We now have a photos app, calendar, mms and phone (hangouts), maps and gps, music player, email, browser, and Google now/voice search app and reminders. Now all we need is the google sanction contacts app. The ideal app would be one that would tie all the other apps together. It should let you open phone numbers, addresses, email, birthdays, sms/mms, and urls with Google's own apps. There is no need for Apple to add default apps if Google opens all the apps in their ecosystem. The contacts app should sync android starred or favorite contacts. It should also have Google contact groups and accept import and export of contacts using vcf files (that includes the contact picture in the vcf file). You should be able to send these vcf files using hangouts or gmail/inbox. All we need is for Google to make this happen. I pretty much use all Google apps anyway on my iPhone 6+ and Android Nexus 6.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by eprisencc; 06-04-2015 at 06:51 PM. Reason: No text.
    usedberry and Illustrator Joe like this.
    06-04-2015 05:56 PM
    Maybe you'll get your wish one day in the near future. In the meantime, enjoy what you already have in regard to contacts...
    06-04-2015 06:20 PM
    I get both Google and iCloud contacts in one place. I don't think I would want my contacts divided in two apps.

06-04-2015 07:53 PM
    I get both Google and iCloud contacts in one place. I don't think I would want my contacts divided in two apps.

I would. I don't use Apple squat because I have an android device too and would not be able to access any of my data if I went all in on Apple. Google gives me the best of both worlds. I actually like iOS hardware but Google software is second to none.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    usedberry likes this.
    06-04-2015 09:57 PM
    Before iPhone, i used bb n android phones and since then all my contacts have been on gmail.
    When i got my iPod touch (n iphone later) i just used my gmail credentials and all my contacts appeared magically on my iDevices. I have no contacts stored locally on iphone or icloud; they're just in one place: my gmail even when i don't use any android devices now.
    I can really appreciate the usefulness of the google contacts app if ever released; will really help me manage my gmail contacts on my iDevices better. 😊
    06-04-2015 09:58 PM
    Before iPhone, i used bb n android phones and since then all my contacts have been on gmail.
    When i got my iPod touch (n iphone later) i just used my gmail credentials and all my contacts appeared magically on my iDevices. I have no contacts stored locally on iphone or icloud; they're just in one place: my gmail even when i don't use any android devices now.
    I can really appreciate the usefulness of the google contacts app if ever released; will really help me manage my gmail contacts on my iDevices better.
    That's the way I'm set up too. The only problem with this setup is that you cannot access your contact groups or starred contacts. Also apple's contacts app open links using Apple apps and not Google apps. A native Google contacts app could alleviate all those problems.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    usedberry likes this.
    06-05-2015 12:06 AM