Why won't my phone detect Bluetooth devices after the iOS 8.4 update?

I

iMore Question

My phone will not detect bluetooth devices after iOS 8.4 update.

I have reset network settings and rebooted. It does not discover any bluetooth device.

gordol

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
Re: My phone will not detect bluetooth devices after iOS 8.4 update.

I have reset network settings and rebooted. It does not discover any bluetooth device.
Does the BT icon show when BT is on but not connected?

This happened to me on my iPad 2 when I updated to 8.4. The only fix was to revert to 8.3, which can only be done for a limited amount of time before Apple stops "signing" the files.

Links to the Apple downloads and instructions here: How to downgrade iOS 8.4 to iOS 8.3 on iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

Does the BT icon show when BT is on but not connected?

This happened to me on my iPad 2 when I updated to 8.4. The only fix was to revert to 8.3, which can only be done for a limited amount of time before Apple stops "signing" the files.

Links to the Apple downloads and instructions here: How to downgrade iOS 8.4 to iOS 8.3 on iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch

Apple is no longer signing 8.3 anymore at the time of this post

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

dldorn

Jul 8, 2015
Visit site

I have a 4s and after upgrading to 8.3, Wifi was greyed out and Bluetooth just spins. Found that the chip is bad in the phone, direct from a MAC employee's mouth and there is no fix. I upgraded today to 8.4 in hopes that Apple fixed that problem, and no dice. Luckily, I have another 4s with a cracked screen sitting at 8.2 that works. Won't be updating and won't upgrade to another phone until I am ready.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox