuff. Ugh, even worse. Mine isn't though, no matter how many times I reboot or leave it alone to 'populate'. It never does.

I guess i'll have to get used to it up until the point a jailbreak is available and a tweak to remove this function is released.
    Last edited by Highrisedrifter; 07-10-2015 at 01:47 AM.
    07-10-2015 01:28 AM
    I also do not have anything when I swype left on my phone except for the search bar. Weird. At least I know I'm not the only one

Posted via the iMore App for Android
    07-10-2015 01:45 AM
    I also do not have anything when I swype left on my phone except for the search bar. Weird. At least I know I'm not the only one

Reboot the phone I was same way and then it showed .. I'm missing news but I'm going to give it some time to learn or populate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    07-10-2015 01:47 AM
    My EE WiFi calling isnt working. Anyone in US on T Mobile or EE see this working?

07-10-2015 01:53 AM
    I have an intense hatred of any screen being left of my home screen on any device. It's one of the main reasons why I added Nova Prime Launcher to my Android devices.

Now, by swiping left, I get to a new search function that is EXACTLY the same as swiping down from mid of the screen.

Please, please, please, Apple, give me a way of disabling the swipe left, I detest it!

It might seem minor to most folks but to me, it's almost a reason not to upgrade to iOS 9. Yes I feel very strongly about it.

EDIT: So I learned that it is supposed to be populated with stuff. Ugh, even worse. Mine isn't though, no matter how many times I reboot or leave it alone to 'populate'. It never does.

I guess i'll have to get used to it up until the point a jailbreak is available and a tweak to remove this function is released.
    Man, I feel your pain.

I just noticed tonight that the search summoned by swiping down on the home screen also includes "Siri app suggestions", similar to those found on the Search screen (swiping left to right on home screen). None of the other stuff (contacts, nearby, news info) are there, however. This addition is new to beta 3.

For me, the annoying part is not that swipe left to right Search is there, but that there are 2 different search screens accessed by similar but different methods. It can be confusing and looks "amateurish" IMO.
    07-10-2015 02:05 AM
    On the feedback app I requested that you can toggle how to access the search screen. Much prefer swipe down.

07-10-2015 02:07 AM
    Man, I feel your pain.

I just noticed tonight that the search summoned by swiping down on the home screen also includes "Siri app suggestions", similar to those found on the Search screen (swiping left to right on home screen). None of the other stuff (contacts, nearby, news info) are there, however. This addition is new to beta 3.

For me, the annoying part is not that swipe left to right Search is there, but that there are 2 different search screens accessed by similar but different methods. It can be confusing and looks "amateurish" IMO.
    I totally agree. If there is a way of disabling the swipe left screen entirely, I will be a happy bunny. Failing that, please, Apple, include all this rubbish in the swipe down search bar, with the same options to toggle it off in Siri Suggestions.
    07-10-2015 02:47 AM
    Reboot the phone I was same way and then it showed .. I'm missing news but I'm going to give it some time to learn or populate

I have rebooted my phone multiple times. Nothing

07-10-2015 03:07 AM
    Loving iOS 9 beta!
    07-10-2015 03:09 AM

Are you based in the US?

07-10-2015 03:44 AM
    Whatsapp calls are broken :/

07-10-2015 04:54 AM
    I still don't get why I never got to email from apple. So weird

07-10-2015 05:54 AM

Same same same.
    07-10-2015 06:20 AM
    This is smoother and faster than the developer betas?
    No it's the same thing but with different build numbers. The public beta can by installed OTA to start with but the developer beta has to be installed using iTunes first. I think that the developer beta doesn't have a a feedback assistant either.
    07-10-2015 07:16 AM
    Find my iPhone and the feedback assistant keep logging out by themselves. Apple should've put more attention to this since its been happening since the iOS 8 betas from last year.
    07-10-2015 07:17 AM
    Anyone else think that it would be really convenient to have Low Battery Mode in the Control Center and part of the first section of settings in the settings app?
    bsr95 likes this.
    07-10-2015 07:20 AM
    So far no issues for me. Only one app keeps crashing, besides that it's not bad.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk!
    07-10-2015 07:28 AM
415 ... 56789 ...