I haven't had the Apple music app crash on me once, lag yes but not crash on my iPhone 6

Sent from my 5th gen iPod touch (beta testing) using Tapatalk
    Crashed on me several times before I signed up for the trial. Hasn't crashed at all after signing up. On iPhone 6.
    06-30-2015 07:27 PM
    AirPlay to Apple TV is very quirky with iPad Air, when using the AirPlay button in music app. More often than not, i get an error. Seems to work okay if I select AirPlay from the control center. No issues with AirPlay on iPhone 6.
    06-30-2015 07:32 PM
    Updated my 6+ and Air 2 with no problems🏾
    06-30-2015 07:43 PM
    I've updated my 6 and my 5S so far and no issues. Hopefully that will still be the case when i install it on my iPad. I will say that I like Apple Music so far.
    06-30-2015 08:27 PM
    I tried updating at work this morning when it was released, but couldn't get past "estimating time remaining." I blamed a lousy Wi-Fi connection.
    Now I'm home and not getting any further. iTunes on my Mac says version 12.1.2 is the latest version. Hooked up my iPhone 6, but iTunes says I already have the current version.

I'm running public betas, I've had iOS 8.4 for more than a month now and enjoying a somewhat stripped down version of the Music app.
    How can I convince them that I only have the beta and really need the release version of iOS 8.4??
    06-30-2015 08:52 PM
    I had the public beta on my 5s and it still updated. Did you try to do it OTA? That's how I did it
    06-30-2015 08:55 PM
    8.4 has killed my gps. Google maps is all screwed up.
    06-30-2015 08:57 PM
    I tried updating at work this morning when it was released, but couldn't get past "estimating time remaining." I blamed a lousy Wi-Fi connection.
    Now I'm home and not getting any further. iTunes on my Mac says version 12.1.2 is the latest version. Hooked up my iPhone 6, but iTunes says I already have the current version.

I'm running public betas, I've had iOS 8.4 for more than a month now and enjoying a somewhat stripped down version of the Music app.
    How can I convince them that I only have the beta and really need the release version of iOS 8.4??
    Hit the "Restore iPhone" button instead of trying the "check for update" button.
    Sekelani Zwambila likes this.
    06-30-2015 09:00 PM
    Yeah, that's how I tried at first. Now exploring other options.

Thanks!!
    06-30-2015 09:29 PM
    Found iTunes 12.2 at Apple.com and am installing it now.

I'll try the restore option when that come up...

Thanks a lot!!
    06-30-2015 09:32 PM
    I haven't read far enough to see if you got an answer or not, but mine did the same. 1.5 hrs later on support with Apple and we realized that iTunes had made a second xml file for playlists. Had to go in and remove both the new files, enter time machine and restore the file from earlier this morning. This worked until I synced my phone, then another xml showed up. It also royally screwed up my music files on my phone. I turned off the option for iCloud music on my Mac, but it will continue to show up on my phone if I turn it on, which you have to in order to save or make a playlist! Crazy! I'm done with it for now. Hoping maybe it'll get better with a future update. For now I'm glad the preview is free. I'm sticking to spotify.
    06-30-2015 10:37 PM
    I forgot to quote, but that was for post #61
    06-30-2015 10:41 PM
    Nevermind, it's now under the Compilations section.
    I'm seeing the same thing. This is going to drive me crazy. Why can't it be under artists like it's always been? The Frozen soundtrack my daughter always has to play is under "various artists" and now it will be more difficult for her to find on her own. (she's 2) She doesn't get to use electronics much and that's the only thing she knew how to get to. There are a couple other artists saved under various artists as well, all of the music purchased through iTunes. I'm hoping they get added back to be under the same, complete list, under artist.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    06-30-2015 10:51 PM
    I'm seeing the same thing. This is going to drive me crazy. Why can't it be under artists like it's always been? The Frozen soundtrack my daughter always has to play is under "various artists" and now it will be more difficult for her to find on her own. (she's 2) She doesn't get to use electronics much and that's the only thing she knew how to get to. There are a couple other artists saved under various artists as well, all of the music purchased through iTunes. I'm hoping they get added back to be under the same, complete list, under artist.

The search function works pretty well. Not ideal for you but a usable option.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus
    06-30-2015 11:06 PM
    Both my iPhone 6 and iPad Air 2 updated, no problems here. iCloud Music Library finally turned on after waiting for 8 hours, and Apple Music is amazing! Going to cancel my Spotify subscription later and go all Apple! It integrates with my iTunes library which is the killer feature here in my opinion. Way to go Apple!
    nikkisharif likes this.
    07-01-2015 12:09 AM
    That's why I asked. The more lines, the less number shown. It can be up to 5 lines.
    Attachment 84219
    It now seems to have gone back to normal. Either way that was weird lol. Thanks for telling me about this feature

Posted via the iMore App for Android
    07-01-2015 06:17 AM
    Just downloaded and installed. It's been a great ride. Battery life still amazing no lag just greatness all the way

Sent from my iPhone 6 plus using Tapatalk
    07-01-2015 06:24 AM
    Someone else reported it, but my music library just upped and disappeared in the middle of scrolling through it. Looking at my usage it still advises that I have the same amount of space but no music. How do these things get passed testing?

Thanks for reply, after routing around a bit more i have discovered the music is still on my phone. However it only shows music purchased from iTunes. I have to go into search and type in the name to get the other music!
    Did you find a fix for this by chance? I seem to have the same problem as you. Only my purchased songs show up now.

I haven't read far enough to see if you got an answer or not, but mine did the same. 1.5 hrs later on support with Apple and we realized that iTunes had made a second xml file for playlists. Had to go in and remove both the new files, enter time machine and restore the file from earlier this morning. This worked until I synced my phone, then another xml showed up. It also royally screwed up my music files on my phone. I turned off the option for iCloud music on my Mac, but it will continue to show up on my phone if I turn it on, which you have to in order to save or make a playlist! Crazy! I'm done with it for now. Hoping maybe it'll get better with a future update. For now I'm glad the preview is free. I'm sticking to spotify.
    Was this only because you attempted the three month trial of  Music? Or was it because of the upgrade to 8.4?
    Last edited by SprSynJn; 07-01-2015 at 09:19 AM.
    07-01-2015 06:44 AM
    Seems faster...

Sorry couldn't resist 😂
    But the new update works flawlessly here. Tho 3dt party keyboards still vanish.
    07-01-2015 07:05 AM
    The " skip when shuffling " ( get info - playback options ) option I have selected for several albums is not working with the new music app on my iPhone 6 , the app plays these songs regardless. iTunes on desktop skip them just fine.
    07-01-2015 09:45 AM
    So far so good. I downloaded it on both my 6+ & Mini 2 with no issues. Haven't had a chance to fully check out Apple Music but all my music is there from iTunes Match so all is well

Since you got your 6+ do you find yourself using your Mini less? Just interested in knowing. Debating on getting an Air 2 or a Mini.
    07-01-2015 10:21 AM
    Is anyone else experiencing this problem with Apple Radio? On any station I choose I get the error "Cannot Open This media format is not supported" and it will cycle through the stations songs. Eventually it will come across one it can play, then goes back to cycling after it is done.
    07-01-2015 10:43 AM
    Since you got your 6+ do you find yourself using your Mini less? Just interested in knowing. Debating on getting an Air 2 or a Mini.
    I know this question wasn't addressed to me, but I feel I can provide some input

When I got my 4.7" iPhone 6, I cut my usage of my Mini 2 by about half. I then upgraded to an Air 2 about a week after launch, and I'm glad I did. The Air 2 has a much larger screen and I use my it a lot more than I used my Mini, because it provides a big enough difference to be better at some things than my iPhone.

With a 6+, I doubt I would even use a Mini, seeing as the difference in screen size isn't a whole lot.

Another thing to take into consideration is the fact that the Air 2 has much better processor and 2 GB of RAM. The performance alone is a big enough reason to choose it over the Mini IMO
    07-01-2015 10:52 AM
    I know this question wasn't addressed to me, but I feel I can provide some input

When I got my 4.7" iPhone 6, I cut my usage of my Mini 2 by about half. I then upgraded to an Air 2 about a week after launch, and I'm glad I did. The Air 2 has a much larger screen and I use my it a lot more than I used my Mini, because it provides a big enough difference to be better at some things than my iPhone.

With a 6+, I doubt I would even use a Mini, seeing as the difference in screen size isn't a whole lot.

Another thing to take into consideration is the fact that the Air 2 has much better processor and 2 GB of RAM. The performance alone is a big enough reason to choose it over the Mini IMO
    Thanks. I was thinking the same thing.

07-01-2015 11:09 AM
    My screen on my six plus has become completely unresponsive. Wtf

Posted via the iMore App for Android
    07-01-2015 11:12 AM
200 ... 34567 ...