any update on the story that ios9 will include additional bloatware? Find my friends could be a deal breaker
    09-15-2015 11:49 AM
    any update on the story that ios9 will include additional bloatware? Find my friends could be a deal breaker
    Bloatware? Have you ever used a Blackberry or Android device? Yeah, there are some apps that people don't use, and they are not removable... just put them in a folder and forget them. Or buy a really bloated device.

If "Find My Friends" is a "deal breaker", then I'm sorry to see you go, because it's there.
    09-15-2015 11:53 AM
    If "Find My Friends" is a "deal breaker", then I'm sorry to see you go, because it's there.
    It doesn't have to be... I don't have it...
    09-15-2015 11:58 AM
    Shove it in the last page of a folder and forget about it.
    09-15-2015 12:13 PM
    09-15-2015 12:16 PM
    That article also indicates with with iOS 9, Find My Phone, Find My Friends and News will not be removable.

With iOS 9, you'll be seeing Find My iPhone, Find My Friends, and News as the latest apps that can't be uninstalled.
    09-15-2015 01:09 PM
    Bloatware?? Deal Breaker......Funny thread
    09-15-2015 01:16 PM
    That article also indicates with with iOS 9, Find My Phone, Find My Friends and News will not be removable.
    Yes at this time.

Tim said for Apps that won't break the phone. Find My Friends, Podcasts, Stocks etc could be on the future 'allow to delete' when they find a way to allow removal.
    09-15-2015 01:37 PM
    None of those apps take much space at all! Just hide those you don't use in a folder way off on the last screen page by itself! Deal breaker? LOL
    09-15-2015 01:58 PM
    It's added space and additional tracking that I don't need
    09-16-2015 09:03 AM
    Podcasts is 44KB. The iCloud cache alone on other apps would be 1000s times bigger. Tapatalk that I use to reply to this post is 230MB.

And calling these built in apps bloatware is a huge stretch. You may not use all of them but real bloatware is the kind the carriers force on you on other phones.
    kch50428 and BreakingKayfabe like this.
    09-16-2015 09:13 AM
    Find My Friends is still a separate app in AppStore. If you don't want it, don't install it. The service behind the app, though, is integrated in iOS 9 but the app it self is not being installed with it.
    09-16-2015 09:28 AM
    If this really is a deal breaker, your choices are very limited. Either hope/wait for a jailbreak so you can (possibly) remove some of those apps, or use a different platform. This is not meant to be a "love it or leave it" response, but basically, that's what it boils down to - at least for now.
    Spencerdl likes this.
    09-16-2015 11:04 AM
    From what I've heard you cannot delete the app and it comes preinstalled
    09-16-2015 06:30 PM
    Sorry guys, my bad. It's indeed pre installed. When I was on iOS 8, I installed it, 'cause I use it regularly. That's why I assumed it was still an app from AppStore
    09-16-2015 06:55 PM
    How is it "additional tracking" if you don't even activate it? Answer: It's not.

This is a false premise.
    Tartarus likes this.
    09-16-2015 10:17 PM
    Honestly there is no issue here.
    In BB there were a ton of apps I couldn't get rid of. Android has whole pages of it.
    Put the app in a folder and that's it. Go on with life.

Sent from my GORGEOUS, SEXY, AWESOME Gold 128G iPhone 6 while I wait for my NEW AWESOME GORGEOUS SEXY 128GB iPhone 6s Plus in Rose Gold
    Spencerdl likes this.
    09-16-2015 10:32 PM
    i don't have an android phone so that's hardly relevant
    09-17-2015 12:13 AM
    i don't have an android phone so that's hardly relevant
    It is relevant because Apple has the least bloat ware of all the platforms I use. And I use four, concurrently.

A new app is not bloatware. Bloatware is carrier pushed or manufacturer pushed apps that often duplicate apps already in the OS, or which you didn't want. Example, AT&T navigation AND Google Maps. I don't *want* the AT&T app yet there it is on my Note 4.

Or BB Maps and then again AT&T Navigation.

So one new app like Find my Friends isn't bloatware. It's a new app. Don't want it? Put it in a folder called Apple.

Or make a folder called Junk and put that bottom right of your screen.

Sent from my GORGEOUS, SEXY, AWESOME Gold 128G iPhone 6 while I wait for my NEW AWESOME GORGEOUS SEXY 128GB iPhone 6s Plus in Rose Gold
    09-17-2015 06:36 AM
    And it won't function without your consent. For instance, it won't put your location or identity out there without you explicitly allowing it.

A legit concern but Apple is very good about protecting you and keeping you private by default.
    Spencerdl likes this.
    09-17-2015 07:59 AM
    Hate to open this back up but my wife just upgraded to 9 for first time. She got an app not made by Apple called Stocards. It's a loyalty program app.

Her words were "WTH is that }#%*<". She was able to uninstall it but this is awful pushy.

Anyone else see this?
    09-18-2015 11:15 PM
    Hate to open this back up but my wife just upgraded to 9 for first time. She got an app not made by Apple called Stocards. It's a loyalty program app.

Her words were "WTH is that }#%*<". She was able to uninstall it but this is awful pushy.

Anyone else see this?
    Somebody had to install it. It didn't get there by magic... and it's not an Apple app, so they didn't include it in the software install.
    09-18-2015 11:27 PM
    It's not Apple pushing it, that's for sure. I'm afraid she had it installed once on the phone, and when syncing to iTunes, the app was installed back on the phone.

Go to iTunes, Apps and delete all apps there you or she won't use ever again.

This has happened to me, too, once, when syncing my device with iTunes. Since that day, I always delete apps in iTunes from which I know I won't ever use again.
    Last edited by Tartarus; 09-18-2015 at 11:47 PM.
    09-18-2015 11:29 PM
    It's not Apple pushing it, that's for sure. I'm afraid she had it installed once on the phone, and when syncing over iTunes, the app was installed back on the phone.

Go to iTunes, Apps and delete all apps there you or she won't use ever again.

This has happened to me, too, once, when syncing my device with iTunes. Since that day, I always delete apps in iTunes from which I know I won't ever use again.
    She doesn't have iTunes.

I asked if she installed it. She says no.

But after asking a few questions about it, it was in a folder and not next to Find My Friends. So you're probably right. How about that, I sided with the internet instead of my wife. I am in trouble! (We'll just blame the kids for it. )

Thanks all.
    09-18-2015 11:46 PM
    She doesn't have iTunes.

I asked if she installed it. She says no.

But after asking a few questions about it, it was in a folder and not next to Find My Friends. So you're probably right. How about that, I sided with the internet instead of my wife. I am in trouble! (We'll just blame the kids for it. )

Thanks all.
    Wife's love chocolate and roses. Buy a dozen and forget about it
    09-18-2015 11:48 PM
31 12