Is there a good Youtube alternative app for iOS?

Julian_C

Jul 18, 2015
Visit site
Download and play background Youtube Audio

First of all, I apologize, since I could immagine that this thread could already exist in a similar form, but I need a short answer (whis is probably less searching effort)

A few days ago I switched to iOS from Windows Phone. On Windows Phone I had a super perfect youtube App: No ads, download videos (mp3 or mp4) and background play (=> turning off the screen, and SAVE data since only the audio track of the video was streamed).

Since I don't have many experience with the iOS apps at all and I don't want to test out 100 apps. Is there a "good" youtube alternative/downloader app and/or which can play audio in the background? (preferably with the option to stream only audio track to save mobile data).

It would be very important to me to being able do save the videos directly to the camera roll (->accessible from outside). If the downloaded video is only in the app itself, it's pretty useless for me

Thank you very much!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: Download and play background Youtube Audio

I'm not personally aware of any, but hopefully someone who does will respond soon.

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Download and play background Youtube Audio

YouTube's terms of service doesn't allow any type of app to download its videos, so Apple and the devs have been removing those apps or removing the specific feature of downloading from YouTube from those apps.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

YouTube's terms of service doesn't allow any type of app to download its videos, so Apple and the devs have been removing those apps or removing the specific feature of downloading from YouTube from those apps.

What I thought. But the one above still works.

RicanMedic78

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site

You can use "keepsafe" and then use the mobile browser version of youtube to download videos. Pass them back to the camera roll afterwards and it's done.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2