Facebook error

BalrogWing

May 11, 2011
Visit site
Hello,

So recently on my iPhone, almost every app that I try to sign up or sign in with Facebook and multiple websites I try to sign in with give me an error. The error I get is "Sorry this feature isn't available right now: an error occurred while processing this request. Please try again later." I haven't had the issue on my iPad and I haven't made any settings changes on Facebook or my iPhone. I also compared settings on my iPad and iPhone and see no differences. I made sure that the apps I have an error with are turned on under Facebook in settings on my iPhone (if they show up, some do not at all). Does anyone have any suggestions or know what is causing this error?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Looking at your status bar, it could be a low signal. Does it do that way everywhere, or just at home. On WiFi and Cellular? Try Reset Network Settings.
Reset Network Settings
Settings>General>Reset>Tap Reset Network Settings. You may need to enter your wifi passcode back in afterwards.

Let us know if that works.

BalrogWing

May 11, 2011
Visit site
I'll try resetting network settings, but it happens everywhere. I'm at work on cellular now and it doesn't work, I was at home when this screenshot was taken and it doesn't work there either. My iPad was in the same room next to my iPhone, on the same WiFi network and it worked. It's just my iPhone for some reason.

EDIT: Resetting Network Settings did not help.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I'll try resetting network settings, but it happens everywhere. I'm at work on cellular now and it doesn't work, I was at home when this screenshot was taken and it doesn't work there either. My iPad was in the same room next to my iPhone, on the same WiFi network and it worked. It's just my iPhone for some reason.

EDIT: Resetting Network Settings did not help.

May be a bad SIM card. I'd have it looked at.

BalrogWing

May 11, 2011
Visit site
Just because of Facebook? Everything else on my phone works fine, it's just facebook that wont let me sign in or sign up with it on most, but not all apps. I doubt that's a sim card issue. I can browse the internet and use my mobile data just fine anywhere. This occurs on Wifi and on cellular.

Last edited:

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Just because of Facebook? Everything else on my phone works fine, it's just facebook that wont let me sign in or sign up with it on most, but not all apps. I doubt that's a sim card issue. I can browse the internet and use my mobile data just fine anywhere. This occurs on Wifi and on cellular.
You said Facebook and everywhere else. Does Facebook work online in Safari? Have you tried the Facebook client app Friendly+. I use it. If it's only Facebook, it's probably an app issue. Log in to Facebook in Safari.

BalrogWing

May 11, 2011
Visit site
Facebook in Safari works fine. I downloaded a few apps that offer you the ability to sign in/up with Facebook. When I try to do this with them, I get the above error. It does not happen with my iPad or my Mac so I don't think that it would be a setting on the Facebook side or I would receive an error there too I'd assume. I also don't see anything in my iPhone's settings that should be blocking these apps from using Facebook, they don't even show up to turn off their access to Facebook anyways. The one app only allows you to sign up with Facebook so I'm stuck until I can get that working. For that one, I even went on to Facebook and found the app, sent it to Mobile and then clicked on that in the Facebook app, which switched to that app on my iPhone and still gave me the above error. I'm able to access Facebook itself fine.

Apologies for the confusion, when I said everywhere, I was responding to your statement that my signal looked low. I meant that it happens everywhere, regardless of what signal strength I have.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Facebook in Safari works fine. I downloaded a few apps that offer you the ability to sign in/up with Facebook. When I try to do this with them, I get the above error. It does not happen with my iPad or my Mac so I don't think that it would be a setting on the Facebook side or I would receive an error there too I'd assume. I also don't see anything in my iPhone's settings that should be blocking these apps from using Facebook, they don't even show up to turn off their access to Facebook anyways. The one app only allows you to sign up with Facebook so I'm stuck until I can get that working. For that one, I even went on to Facebook and found the app, sent it to Mobile and then clicked on that in the Facebook app, which switched to that app on my iPhone and still gave me the above error. I'm able to access Facebook itself fine.

Apologies for the confusion, when I said everywhere, I was responding to your statement that my signal looked low. I meant that it happens everywhere, regardless of what signal strength I have.

Are you signed in to Facebook in Settings >Facebook> account name >enter email and password.?

BalrogWing

May 11, 2011
Visit site
Yes. I even signed out and back in to see if it would make a difference because I changed my Facebook username recently. I do get the screen first that shows my profile picture and provides the app with permission to access facebook contactes etc. and I hit Ok on the bottom. Once I hit Ok i get the error above and hit Okay again. it goes back to the app and tries to do the process over.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Can you go to Facebook in Safari and change your password? Do that, then go to Settings and change it there. Then try to log in to the app using the new password.

BalrogWing

May 11, 2011
Visit site
That didnt work either. I'm still getting the same error. The password I had worked though, I was able to logout and back in with it also.

BalrogWing

May 11, 2011
Visit site
When I login to Facebook normally I see Facebook. When I try to login to an app with Facebook it goes to Facebook, asks me for permission to access my profile, I hit ok and then goes to the error above. This only happens on my iPhone. I've compared the settings between my phone and iPad and they are identical. It also happens when I try to login to some websites through safari using Facebook. It worked on more but did not on macrumors as an example.

BalrogWing

May 11, 2011
Visit site
Here's another app I just downloaded to test. I get these two screens first and then when I hit okay on the second one, I get the original error. This app is Coffee Meets Bagel in case anyone wants to test and see if it does the same for them.

iMoreAppImg_20150623_105055.jpgView attachment 83796

Attachments

• IMG_3908.jpg
    IMG_3908.jpg
    175.6 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Don't log in through iMore. I never log out of Facebook. Only if I switch to a different account. I log in to my Wife's account some to make changes for her. She's not too savvy. But I use Friendly+ a lot. I have 4 Facebook accounts on the one app. I can switch without logging out.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2