Damn still nothing appears in the spotlight search 😠
    07-10-2015 08:02 PM
    I installed about 3 hours ago and i can't believe it but, it seems to run really smooth. I haven't seen any glitches so far.
    Spot light seems works fine along with all the apps that i have.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    07-10-2015 09:44 PM
    I installed about 3 hours ago and i can't believe it but, it seems to run really smooth. I haven't seen any glitches so far.
    Spot light seems works fine along with all the apps that i have.
    Issit really good like ios 8.4?
    07-10-2015 09:47 PM
    Seems like reading from different users post that some are experiancing differant issues but like i said, so far so good.... Haven't had any issues and it seems to be running really good.
    07-10-2015 09:51 PM
    Issit really good like ios 8.4?
    Runs very similar. The apps for me take a little more time to open, but nothing to really complain about. Scrolling and typing are as smooth as 8.4. So far, in fact, the only problem I have is Apple Insider not opening. It's hard not to recommend iOS 9 public beta to an every day device but I don't know if this stability is here to stay. I'd say that Apple is ahead of schedule and maybe see the gold master release before too long. :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by redsharktibby; 07-10-2015 at 11:05 PM.
    07-10-2015 10:42 PM
    Runs very similar. The apps for me take a little more time to open, but nothing to really complain about. Scrolling and typing are as smooth as 8.4. So far, in fact, the only problem I have is Apple Insider not opening. It's hard not to recommend iOS 9 public beta to an every day device but I don't know if this stability is here to stay. I'd say that Apple is ahead of schedule and maybe see the gold master release before too long. :-)

Should I stay on a jailbreak or ios beta?
    07-11-2015 02:05 AM

Is there a diff between ios public beta and developers?
    07-11-2015 02:06 AM
    Anybody having Graphic redraw issues in on 6+ on the home screen

07-11-2015 02:51 AM
    So it didn't work for me (at least not yet) but if proactive/spotlight still isn't showing Siri suggestions you can try this (found in apple support forum)

1. Disable suggestions in Settings>General>Spotlight Search>Siri Suggestions.

2. Hard restart of device. (Hold Power and Home buttons until device restarts. NOT DFU RESET)

3. Re-Enable in Settings> General> Spotlight Search> Siri Suggestions
    07-11-2015 03:16 AM
    Is there a diff between ios public beta and developers?
    I loaded developers from being on public beta .. Imo the developer build seems smoother

Just_Me_D likes this.
    07-11-2015 03:32 AM
    I loaded developers from being on public beta .. Imo the developer build seems smoother

What device do you have?

07-11-2015 03:36 AM
    To the person who suggested I restore my phone to 8.4 and then try reinstalling ios9 thank you. It is like it's a completely different beta now.

The main issue I am experiencing now is with imessage. My friend and I were sending imessages to one another on imessage. When we send messages it doesn't always go through and can take a long time to be delivered. Also I was getting her messages to me delayed and then repeated twice on my s6.

Other than that I'm loving this beta and it seems to be getting more stable the more I use it. I haven't had that imessage issue for a while. I hope me saying that doesn't jinx it lol. Though I still don't have that proactive assistant on my phone. It's just a search bar.

Also I am in LOVE with the new back feature. Getting a notification and being able to press back on the phone to go back to what I was doing is a pure luxury than having to double tap and find the app I was using. About time apple xd

Posted via the iMore App for Android
    koltonh2002 likes this.
    07-11-2015 04:58 AM
    Hello,

Does anyone here managed to get PIP working with YouTube on the iPad ?
    I've tried opening it in safari or the YouTube app for iOS but no luck.

Thanks
    07-11-2015 07:35 AM
    Hello,

Thanks
    Nope. I we trying to do this too with no luck.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    07-11-2015 07:37 AM
    Nope. I we trying to do this too with no luck.

I,ve managed to get it working with some site news in safari, but with YouTube no chance...
    07-11-2015 07:40 AM
    ..... It's hard not to recommend iOS 9 public beta to an every day device but I don't know if this stability is here to stay. I'd say that Apple is ahead of schedule and maybe see the gold master release before too long. :-)

I'm in agreement with you, however, keep in mind that the public beta is not going to perform as smoothly on 'everyone's' device like it does on ours. Corrupted installations, device configuration, previous unresolved issues can all affect performance. Still, a technically-challenged person may have a fit because his or her favorite or most used apps aren't working correctly and place the blame on the public beta. It never occurs to them that apps need to be updated to work correctly with a new operating system.
    07-11-2015 07:55 AM
    To the person who suggested I restore my phone to 8.4 and then try reinstalling ios9 thank you. It is like it's a completely different beta now.

The main issue I am experiencing now is with imessage. My friend and I were sending imessages to one another on imessage. When we send messages it doesn't always go through and can take a long time to be delivered. Also I was getting her messages to me delayed and then repeated twice on my s6.

Other than that I'm loving this beta and it seems to be getting more stable the more I use it. I haven't had that imessage issue for a while. I hope me saying that doesn't jinx it lol. Though I still don't have that proactive assistant on my phone. It's just a search bar.

Also I am in LOVE with the new back feature. Getting a notification and being able to press back on the phone to go back to what I was doing is a pure luxury than having to double tap and find the app I was using. About time apple xd

Posted via the iMore App for Android
    You're very welcome...
    razza1987 likes this.
    07-11-2015 07:58 AM
    So i installed the beta on my iPhone 4S and it runs like a charm, but the "Proactive Spotlight" thing is nowhere to be found. It won't even let me swipe in that direction. Also, i'm not seeing the sketch functionality in notes. Is the 4S going to miss out on a bunch of features??? If so, Apple should have said something... Let me know if anyone else has the same deal on their 4S
    Did you select to use the enhanced note option or whatever was stated when you start using Notes in iOS 9? I can't remember the exact wording.
    07-11-2015 08:07 AM
    Hello,

Thanks
    I think the app has to support it. Developers can't submit iOS 9 features to the app store till just before release.

07-11-2015 09:04 AM
    Mmm nothing is showing when I swipe left from the home screen. I've tried multiple times

Sent from my iPhone 6 plus using Tapatalk
    07-11-2015 09:04 AM
    I think the app has to support it. Developers can't submit iOS 9 features to the app store till just before release.

Thanks for the information.

Cheers

07-11-2015 09:11 AM
    Sounds silly but by updating to iOS 9, I'm not going to be forced to upgrade to WatchOS 2, am I?

And I can restore iOS 8.4 through iTunes if needs be?
    07-11-2015 09:24 AM
    Mmm nothing is showing when I swipe left from the home screen. I've tried multiple times

Sent from my iPhone 6 plus using Tapatalk
    Go to the Settings - General - Spotlight Search and disable Siri Suggestions and Spotlight suggestions. Afterwards, reboot your device. Go back into the settings and re-enable the aforementioned items. Now go to your primary home screen and swipe to the right.
    Sekelani Zwambila likes this.
    07-11-2015 09:28 AM
    Sounds silly but by updating to iOS 9, I'm not going to be forced to upgrade to WatchOS 2, am I?

And I can restore iOS 8.4 through iTunes if needs be?
    I doubt it. I'm running beta 3 of iOS 9 and am still running WatchOS 1.01 without any problems.
    Last edited by Just_Me_D; 07-11-2015 at 11:22 AM.
    anon(5718668) likes this.
    07-11-2015 09:30 AM
    I doubt it. Im running beta 3 of iOS 9 and am still running WatchOS 1.01 without any problems.
    Thank you
    07-11-2015 09:31 AM
415 ... 910111213 ...